Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #16
1manfastbreak
still hyphy

Default Re: If Monta Ellis played defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If I didnt know any better I'd say Nelson was trying to get fired.

i think this is mullen's last year. so if they are going to let mullen go and keep nelson, i don't know what the hell is going on.

1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
i think this is mullen's last year. so if they are going to let mullen go and keep nelson, i don't know what the hell is going on.

you got it right mullin is gone

but i dont get that people are saying nellie is trying to get fired

he said since before the season started that it was a rebuilding year and guess what it was

another thing people like to say nellie has a HUGE EGO well wouldnt it makes sense that he tried to get as much wins as possible to become #1 all time in wins so tanking is stupid
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #18
VeeCee15
High School Starter

The recent trend over the past 5 year is everyone and their moms overrating INDIVIDUAL defense. Individual defense is not that important stop buying into the hype.
VeeCee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #19
nbastatus
Doodle

he is fast
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #20
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Monta Ellis post all star break numbers:

24 ppg 5 apg 5 rpg 2 stls on 48% FG shooting 86% FT shooting... he's still not "back" yet he looks about 85% or so healthy or up to speed as some say. I wouldn't be shocked if he put up 27/5/5 next year because the offense is catered around him and he is capable.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #21
swyftdahoe
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo
Monta doesn't "score with the best of them". He's not an elite level scorer. He's a good scorer.

Dude has all the tools to average 25+ so I'd call that really good.

And yes, I think he'd be able to play good defense if his coach preached any of that. The coach + system matters. See: Ray Allen in Boston.
swyftdahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #22
1manfastbreak
still hyphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
you got it right mullin is gone

but i dont get that people are saying nellie is trying to get fired

he said since before the season started that it was a rebuilding year and guess what it was

another thing people like to say nellie has a HUGE EGO well wouldnt it makes sense that he tried to get as much wins as possible to become #1 all time in wins so tanking is stupid

nellie doesn't have somewhat of an ego. He will not play rookies for the life of him. He shauned Belinelli to the end of the bench his rookie year, and look what he is doing with Randolph, the only reason he is getting this many minutes is becuase the warriors are only suiting up about 8 players a game due to injuries.

Sure nelson is closing in on #1 on the all time win list, but he is also closing in on all time losses for a coach. If this was such a rebuilding year then he should of been playing the rookies waaaaaay more. The warriors are the youngest team in the NBA. Their rebuilding yet stephen jackson is 2nd in the league in minutes played. COME ON NELLIE!!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #23
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
nellie doesn't have somewhat of an ego. He will not play rookies for the life of him. He shauned Belinelli to the end of the bench his rookie year, and look what he is doing with Randolph, the only reason he is getting this many minutes is becuase the warriors are only suiting up about 8 players a game due to injuries.

Sure nelson is closing in on #1 on the all time win list, but he is also closing in on all time losses for a coach. If this was such a rebuilding year then he should of been playing the rookies waaaaaay more. The warriors are the youngest team in the NBA. Their rebuilding yet stephen jackson is 2nd in the league in minutes played. COME ON NELLIE!!

well he played

marco
wright
buike
watson

alot this year so ofcourse randolphs min will not be that much but hes still played a whole lot more then brandon wright and marco did last year

also whos gonna take jackson min? maggatte is a ball hog and buike doesnt see the floor like jackson does but still he overplayed jackson
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
1manfastbreak
still hyphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
well he played

marco
wright
buike
watson

alot this year so ofcourse randolphs min will not be that much but hes still played a whole lot more then brandon wright and marco did last year

also whos gonna take jackson min? maggatte is a ball hog and buike doesnt see the floor like jackson does but still he overplayed jackson

i dont think he even played belinelli or wright enough. then of course, they have to be hurt all season.

anyone could take minutes from jack, i think he under played morrow a lot of the year too. morrow is soo wet, hes the best 3-pt shooter in the NBA % wise, and actuall bukie is #3.

magette is a good player, but he doesnt fit the warriors style at all. all he wants to do is slow the game down and get fouled and live at the free throw line. i just hated watching jackson commit so many stupid TO's, which he led the nba in this year. i love jack i just dont think he should be any teams lead ball handler and playmaker.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #25
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

If the Golden State Warriors played defense, they would be a top 3 team in the West. If Monta Ellis became an elite defender, he'd be on the All-NBA 2nd team and All-Defensive team.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #26
1manfastbreak
still hyphy

i dont think they have played a single game this year with a fully healthy squad. i think they really could be a pretty good team, and their going to get another lottery pick, but that doesnt matter becuase he most likely will get no minutes next year...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: