Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: So all we have to look forward to this season is Kobe chucking?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I was hoping they could emulate the Sixers back in 2000-03 Iverson took the most shots and averaged around 39-41% and yet that team played great defense even winning the ECF in 01.
    The major difference was Iverson would attack, get to the line or his frontcourt teammates would collect his missed FGs for easy put backs.
    I think of the Bulls the past 2 year without Rose how they were bad offensively but scrapped their way to very respectable record.
    Byron Scott spoke about the importance of playing defense and yet I don't see it.
    It is the players? Did Mitch consulted him? How on earth did they sign a player like Xavier Henry who turned out to have nagging injuries? Can't they find guys like Bruce Bowen who journeyed his way from Cal State Fullerton? a Bo Outlaw or someone like Udonis Haslem?
    Heck draft a guy like Patrick Beverly... oh wait they did that

btw welcome back guys.
    Crisoner, DD, etc, Bladfd, Freak etc where are you guys?
    Welcome back to you too. I checked the forums sometimes but there just wasn't anything to talk about for a while there. I'm glad the season has started back up. I don't see this team being like that Sixers team because like you said they were a very good defensive team. This Lakers team won't be good defensively. I think it's going to be a rough season for the Lakers. This is probably the worst roster Kobe has ever been on and now he's at the end of his career. It will be a struggle to get to 30 wins. That's why I think just developing some of the younger guys and trying to see if there's a diamond in the rough would be good for this season. Maybe there's one of them the Lakers will want to keep long term.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Welcome back to you too. I checked the forums sometimes but there just wasn't anything to talk about for a while there. I'm glad the season has started back up. I don't see this team being like that Sixers team because like you said they were a very good defensive team. This Lakers team won't be good defensively. I think it's going to be a rough season for the Lakers. This is probably the worst roster Kobe has ever been on and now he's at the end of his career. It will be a struggle to get to 30 wins. That's why I think just developing some of the younger guys and trying to see if there's a diamond in the rough would be good for this season. Maybe there's one of them the Lakers will want to keep long term.
    But coaches find ways to motivate, dissect each players abilities. I think of Thibs coaching Korver, Snell and Bellinelli etc, these guys were not great defenders and yet improved under him. The problem is guys like KObe thinks playing better defense is about reaching in and trying to steal the ball but more often than not, he gets called for a foul. Many times he tries to intercept a pass but fails, so his man gets a free lane to attack....
    I wish they can hire Cooper to tutor these guys now to stay infront of thier man.
    About the current guys, I like Ed Davis, Hill and Price.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I'd like to see those 3 get some minutes to see what they can do. Davis could be someone who develops into a solid role player.

NBA All-star

the team execs question

the players prayer

the fans ticket

I'm dubiased

Still around!!! Just read more then post now.

Glad to see all you guys on here still. We had a great decade....

I'm looking forward to next year already. Hope we can grab Rondo and LA!!!

LA in LA next year!!!

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

....of course we will why wouldn't he not? Kobe's the only hot ticket drama selling item this side of Hollywood, the team's roster was purposely designed this way with scrubs just so Kobe can surpass MJ's scoring record with ease and wouldn't be surprised if he make a run at Karl Malone's 2nd overall scoring record next year at this rate. We can all thank the FO for over paying 48 mil (2 years) to keep Kobe's mouth in check for lack of wins it's gonna be a insane drama repeat.

Raiders / Lakers fan

More problems than a blind man in a mine field.

EvilDooinz

Quote Originally Posted by DixieNourmous
    Raiders / Lakers fan

More problems than a blind man in a mine field.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

this season yes, but jahlil okafor and 2 max free agents by 2016

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    this season yes, but jahlil okafor and 2 max free agents by 2016
    Or Emmanual Mudiay or Karl-Anthony Towns.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Or Emmanual Mudiay or Karl-Anthony Towns.
    works for me!

Chuckee Bryant a.k.a The Pale-faced Mamba doin' work trying to chuck the Lakers to a playoff-berth

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official Kobe Bryant Thread: Next chapter

What's the point of sitting Kobe so much? It really makes this team unwatchable. The only reason I can see for it is the Lakers are truly trying to tank. I don't believe that Kobe is too sore to play. It wasn't that long ago he had fingers taped together so he could make it through a season lol. Kobe is taking it well. I think even if he is in the game they aren't going to win too many more. This roster is horrible.... one of the worst in the NBA.

What's the point of sitting Kobe so much? It really makes this team unwatchable. The only reason I can see for it is the Lakers are truly trying to tank. I don't believe that Kobe is too sore to play. It wasn't that long ago he had fingers taped together so he could make it through a season lol. Kobe is taking it well. I think even if he is in the game they aren't going to win too many more. This roster is horrible.... one of the worst in the NBA.
    I understand your point esp if it's not back to back but I am more confused on why Byron is not using Clarkson at all. This guy is very athletic and playing him atleast 20 mins/game would help a ton esp for next year. Let him make the mistakes now and learn from it. Im not sure if this is roster is that horrible tho. Black, Davis, Hill, these guys are decent IMO.

Broken fingers don't compare to the injuries he had. A torn Achilles is among the worst injuries to have as a NBA player. Add to the mix a 36 year old who has broken leg and a substantial amount of time off and you get a broken down player. Personally, I think the rigors of the NBA has caught up to him. When you recover from injuries you compensate on the rest of the body so that causes problems. I don't think he can handle a full NBA season anymore

If he could go, I really don't think he would be sitting. Nothing he has done in the past tells me he would sit if he could go.