Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default PHIL JACKSON calls "basket interference" on Gasol after game 2 controversy...

Jackson couldn't recall a game ending on a goaltending call, but felt this one should have.

He was asked if the correct call was made.

"According to the rules, it was not," he said. "It wasn't made."
    The NBA says the no call was correct:

However, the NBA said Bernie Fryer, the league's vice president and director of officials, confirmed the call on the court was correct and there was no goaltending.
    The actual rule states:
    Rule No. 11, section I-A (i) of the NBA rules says a player shall not "vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce."

So, did Gasol cause the rim to shake enough to make the ball have an unnatural bounce? Should the Magic be up 2-1 in this series right now (Watch the blue reflection)?

LINK: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4246830

Default Re: Kobe Bryant chokes in the NBA Finals again

Quote Originally Posted by don juan de marco
    I cant lie Roy is good. Its just that we dont really see many Blazer games unless they play the lakers. But in the game Roy couldnt do no wrong
    Forget this sh*t. I should have my 360 back by monday if UPS delivers on time. I'm going to send you an invite then, my blazers vs current Lakers. It's already over.

Going to abuse you with Aldridge in the post. You try and stop that, I know how to shoot 3's with Rudy and Outlaw now. Outlaw doesn't miss.

You some how figure out how to shut that down, I got Roy to tear Kobe apart on the other side of the court. Watch out next week. Don't get scared.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 3

Fatal9 of all people *****ing about petty agendas and trolls

He becomes even more oblivious than usual after a poor game by his hero.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: Brown and Sasha need to play over Watlon and Farmar

Sasha enters the game with one only job: make open shots. And he has not been able to make them, which makes him completely useless.
    I'd put Brown at the 2 instead of giving minutes to that Euro scub.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't remember you doing likewise when LeBron was having a difficult Game 6.
    Um, you really want me to dig up posts of me calling him the best, blaming the Cavs for lack of support, etc etc in the game threads? I was making posts to calm down all the fans (indian_guy big example) who were trying to pretend he played well every game or that he had a series to compare with Jordan's best.

at your discreet trolling. Very subtle but it's been exposed in the last couple of days.

Also, at the trolls trying to turn me into some sort of a Kobe fan.

Da Mavs

Shard gets paid $118 million, and he's wearing the same shirt from last postgame

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justin43
    Is this just going to be a "Jump on Kobe for having a Bad game" thread or a post-game discussion thread?

Lakers had a free throw percentage of 61.5% while the Magic shot 75% at the lane. In addition, the Magic shot 62.5% from the field while the Lakers shot only 51.3% from the field. The Magic only won by four points(2 really since the game was over then, but Crawford continue the game). If I try to look at turnovers, both teams have 13 turnovers and 10 fast break points. The Lakers have the advantage at the paint 40 to 36.
    @Butters
    I wouldn't be so quick to think that the Magic can win three games at home after looking at these stats.

Default Re: PHIL JACKSON calls "basket interference" on Gasol after game 2 controversy...

We would need another angle to tell. It doesn't look like Pau grabbing the net made the backboard shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    lakers will NOT lose 3 in a row ....i can bet on that
    True. Thurs is a must win for Orlando too. They go down 3-1 and have to win 3 straight, forget it. Its as good as over.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: PHIL JACKSON calls "basket interference" on Gasol after game 2 controversy...

the answer is in your post. there was no "unnatural bounce"

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I definitely agree about Brown, since I think that Farmar has been in a slump pretty much since he got hurt. Vujacic over Walton is more debatable, though, since Sasha doesn't seem to contribute much when he's not hitting his shots. Vujacic is definitely the better player, but I would favor Walton with his size and experience to guard Turkoglu. I guess it comes down to a question of floor spacing vs defense.

Who's Watlon?

Decent playground baller Thom.Yorke's Avatar

kobe cost us the game, to be honest.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer. LA struggling against them, they might be down 2-1 if it were for Lee missing a lay up.

lol why people keep bringing up that lee play? the point is that he choked just like kobe was choking tonight. We can also say what if the refs would of called goal tending in the first quarter on howard when his hand was in the rim. i still blame this lost on Luke Walton the cancer. well sasha too. when was the last time sasha made a shot? why is Luke even in the NBA is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    lakers will NOT lose 3 in a row ....i can bet on that
    The Lakers are yet to lose back to back games in the playoffs...they always bounce back from tough losses. I have a good feeling about game 4, the Lakers will be ready.