Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #76
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Article: Odom is sad and hurting; really wants to be a Laker for life

As I said all along, smart people will see what's up.
I might irritate some of you. You may irritate me.

My attitude may be irritating. What I find irritating about some of you folks is that I suspect there huge gaps in your knowledge of basketball which isn't a bad thing because not everyone can be an Einstein but remember, you started calling me out first. You drew the first blood. Despite the lack of knowledge I sense a serious amount of homerism.
I tolerated you folks until you started calling me out because of our disagreements.

You folks started it first. Calling me a moron, a retard etc for not agreeing with you.

Here's a nice thread that proves my point

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37647

Some of you came out of the blue just to insult me, not discuss the post.

And from that moment on, it turned into what it is right now.

We're different people, too. Guess that adds to it.

You folks are mostly old timers, chilled, relaxed and all that while have the street hunger
Seriously, I hope you see what I mean..

So after disagreements and all that, it was only natural that we'd start insulting each other.

The person who deserves the most blame for that is me because I get irritated by people who I consider homers and some of you take the cake there but just for the record, I wanted to be nice to everyone here and not insult anyone and it was all well until that Oscar Robertson thread.

You folks started it, at least admit that.

As for oru basketball knowledge, I'm not the one who acts humble.
I know I'm way above you. Not a diss or anything. Just what I consider to be the fact.

And smart people can recognize that
And they have.

Last edited by OneWay : 05-03-2007 at 05:46 PM.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #77
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Article: Odom is sad and hurting; really wants to be a Laker for life

ok one way let me point some things out to you, read my responses and try and really take them to heart, you don't have to agree but do try and understand...please...

Quote:
As I said all along, smart people will see what's up
your opening statment places your readers in a position that says, "i'm better than you. if you don't agree your not smart"
Quote:
What I find irritating about some of you folks is that I suspect there huge gaps in your knowledge of basketball which isn't a bad thing because not everyone can be an Einstein
once again you insult peoples intelligence, your assuming that because someone may disagree with you that they have huge gaps in their knowledge, and your irratated by their lack of knowledge

Quote:
You folks are mostly old timers, chilled, relaxed and all that while have the street hunger
the second you assume a person who is older than you is not as hungry as you your doomed to fail... ask george foreman

Quote:
As for oru basketball knowledge, I'm not the one who acts humble.
I know I'm way above you. Not a diss or anything. Just what I consider to be the fact.

And smart people can recognize that
And they have.
you have once again insulted your reader, no where have you shown you have any respect for anyone but those who agree with you...

oneway i have no idea how old you are, but i can tell you something, that promoting yourself as the smartest person around may be the dumbest thing a person can do.... a trully intelligent person knows they have much more to learn only a idiot thinks they know everything....

i work in an industry where technology changes at the speed of light and if we don't constantly adapt and keep searching for answers we are on the back row... i have seen so many kids fresh out of school with their engineering degrees fail because they fail to realize that the education they have is not the final answer... on another front i have told a kid i was working with that if he kept it up and didn't listen he was going to hurt himself, he kept it up, i walked away and the following day another instructor called up and said the kid had smoked it into the wall and was paralyzed from the waist down... sometimes it really sucks to be right too...so anyways just think about it and understand that your opinions are not any better or worse than the next persons...

Last edited by gts : 05-03-2007 at 06:20 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #78
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay

Here's a nice thread that proves my point

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37647

I don't doubt it, but honestly I wasn't up for reading the whole thread.

Heres what I got out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Hey, check out this word.

t i t s
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #79
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nicely said gts...

I will point out that the thread that Soccer, OneWay, etc., was one that is clearly out of line from a timeline example.

If one were to go back further, even before the Soccer screen name, one would see that his track record of behavior was consistently violating forum guidelines.

I remember when I first met ManUtd and I thought he was cool and one of the guys (or gals). He had some good points and even reminded me of my dad. We even joked about it a bit in the forum. Then the first melt down that I noticed came and with it came insults and rude behavior. Needless to say, ManUtd was banned by his behavior in the main forum.

So, this Rambo BS of "you drew first blood, not me" is just not true. You have been violating forum guidelines for reasonable behavior consitently and pretty much daily.

I have no issues personally in someone expressing their thoughts and ideas for debate. I have no issues with someone being passionate about what they believe. I do have issues with others trying to suppress my opinions and getting personal and questioning my intelligence. I do have issues with people being rude and violating forum guidelines.

I have never personally professed to know everything about basketball. THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I PARTICIPATE HERE! I engage, I read, I debate and I learn. The old saying "a mind must be like a parchute... it has to be open to work" definitely applies. Anyone who thinks they know it all is just a punk and immature.

This is the last I am going to say about it. I am disappointed it has gotten this bad and gone this far. I am disappointed that we are wasting our time talking about this person's behavior rather than talking about the Lakers, basketball, and the future for our team.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #80
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devientz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOJs_3SvsmM

Nothing to do with basketball but seems to fit the situation pretty well

ha ha. good one. very appropriate.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #81
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
honestly, OneWay (aka socce10, etc) has provided life to this forum with the exception what people may find offending. I find that his posts usually spark arguments, no? His posts are usually coherent and make perfect sense...even if you don't agree with them, you'll still see where hes coming from.

I agree that any insults out there aren't warranted because we never had that on these forums unless its from DLakerfan or something

Just my two cents.

Now let me get what people are going at...OneWay's posts and opinions are appreciated but his behavior isn't?

Posts in this thread will be deleted in time

he's a rude a-hole. there are lots of people w b-ball knowledge. so what! that doesn't excuse being an a-hole. not sure exactly what your role is as mod, but I assumed it was, in part, moderating rude behavior. he keeps getting banned in the main forum. for good reason.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #82
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't believe any poster should be banned for talking in a rude way...I believe it's something we should just adapt to. He makes very good points and it's hard finding fans like him that post with such knowledge.

the point is his posts aren't worthless.

and none of us should leave just because he posts.

are you planning to spend your life adapting to a-holes?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #83
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I just won't bother to participate here anymore. If thats what the mods embrace, then so be it.

agreed. if the mods don't do anything about it, then I can just listen to that kind of garbage in the main forum or other sites.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #84
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
he's a rude a-hole..

Make that a rude - more knowledgable than you - a hole.
Thank you. Don't sell me short, dude.

Oh and there's no reason to ban me here. You don't just ban people because they're rude, come on now

I got banned from the main forum for name calling. I stop the name calling and what can you do, ban me for being rude? Well, give it a shot

Your sincerely

Far more knowledgable than you, rude a hole.

You're welcome.

And you can what? Until you deserve my respect.....absolutley nothing.
So start earning it.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #85
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Make that a rude - more knowledgable than you - a hole.
Thank you. Don't sell me short, dude.

Oh and there's no reason to ban me here. You don't just ban people because they're rude, come on now

I got banned from the main forum for name calling. I stop the name calling and what can you do, ban me for being rude? Well, give it a shot

Your sincerely

Far more knowledgable than you, rude a hole.

You're welcome.

And you can what? Until you deserve my respect.....absolutley nothing.
So start earning it.

True in life, and true in forums:
You can be the most knowledgable person in the world but nobody is going to listen to you if you treat them like crap.
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #86
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
are you planning to spend your life adapting to a-holes?

Who said he was an ass-hole?

I think it's just that he's more blunt than anything.

SoCalMike, leaving this site would be pointless...Don't leave just because of one guy. if you don't want to hear him just simply ignore his posts.

Letting people leave these sites is a big loss. We don't need any more fueds as we already have Phil vs Shaq now.

If we all read in between OneWay's lines and just look for what he's trying to say about bball, we will find that he truly is one of the better posters here. I don't want to lose anyone.

BleedinPurple, If there are several other people with basketball knowledge, please name them as all I see that are knowledgable are the "core-group" in here. All the newbies usually suck.

C'mon we have better things to worry about than just one poster, who IMO, is doing just fine in here.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #87
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Your loss. You"ll be missing more knowledge than you can handle. Sad, isn't it?
Oh well now, don't cry, it's all fine and dandy, some guy jokes will make you feel better, no? Did you know that guys like cars? Hahaha.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #88
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Who said he was an ass-hole?

I think it's just that he's more blunt than anything.

SoCalMike, leaving this site would be pointless...Don't leave just because of one guy. if you don't want to hear him just simply ignore his posts.

Letting people leave these sites is a big loss. We don't need any more fueds as we already have Phil vs Shaq now.

If we all read in between OneWay's lines and just look for what he's trying to say about bball, we will find that he truly is one of the better posters here. I don't want to lose anyone.

BleedinPurple, If there are several other people with basketball knowledge, please name them as all I see that are knowledgable are the "core-group" in here. All the newbies usually suck.

C'mon we have better things to worry about than just one poster, who IMO, is doing just fine in here.

For the record LF, i think that that's a really good attitude.

Props
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: