Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default another idea for the 15th roster spot....

I know we all hope Drew comes back 100%......if he does, we have
lots of bigs.....

But losing Critt left us a bit thin at PG.... ISH lists the following
FA PGs:

FREE AGENT POINT GUARDS
Troy Hudson, Andre Barrett, Gary Payton, Randy Livingston, Orien Greene, Eddie Gill, Guillermo Diaz, Darius Washington, Dee Brown, Jay Williams, Corey Williams, Frank Williams, Gerry McNamara, Yuta Tabuse, Mateen Cleaves, Troy Bell, Moochie Norris.

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: another idea for the 15th roster spot....

Critt was barely getting a minute or two. I dont feel like he left us anything. Kobe is ditributing the ball well(when he is not scoring). We have big men good passers Pau, Lamar, Drew. And two true PGs. I do not think any of the guards on the list are skilled enough to be on the current Lakers team.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

I actually agree with mmfan. I think we should pick up a guard. We can't just live on Fish/Farmar.

I was thinking of Payton as a possibility but I was just reminded of his attitude issues about playing time. So nevermind about him.. we dont need p%$$ies, excuse my French.

Jay Will might not be a bad choice? He was an ok backup when he was playing. We don't really need an excellent player, just a guy who can control the tempo of the game and is a good decision maker.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sasha can playpoint in the triangle if needed... he's had time at that spot.... plas he knows the system..the only guy on that list that would pick up the tri is peyton and i think he's retired...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
sasha can playpoint in the triangle if needed... he's had time at that spot.... plas he knows the system..the only guy on that list that would pick up the tri is peyton and i think he's retired...lol
Co-sign. Besides last time i saw him playing he was wack.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

another thing to remeber guys when it comes to filling the roster spot.. they only can take 12 players to the playoffs so it's not even likely anyone they do pick up is going to make the roster unless they really show themselves to be a worthwhile addition and at this time of the season, anyone coming in that doesn't know the system hands down is not even going to get playing time
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
another thing to remeber guys when it comes to filling the roster spot.. they only can take 12 players to the playoffs so it's not even likely anyone they do pick up is going to make the roster unless they really show themselves to be a worthwhile addition and at this time of the season, anyone coming in that doesn't know the system hands down is not even going to get playing time

GTS all 15 are eligible, when they got rid of the injured list they made all 15 eligible.

Lakerfreak, Socal can you find the post I did on that with the link to the source?
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nevermind, I found it

Increase in Playoff Roster Size:

Playoff roster size will be expanded from 13 to 15 players, with each team designating 12 active players and up to three inactive players prior to each game.

http://www.nba.com/news/rulechanges_060802.html
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: