Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
Theoo
maimi heat fan sinc'89

Default Re: I am writing a novel about insidehoops

is redy??
Theoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
Bandito
NBA Legend

Is the title of the book going to be Kobe stans vs. Lebrontards ?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
NauruDude
Banned

dont use my name. naurudude
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Don't use my name,

However consult me for

Character analysis and development
Descriptive settings
Symbolic language
Historical accuracy
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

As a writer myself, I think this is a horrible idea. ISH characters are anything but interesting; what are you going to write about? bladers the hopeless romantic in his quest to find love and salvation ends up on ISH where homosexual activities are rampant, then he meets old man niko who teaches him the way with KevNYC citing professional articles that don't clearly work, but here is the kicker, he does end up being gay and hooks up with Draz, and Lilharvard tells him, "Don't forget to bring him a donut," but then Kaspash (who is clearly homophobic) gets pissed off, and decides to find him in real life, but Sourpatch pleads and begs him not to do it, and Macho man is all like, "Don't be a *****!" So Kaspash ends up finding him, but Jeff steps in out of the blue and consoles the both of them and they end up living happily ever after.

Sorry but that is some dumba*s sh*t. I consider myself an above average writer, but even I can't think of an interesting story to make out of ISH. Even if you do write it I doubt anyone is going to read it since 90% of ISH members can't read anything beyond one liners let alone a whole book.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #21
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Rambo had u been here three years prior u would know there's no dearth of memorable characters

Bladders love story is like ten times better than any of the trash Hugh grant puts out in his romantic comedies... Bladders is at least at r jelly trapped in da closet status and with some fresh imagination and hyperbole he could pass it. We need budadii help also
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
As a writer myself, I think this is a horrible idea. ISH characters are anything but interesting; what are you going to write about? bladers the hopeless romantic in his quest to find love and salvation ends up on ISH where homosexual activities are rampant, then he meets old man niko who teaches him the way with KevNYC citing professional articles that don't clearly work, but here is the kicker, he does end up being gay and hooks up with Draz, and Lilharvard tells him, "Don't forget to bring him a donut," but then Kaspash (who is clearly homophobic) gets pissed off, and decides to find him in real life, but Sourpatch pleads and begs him not to do it, and Macho man is all like, "Don't be a *****!" So Kaspash ends up finding him, but Jeff steps in out of the blue and consoles the both of them and they end up living happily ever after.

Sorry but that is some dumba*s sh*t. I consider myself an above average writer, but even I can't think of an interesting story to make out of ISH. Even if you do write it I doubt anyone is going to read it since 90% of ISH members can't read anything beyond one liners let alone a whole book.

what's an above average writer? What's an average writer? You can make an interesting story out of anything as long as you understand (or can make it plausible) the motivations of people. That is, you could have some dude you dislike going to doing a bunch of coke then getting **** fisted by a chimpanzee. As long as, you know, his personality would make that believable.

You don't have to be like "then he made a new thread... and was saying... LEBRON, in fact, will retire as the GOAT if he only wins 2 more FMVPS..."

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
...if you are ok with me using your screename, i will make sure to paint you in a good light. hopefully i can get it on amazon someday but for now it's just an experimental novel.

if i can use your sn as a character please type
"i am ok with my name being used as a character
-<myscreename>"

Thanks a lot guys and I'll keep you updated
go to hell, sir, and may i dance upon your decomposing carcass in the near future.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

this is great

needs a a plot twist tho
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
Theoo
maimi heat fan sinc'89

please wwhen it redy
Theoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: