Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Just watched Blade Runner for the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    Awesome movie, I just recently watched it all the way through myself. Deckard is soooo a replicant.

Why do people think this? I mean there were suspicions here and there, but nothing in the movie EVER really indicated anything like that.

Man, sci fi movies from the 80s, were thee fu*king best.

Back before this era of overly CGI mish mash, movies were just more charming, and endearing.

Movies LOOK better now, but something about them strikes me as being so cold, and corporate.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I have not seen it either.....and my favorite decade for movies is the 80s!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Man, sci fi movies from the 80s, were thee fu*king best.

Back before this era of overly CGI mish mash, movies were just more charming, and endearing.

Movies LOOK better now, but something about them strikes me as being so cold, and corporate.
    I'm a big time movie junky and I agree. You don't get as into movies or as attached to movies nowadays. I still have genres I like.. such as comedy and superhero films and recent years but nothing compares to the classic 80's and 90's movies for me. Even the horror movies back then were 10 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Even the horror movies back then were 10 times better.

Have you seen Suspiria?

Have you seen Suspiria?
    Nope. I just pulled it up on IMDB though and it has a pretty good rating. Did you see it in the instant queue or is it just something I need to see?

Nope. I just pulled it up on IMDB though and it has a pretty good rating. Did you see it in the instant queue or is it just something I need to see? I'm a big fan of comedy, fantasy, sci fi, horror/suspense thrillers, action and adventure. So basically like everything .

I saw it awhile back after a friend told me about it.

Its an older horror movie (70s) so it will look absolutely dated, but its filmed pretty stylishly, and the atmosphere set in the film is good. The pacing can be a bit slow, but if you like horror/suspense/thriller films, then this should be good.

Think Rosemary's Baby.

Its on Netflix.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I believe Suspiria is an Italian film by either Fulci or Argento....eventhough Suspiria is not one, these guys did a few zombie movies during the zombie craze of the 70s trying to capitalize on the success of Dawn of the Dead here in the states.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 04-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.

I saw it awhile back after a friend told me about it.

Its an older horror movie (70s) so it will look absolutely dated, but its filmed pretty stylishly, and the atmosphere set in the film is good. The pacing can be a bit slow, but if you like horror/suspense/thriller films, then this should be good.

Think Rosemary's Baby.

Its on Netflix.

Filming style and time period is the same as The Exorcist and the Omen so I'll be fine. Those are my favorite horror films. Dude I still haven't seen Rosemary's. Suspiria or Rosemary's scarier? Aww man. Rosemary's isn't in queue anymore! Should of watched it when it was.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 04-01-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I believe Suspiria is an Italian film by either Fulci or Argento....eventhough Suspiria is one, these guys did a few zombie movies during the zombie craze of the 70s trying to capitalize on the success of Dawn of the Dead here in the states.

Its Argento. I didnt think I'd like it, but the creepy mood music, plus the way it was filmed....to be honest, it creeped me out during a few scenes considering the subject matter of "witches" isnt that scary in general. Just love the way the director laid out several scenes, and the backgrounds. Awesome stuff.

The theme music is one of the best ive ever heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaCAIxSk4

Filming style and time period is the same as The Exorcist and the Omen so I'll be fine. Those are my favorite horror films. Dude I still haven't seen Rosemary's. Suspiria or Rosemary's scarier?

Thats a hard one...for me, Rosemary's was "scarier" and Suspiria was "creepier" if that makes any sense?

i liked it but i thought it was getting overrated over the years. its not really a cult favorite. nor does it deserve to be. theres still many flaws like the ending where ford doesnt even say one word in the exchange. plus its very slow moving and is supposed to immerse the audience into the background but i found the background to be very boring. it wasnt ahead of its time. it was just perfectly acceptable for the 80s.

Have you seen "The Ninth Gate" with Johnny Depp? Another great but more modern film of this genre. Also a similar one is the one Arnold does. Where that demon chick is after him the whole movie or w/e. Devil's Advocate too. Have any of you seen Hideaway with Jeff Goldblum? It looks good.

Thats a hard one...for me, Rosemary's was "scarier" and Suspiria was "creepier" if that makes any sense?
    Makes perfect sense. It's like the difference between a horror film and a thriller/suspense etc.

Blu Ray

Its Argento. I didnt think I'd like it, but the creepy mood music, plus the way it was filmed....to be honest, it creeped me out during a few scenes considering the subject matter of "witches" isnt that scary in general. Just love the way the director laid out several scenes, and the backgrounds. Awesome stuff.

The theme music is one of the best ive ever heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaCAIxSk4
    You should look into Argento's entire filmography if you liked Suspiria, his style is universal throughout his career, although Suspiria's sound effects and music were better than anything he ever did.

Just like to point out that the 5 disc Blade Runner Blu Ray is probably the greatest BD deal ever, only $30.00 for something that's easily worth over $100.