Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #31
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Harry Potter Movie

It pisses me off, people that say that anyone who reads Harry Potter is a loser. People that have said that have clearly never read the books.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 AM   #32
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
It pisses me off, people that say that anyone who reads Harry Potter is a loser. People that have said that have clearly never read the books.
I believe you should have said "clearly cant read."
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:52 AM   #33
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

^
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:57 AM   #34
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
If your over 15 and watching Harry Potter then ... well you get where i'm going

In Australia the movie is M15+ rated. Where did you get the idea that Harry Potter was only for little children?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 AM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
In Australia the movie is M15+ rated. Where did you get the idea that Harry Potter was only for little children?

Because he and people like him are ignorant. They are well written stories and aren't really "kiddish" at all (well, maybe the 1st one, but I only saw that one because of my nieces and nephews), but it was still good enough for me to want to see the rest.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #36
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

only watched the first one.

Saw the chick on Conan and she has UPSIDE
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #37
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

watched it yesterday and it was a let-down IMO. What I always hated about the movies was that they missed all those great sub-plots/stories from the book. Mrs Weasly's visions of her family dying should have been in there for better understanding. Harry and the rest visiting St. Mungo's and their encounter with Neville, his parents and grandma, instead of Neville just telling him after DA.
Also, they changed A LOT about Umbridge and how she ran school.

Aside from all that, the movie didn't have a good feel to it. First half was more like different episodes put together, wasn't cohesive at all. The 3rd movie was way better in that regard, not to mention the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which did a far better job, though I realizy it was 10 hours long
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #38
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

everytime i go to watch these potter movies i fall asleep... they so dang long ... thats why i always keep myself entertained with my girl next to me
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #39
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
everytime i go to watch these potter movies i fall asleep... they so dang long ... thats why i always keep myself entertained with my girl next to me

I smell a liar. Well, you wont fall asleep (apparently) in this one. It's the shortest of all.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #40
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked it quite a bit. Not the best one of them but not the worst either. I'd say its maybe the 3rd best one for me. PoA, GoF, OotP, P/SS, CoS, P/SS. I absolutely do NOT miss Chris Columbus one bit.

They leave a bunch out but Potter fans need not complain compared to what happens to other books to film.

Michael Crichton books get cut to pieces so bad it hurts. Even Jurassic Park was overhauled quite a bit. Hell, in the book, the islands owner and Jeff Goldblum's character die while the lawyer that gets eaten off the toilet (in the movie) turns into a hardcore action hero. Even the book Lost World that MC wrote to explain how Goldblum didn't die had massive changes. Hint, there was no TRex eating people in front of video stores. Don't even get me started on what they did to Sphere (wasting a great cast in the process).

Plus if you still feel like complaining, look what happened to the poor Lemony Snicket readers. They crammed 3 books into one movie and hired an actor (Jim Carrey) as the main villain who openly says he doesn't do sequels to his flicks b/c he hated Ace 2 (which was the only movie I have ever fallen asleep in).
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: