Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default OKC vs Cavs finals

On Paper, they seem to be the favorite. They are stacked and I think the Spurs run will be done after two seasons going deep in the playoffs. Remember Ibaka missed two games. If they got knocked out before the finals KD/LJ need heavy criticism.

Default Re: OKC vs Cavs finals

Ive said this before... Holy shit I'll feel bad for the media covering the finals. Cleveland and OKC? Mind as well just flip a coin for the finals.

You only "need" heavy criticism if you underperform yourself. If you drop 30/10/5 (made up) on high efficiency then you probably did your job and lost to a better team. It's stupid how people blame stars just because they dont win. Shit happens.

That said these teams need to win at least one title if they stay healthy.

NBA Superstar

Bulls/OKC would be the best matchup IMO (The Bulls actually play defense), but I don't think the NBA is going to allow any matchup other than the Cavs vs OKC.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Bulls/OKC would be the best matchup IMO (The Bulls actually play defense), but I don't think the NBA is going to allow any matchup other than the Cavs vs OKC.
    How do you know the Cavs won't play defense?

What people don't seem to understand about the spurs... Is that as their core continues to get older.. Their young players continue to make improvements as they gain more experience.

Like last year.. Anything they lost by having Manu, Parker and Duncan a year older, they gained with an improved Kawhi, Green, Patty and Splitter.

So it's not like every year they get older, suddenly they're getting worse

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    How do you know the Cavs won't play defense?
    Look at their roster.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Look at their roster.

Lebron, Marion, Andy, and TT are all good defenders.

But help defense systems really minimize individual players' defensive weaknesses.

Waiters is a good defender when he's dialed in and wants to play D.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Lebron, Marion, Andy, and TT are all good defenders.

But help defense systems really minimize individual players' defensive weaknesses.

Waiters is a good defender when he's dialed in and wants to play D.
    You've named like 4 guys who are "good" defenders. If I was to name every "good" defender on OKC, It'd be

Westbrook
    Roberson
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins
    Jackson
    PJ3
    Adams

All of those guys have some sort of elite athleticism and/or elite length that they are working with and also have stats showing that they are "good" individual defenders.

Marion is old as hell, he's not going to be reliable on that end.
    LeBron last year played some of the laziest criticism free defense that I've ever seen.
    And Varejao is always an injury risk.

Cleveland won't be a great defensive team no matter how much Cavs fans try to act like it isn't a problem. You guys will do fine in the East vs shit offenses every night, but the other contenders (Bulls, Spurs, OKC), are all miles better defensively than your team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Ive said this before... Holy shit I'll feel bad for the media covering the finals.
    No you don't.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

You've named like 4 guys who are "good" defenders. If I was to name every "good" defender on OKC, It'd be

Westbrook
    Roberson
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins
    Jackson
    PJ3
    Adams

All of those guys have some sort of elite athleticism and/or elite length that they are working with and also have stats showing that they are "good" individual defenders.

Marion is old as hell, he's not going to be reliable on that end.
    LeBron last year played some of the laziest criticism free defense that I've ever seen.
    And Varejao is always an injury risk.

Cleveland won't be a great defensive team no matter how much Cavs fans try to act like it isn't a problem. You guys will do fine in the East vs shit offenses every night, but the other contenders (Bulls, Spurs, OKC), are all miles better defensively than your team is.

i agree in the sense that those teams all play in well established defensive systems that have been around for a while.

Blatt is a wildcard. Americans hear he's an offensive guy. Europeans say he's really a defensive coach. Regardless, i agree with you that it's going to take TIME for the cavs to really gel and start playing good team ball.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i agree in the sense that those teams all play in well established defensive systems that have been around for a while.

Blatt is a wildcard. Americans hear he's an offensive guy. Europeans say he's really a defensive coach. Regardless, i agree with you that it's going to take TIME for the cavs to really gel and start playing good team ball.
    Yeah, I'm not trying to shit on the Cavaliers either, I just feel like that side of the ball can't be ignored.

You guys should have a leg up on every other contender offensively, I'm just saying in a H2H matchup, that won't matter if you CAN'T defend them and they CAN defend you

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Cleveland and Oklahoma.

LMFAO at that city matchup. No offense to residents. Really no disrespect. But wow.

Now, Chicago and let's say.......Houston? Ratings galore and media hype out the ying yang.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Cavs in 5.

Banned

Considering Bran owns KD soul as long as Cavs can get to play OKC instead of the Spurs, its an automatic championship