Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: If professional wrestling was real would it be the most popular sport?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: If professional wrestling was real would it be the most popular sport?

Well technically professional wrestling is supposed to a "fight" without usin closed fist..so it would look like amateur wrestling if the outcome wasn't pre determined.

Still, knowing that doesn't ruin it's entertainment value for me

Speaking of pro wrestling, Shawne Merriman signed a developmental deal with WWE. He tweeted this picture from his first day at the training center (The welts are from bouncing off the ropes. Til your skin gets used to it they tear you up)

Wrestling is real; it's just staged. All of the slams, moves, and stunts are 100% real and can't be faked, but they are done a certain way so they don't seriously hurt their opponent or themselves. Wrestlers have had too many health problems and injuries over the years to say it's fake.

can anyone explain to me how are the WWE wrestlers getting bloodied heads and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    can anyone explain to me how are the WWE wrestlers getting bloodied heads and stuff?
    They cut themselves with a concealed blade. I don't think WWE allows this anymore after the Undertaker/Orton incident

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ULFyG3-hJg

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    They cut themselves with a concealed blade. I don't think WWE allows this anymore after the Undertaker/Orton incident
    What happened???

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    What happened???
    I think it's when Orton Sr. tested positive for some blood-born pathogen or some shiite and bled out on the UndieTaker and then the dead one was all worried about his life and shiite. He got scurred

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    I think it's when Orton Sr. tested positive for some blood-born pathogen or some shiite and bled out on the UndieTaker and then the dead one was all worried about his life and shiite. He got scurred

Pretty much this. I think it was hep c though

WWE doesn't allow blood anymore, if you see blood on wwe tv these days it means somebody was busted open accidentally. They are a public company now..they've went PG & if they do show blood (like when Lesnar was opened up earlier this year on raw) they show it in black and white when it's replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    If it were real there'd be message boards filled with guys screaming about how the reffing sucks and the whole thing is fixed.