Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #31
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare to undergo another Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
You don't see McGrady making any excuses, but we all know a 100% healthy T-Mac will easily make the WCF.

Baby steps. Baby steps. Pass the first round first before you talk about passing the second round.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:02 AM   #32
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I don't think Amare will be back in 2 or 3 weeks. Raja just had a minor knee procedure done and his recovery was 6 weeks.

And don't forget that when Amare had arthroscopic surgery done the last time, he ended up having microfracture surgery done as well, though they didn't know he needed it at the time. I am scared to wake up tomorrow and possibly see another year will be lost. This is all to similar to the last time.

I don't trust anything I hear in regards to Amare and his knees anymore. I bought too much into all that the first time. This is scary to me.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach.

Thats all I have to say.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #33
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Wtf! The Suns must be cursed or something. Here's hoping he makes a fast and full recovery. Even though a lot of players have bounced back from arthroscopic surgery, Amare's already had it on that knee, and there's always the possibility they'll find something else. I'm shocked, this is scary stuff.

And damn it, I was looking forward to a possible championship season. I was feeling good after reading that article on the Suns' injury-prevention training methods - and now we get hit with this.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #34
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Are any details about how big it really is out yet? Kobe had arthroscopic surgery to remove scar tissue last year and was out all summer plus training camp and didnt really have any explosiveness until very late in the season.

Unless its something very very minor, I'm not sure about this 2 or 3 week talks with Amare.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #35
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

The term 'knee surgery' is terrible, it makes people really scared as soon as it's mentioned. But the truth is there are many many different types of knee surgeries, and they can vary A LOT.

From what I've read, its a small piece of crap ("a loose particle") floating around in there, maybe a speck of cartilage or something else which came off the kneecap. The particle would've moved around and irritated the knee, causing inflammation and the resultant pain and swelling.

The same thing would happen if say a speck of dirt somehow got deep into your knee; it's not so much the tiny bit of dirt, but your body's own immune response that would irritate the knee. Once the particle is removed, the inflammation can be easily dealt with through NSAIDs etc.

What Amare will have is pretty much the smallest knee surgery you can get - 2 small incisions are made, a little camera thingy is inserted to look around, and small surgical instruments go into the other hole to remove the loose particle.

So I'm not too worried about the particle itself. It's more what Rab pointed out - we could very well wake up tomorrow to read that they discovered more cartilage damage and performed another microfracture.

Last edited by 3stat2 : 10-02-2007 at 04:09 AM.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:35 AM   #36
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
guys calm down ok? This is a standard procedure in amare's OTHER KNEE! He'll be back to his old self in 2 to 3 weeks
hes not like crippled or anything

I hope this is so, but Oden, for example, was doing nearly the same procedure when they discovered he needed microfracture...
Don't forget the first time he attempted a comeback the result was a surgery to the non-microfractured knee... so the same as this time.
I hope all turns well, but I'll held my breath until the procedure has been performed.

Last edited by Shark : 10-02-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #37
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS

6th line. 42 inches. Amare can clearly jump higher than Dwight. Amare is quicker than Dwight. Amare is more athletic than Dwight.

Lakers fan here.
I don't care about paper, I've seen both. Amare is taller (in truth, Dwight is not more than 6' 9" barefoot to me) but still Howard plays as big as Stoudamire.
So I'll give the "most athletic" tag to Howard.
For what I've seen, the most talented of the two is Amare anyway, which makes him the better plyer right now.
But Dwight has room to improve and make a challange.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: