Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let's go ahead and pump the breaks on the overrating of Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    Durant's TS% is only 55% and the Thunder are winning without him. Westbrook is better than KD.

Banned

Default Re: Did anyone just see what Blake Griffin Just Did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Without Griffin, this game wouldn't even have been close.
    no. his inability to stop amare is what lost the game, gallo was huge too, but if he held amare to 20 they win. i don't care if he wasn't guarding him, he has to either be great on the help defense or ask coach to guard him. not to mention the stupid fouls, like the one on gallinari from three. he was spectacular on the offensive end, but it doesn't excuse the lack of defense.

Default Re: Let's go ahead and pump the breaks on the overrating of Blake Griffin

stats can be misleading, if you could try thinking outside of the box. amare was his team's third option, playing behind marion (21.2 ppg) and starbury (22.3 ppg, 8.1 apg). data without context is unfounded.

and it's not as if griffin's stats can't get better as the season progresses. that's the tendency with rooks from what I've noticed.

Good High School Starter kabalcage's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301103012

Thunder 92 Clippers 107

Griffin 18-9 vs Durant 16-6 w/ 6 turnovers on 6/24 shooting.

Good college starter

Default Re: Blake Griffin putting on a dunking CLINIC against Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    Griffin over Gallo dunk of the year so far.
    Griffin over Mozgov runner up, both from the same game
    You got those backwards. That Mozgov dunk was the first of it's kind in a real game. He just jumped straight upand remote dunked it.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    I wouldn't say "huge", but his 7 missed FTs didn't help. Clippers defense looks pathetic. Are they even playing on that end anymore?
    I'd say his 43 points was enough. The rest of that team is garbage. Awful shot selections, too many fouls. Blake is allowed to miss 7 FT's if this is his rookie season and he put up 40+

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    lets go ahead and ignore this thread, because you ******s who bothered reading it will be wasting your time.

/thread, if there is another post it better be from joyner.
    you guys disappoint the **** outta me. can we get it right this time?

no. his inability to stop amare is what lost the game, gallo was huge too, but if he held amare to 20 they win. i don't care if he wasn't guarding him, he has to either be great on the help defense or ask coach to guard him. not to mention the stupid fouls, like the one on gallinari from three. he was spectacular on the offensive end, but it doesn't excuse the lack of defense.
    Oh cmon, this is his first year of play. Just be glad Clipper games are worth watching now

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    Durant's TS% is only 55% and the Thunder are winning without him. Westbrook is better than KD.
    AGREED!

griffin still sucks and will become the iverson of PF's

people become enamored with his flashy play despite the fact he isn't near the player he is thought to be playing no defense and being extremely inefficient

Blake Griffin is going to save the league. There hasn't been an exciting player like him for a while. He needs to leave the Clippers though unless they get better.

The Clippers defense in general was terrible. And I don't think it's fair to blame Griffin for not stopping Amare b/c Amare is a beast when he wants to be. This is the same guy that averaged close to 40 points against a prime Tim Duncan in the playoffs. It's unrealistic to expect a rookie big man to stop Amare especially when Cook and Jordan were covering him mos of the time....

NBA lottery pick

How can you be a guard in this league and not know how to run the pick n' roll? Eric Gordon is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Quata
    he has springs in his shoes!

listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kVVV-I2stk 0.03-0.05 sounds like hes jumping off a springboard.
    The referee jizzed himself at 0:29

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Oh cmon, this is his first year of play. Just be glad Clipper games are worth watching now
    they just lost to the knicks. that shit is inexcusable. the knicks shot 60 free throws. gallinari had the best game of his career. brian cook PLAYED, he didn't just play he PLAYED 20+ MINUTES. craig smith didn't play a second. it was a nice game from the beast griffin and he will be special, but everyone already knew that this didn't prove anything to me. i was way more impressed 2 years ago when i saw gordon drop 41 on the thunder in a win while out dueling durant, but most people didn't watch that because it didn't involve poster dunks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    The Clippers defense in general was terrible. And I don't think it's fair to blame Griffin for not stopping Amare b/c Amare is a beast when he wants to be. This is the same guy that averaged close to 40 points against a prime Tim Duncan in the playoffs. It's unrealistic to expect a rookie big man to stop Amare especially when Cook and Jordan were covering him mos of the time....
    its a team game, cook sucks obviously so griffin couldn't help that, but griffin and jordan spent equal time on him and neither could stop him. this is amare one on one too, not amare off pick n rolls with nash. theres no excuse and im not blaming griffin completely, but he is a part of the problem, and if amare stoudemire is scoring close to 40 on your team coming almost completely on isolation plays, thats a joke.