Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #31
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation
Default Re: RIP Hamilton vs Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWN Tommie Style
what will happen next year when we don't have a SG because we traded Rip and AI doesn't stay (which he won't). You people are so short minded.

Arron Afflalo will start and we will have the best defensive backcourt in the league?
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #32
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2whoa
Arron Afflalo will start and we will have the best defensive backcourt in the league?

I like what Afflalo has done. He's gotten better every year. The problem is we aren't going to win a championship with him starting at this point in his career. You could put him on any of the other elite teams in the league and he wouldn't start.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #33
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWN Tommie Style
All you people who want to jump the gun and trade Rip, You all are silly as hell, really. what will happen next year when we don't have a SG because we traded Rip and AI doesn't stay (which he won't). You people are so short minded.

Look, if they happen to go far this year, its basically house money. AI NEEDS to go to the bench for the simple fact that HE WON'T BE HERE NEXT YEAR!! Why ruin even more the chemistry of the Starting line up with a Part-Time Piston?

In summary, AI WILL NOT BE HERE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

There is a good chance he won't be here next year. Maybe behind the scenes it's even understood. The biggest advantage of Detroit making that trade was the cap space they get when his contract drops off. Rip is 3 years younger than AI. He has a championship ring. He's taller than 6'. He understands the team game and he can play defense. He's done so much for Detroit over the years it's a bit sad that people are turning their backs on him for a player that hasn't proved anything in Detroit yet besides helping us have our first mediocre season in years. I like AI, the problem is we have a huge issue in the back court. I think the best long term solution is to keep Rip.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #34
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I like what Afflalo has done. He's gotten better every year. The problem is we aren't going to win a championship with him starting at this point in his career. You could put him on any of the other elite teams in the league and he wouldn't start.

Not at this point. We're talking next year, which he will assuredly be better according to both of us. I think he would accept the challenge of starting and not disappoint. We're talkin' bout the kid who lead UCLA to the final four multiple times in his career there. I honestly think Arron will end up being more successful than Rodney Stuckey (picking the two because their around the same age and got drafted same year). I think Rodney's good, but I don't know how much better he'll get. Nobody has seen what Arron can do yet, but I'm waiting for the day that he shows them.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #35
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
There is a good chance he won't be here next year. Maybe behind the scenes it's even understood. The biggest advantage of Detroit making that trade was the cap space they get when his contract drops off. Rip is 3 years younger than AI. He has a championship ring. He's taller than 6'. He understands the team game and he can play defense. He's done so much for Detroit over the years it's a bit sad that people are turning their backs on him for a player that hasn't proved anything in Detroit yet besides helping us have our first mediocre season in years. I like AI, the problem is we have a huge issue in the back court. I think the best long term solution is to keep Rip.

How about before dumping AI give him the chance to be AI and see where we go??? He is having his worst career individual performance. Either he is finished or not being given the true chance.

RIP having A ring doesnt make him any better. He won as number option what??? There is no comparion AI VS RIP, AI is easily the better player.

AI is after a ring, hence why he said he would go to the bench if curry asked him. What did RIP say? " that aint happening" .. RIP is after fame, AI is after a ring. Who would you take?
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #36
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

So? We all see the game tonight?
I'd think a few opinions out their may have changed.

I no longer have a doubt. I think Rip would be best on the bench. He's simply dominate out their with our second unit (0 stat line for Arron) and I think he likes putting up those crazy numbers. Allen Iverson knows when he needs to be "The Answer" and when he needs to spread the love ;)

Watch out world. If we get this figured out and everybody is happy with it I think the Pistons are back to being their ECF selves again.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #37
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

I don't even care about 2010, we won't land a big name anyway.

I miss Billups and his terrible contract .
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #38
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

So, Rip it is. I'm pretty happy with this decision, but we'll see how it pans out.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #39
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Good news. Curry said this will be no experiment but for the rest of the year...
Still RIP is going to play 30 minutes..Should AI play around 30 as well That means they will play together somewhere..
plus who will finish in the 4th?

I also think this came late, team dropped so many games and lost homecourt advantage to orlando/cavs..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: