Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

Default Should the Sixers have traded Andre Igoudala?

It's obvious the dude isn't a franchise player and I read we could have gotten Stoudemire for him. What do ya'll think?

Default Re: Should the Sixers have traded Andre Igoudala?

Here is what Ed Stefanski said which kind of shuts up fans. You trade Dalembert and Iggy, 2 players most fans want gone to Houston for Tmac? You're only $7mil under the cap (according to Ed). Now in 2010 who are you going to sign to replace what you lost? Doesnt make much sense to lose Iguodala to go out and sign a player to replace him that isnt as good as him. You make the Phx trade? And Amare Stoudemire walks and you dont have much cap space to replace the talent you lost. So like the Tmac deal, whoever you sign as a FA isnt as good as Iguodala. Now where do you go?

So you got rid of 2 contracts (Sammy/Iggy) and not only does it not give you much cap space to target the bigger names but you havent improved the team either.

Next season Kapono, Dalembert, W.Green are expirers. About $23mil. Its best to make deals/move this offseason/during next season to position yourself for 2011 free agents.

J.Crawford, K.Perkins, C.Butler, E.Dampier, D.Nowitzki, JR Smith, T.Prince, M.Dunleavy Jr, Z.Randolph, M.Redd, J.Richardson, C.Landry, J.Pryzbilla, AK-47, T.Parker, J.Howard.

Saw a basketball once

I just still do not get the logic of "he's not a franchise player, let's get rid of him". Of all the people on the team we could get rid of, the right move is to get rid of our best player? Keep in mind we still have on this roster:

Willie Green
    Lou Williams
    Jason Kapono
    Jason Smith
    Maurice Speights
    Elton Brand
    Thaddeus Young
    Dalembert

If you want a good playoff team you need a guy like Iguodala to be the stopper with some scoring ability who can make plays. The reason he has value is because he is good, and do you think we're going to trade him for Wade? Stoudemire is over-rated and a sidekick at best who would have just left anyway. Maybe it's just me but if we dump the players above, keep Iguodala, Holiday, Meeks, get a good coach and have a good draft this year and the next we may be finally in a position to get out of this hole come 2 years from now.

If you trade igoudala its a rebuild, and you can't rebuild with brand on the roster- I would say only trade him if it moved brand as well- at the same time giving talent away is stupid- somebody like the bucks could use both players- redd + gazdurich or bell + mil 1st for igoudala + brand- could that help both teams?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Would it take more than expirings and picks to get Iggy? Say Indy offered TJ Ford, Jeff Foster, Brandon Rush, and a 2011 top 3 protected 1st? Sub Dunleavy for Ford, whatever, any of the expirings (Ford, Foster, Murphy, Dunleavy). Is it Philly's, or at least their fans, opinion that to move him one of the crap deals has to go along with him?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Would it take more than expirings and picks to get Iggy? Say Indy offered TJ Ford, Jeff Foster, Brandon Rush, and a 2011 top 3 protected 1st? Sub Dunleavy for Ford, whatever, any of the expirings (Ford, Foster, Murphy, Dunleavy). Is it Philly's, or at least their fans, opinion that to move him one of the crap deals has to go along with him?
    Ed Stefanski loves Iguodala. So he wouldnt trade Iggy for expirers and picks. He's mentioned that he wouldnt make a trade just to make one or to clear space. It would to better the team. So if Iggy could bring back pieces that would be helpful to the Sixers (say a SG who can shoot while you allow Thad to be the SF of the future)? Then he'd make a trade. Gms say one thing and can do another. The way I see it? With Ed being on the hotseat he cant afford to make trades of that kind. Where you're basically lookin to clear cap space, add picks and trying to rebuild. Ed has to make moves that helps win games now as opposed to taking a hit 1 or 2 years with the promise it could get better.

As far as packaging him with a crap deal in order to move him? I'm not sure. Elton Brand would be the only crap deal left. Sammy is an expirer. Easier to move now as opposed to the past season. I dont think Philly bites on that proposed deal by you even if you sub Dunleavy who can shoot. The way Stefanski talks this team underachieved bigtime. So in his eyes they are better than what the record shows. They are a playoff contender and can win atleast 40 games. That trade even with a good HC wouldnt help the Sixers much now. Future? Possibly, but Stefanski is on a very short leash. He doesnt have 1-2 years to toy around with the roster, clear cap space, aquire picks to put a winner. Sixers been to the playoffs 2yrs in a row prior to this horrible season. Patience is thin.

I'm speaking totally on what I think the front office would do. Not as a fan what I would do. Sixers are open to trading Iggy but for the right price. Are they overvaluing him? Possibly. But rebuilding atleast at this point isnt something they are welcoming. Or this time next season we could have a new GM.

My bad about missing your note....I didnt even notice it all this time.

Saw a basketball once issuermum's Avatar

Default Should the Sixers have traded Andre Igoudala

That is funny you still have my pants from 4 years ago. I hope they have worked out for you. They must be crusty as he, hit me up at an event this year and I will see about getting you a new pair.
    Halla

Decent college freshman

who cares if he is a franchise player, he is a very good 2nd or 3rd player. He can initiate the offense and is one of the better finishers on the fast break in the league. He can put up 20 at any time while creating for others and he can defend 2-3 positions at a high level. Strong rebounder too. NO would love to have him next to Paul, that's for sure.

Trade him for Okafor and Pondexter and you have a real C and a replacement young SF. Get Iggy out of the way for Turner and Holliday. Okafor and Iggy have same contract

Decent playground baller Venja42's Avatar

I'm mixed.

I say yes because the cap space will be valuable. You weren't gonna get too far under the cap if you traded him at the deadline and even if you did, the big free agents were going to come here anyway.

The goal would be to build your younger players for the next year, try to move Brand's contract at the next deadline (which probably won't happen) but let your other expiring deals go and make a run at the 2011 crop of FAs.

I say no because Coach Collins REALLY loves Iggy. I'm excited to see how he can influence him. I'm not convinced that either one can bring us a championship anytime soon (if at all) but its a step in the right direction. Iggy was a much better player with Andre Miller next to him and now that Jrue is a year older, wiser and running the show as the point guard, I think Iggy can get back on track of playing the way he should be instead of the way he thinks he can. Slash, kick, defend and please for the love of GOD stay inside the 3-point arc!!!

I still want him in Indy. I keep emailing Bird about it but no response yet.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I still want him in Indy. I keep emailing Bird about it but no response yet.
    I'll give it a shot. What's Bird's email?

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    I'll give it a shot. What's Bird's email?
    larrylegend@wtfisacomputer?.com

Banned

should make a deal for an expierer and some picks

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Are the Sixers going to trade this guy? Orlando's roster shake up looks like it may have lit a fire under a few people around the league. There may be a market for Igoudala.

sixers should have traded him a year ago, his value has droped significantly