Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Who is the best basketball player you've played against?

- Wilson Chandler
    - Will Bynum
    - Deron Williams
    - Bracey Wright

Very good NBA starter

eddie house. game was up to 32 points. i think he scored like 26 of those on my ass. actually, i remember we had double and triple on him, but he just ran everywhere and anywhere he wanted to.

My Cousin from Chicago.

It goes to show you how good the average NBA player is, especially guards 6'3" and up. The average joe 6'3" and up is usually slow, uncoordinated, clumsy and can't dribble that well. I remember playing 5 on 5 at Venice Beach and there was this 5'9" guy that played professionally overseas and told us there is no chance he would make it in the NBA. Granted it's Venice Beach so everyone that was playing was good and me being 6'1", that guy and some other guy were the only 2 people that were shorter than me. I was able to get by because I can shoot out to 30 feet. That guy in traffic would grab the rebound and go coast to coast out running everyone for a wide open dunk. We needed people to cherry pick on defense but he would still either go around them, dunk on them or just pull up and hit a 20 footer EVERY TIME. On defense, the guy would pick the ball off no matter how good the ball handlers were. I remember I thought I had a wide open 3 pointer and despite me having a fairly quick release and had height on him, the mfer would still run up and block my shot despite being over 5 feet away from me. When you get destroyed by an undersized guard who apparently has mediocre to average athleticism that can't make an NBA roster, it goes to show how good an average NBA player is. Imagine a 6'10" Kevin Durant who has range, can dribble like a guard and can elevate. It would be impossible to get one point off him in a game of 1 on 1 to 50. It goes to show how incridibly skilled Earl Boykins or JJ Barea are.

In HS I played against a couple of guys that went on to play in the Big 10.

I played against Scoonie Penn and some of his teammates as well as Germaine Tate and some U of Cincy guys.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Nick calathas
    joey rodriguez
    chandler parsons
    majic dorsey

and the best
    Theron Smith
    Last edited by HylianNightmare; 07-27-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Someone you most likely don't know.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    . It goes to show how incridibly skilled Earl Boykins or JJ Barea are.

this, i used to think i was quick with handles and shit but after seeing Dleague players just completely dominate people and then tell me they never could've made it to the NBA is just frighting

Best...and none will believe this, but I couldn't care less...Pistol Pete Maravich.

Worked as a counselor at the Press & Pete Maravich All Star Basketball Camp (his Dad and college coach) in Pennsylvania. Counselors got to play with pro/college guys each evening. The most incredible experience in my sports life.

Biggest and scariest? Daryl Dawkins in a pickup game at Camden County Community College in NJ. His brother Mitchell went there. I half-blocked his shot (he was toying with us college players), which prompted him to dunk me half way through the rim the next time down.

Yes, I am really old. But I was really good.
    Last edited by JMT; 07-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore shole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    - Bracey Wright
    I played against Bracey Wright couple years back, he is cold. He had like 25 on us, I only guarded him for 2 or 3 posessions, gotta say dude is a beast.

I played against Peja Stojakovic a little bit in practice when I got invited to fill in a spot in practice for a national team, he was around his peak and he was so much better then everybody. I remember he played 1 on 1 with Vujanic who was Euroleague MVP and killed him 21-2, it was stupid. We had some shooting workouts together, he would just go and miss like every 20th or 30th shot he put up, stupid. That dude when he was younger was working his ass off to shoot like that, he was on court all day making shots and shots.

A lot of really good players I played agains, but I gotta say, the toughest man to guard for me was Tyrone Nesby, some of you may remember him from Clippers, he was averaging 13ppg one year, I was still young when he was on my team for three months, I was 20, there was nothing I could do against him. He was 6'7'', 240, jumping out of the gym, and knocking down every retarded MJ-like fadeaway. It was a good experience though.

Oh, and I kinda played against Kobe.

Haha, but seriously, when I was 15, in 1999., I was in Berlin working out with Alba junior team, and Kobe was there shooting an Adidas commercial,
    they had a shooting on the same court right after our practice, we were all mesmerized but me and one other dude asked them to let us stay and watch, it was unreal to see him live then, he was still young and he was all about flash and creativity, he was just messing around with the ball all the time, making circus shots, dunkin 360s from the spot with ease and just havin fun. When they had a break we went there for autographs and my dude took an autograph and I asked him to play me and he laughed so we did a little 1 on 1 back to the basket for like a minut and a half and he let me score once, missed a couple lefty fadeaways and dunked the shit out of that ball and left. I didnt even get him to sign my shirt.

So yeah I kinda played against Kobe.

verylegit
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by shole
    I played against Bracey Wright couple years back, he is cold. He had like 25 on us, I only guarded him for 2 or 3 posessions, gotta say dude is a beast.

I played against Peja Stojakovic a little bit in practice when I got invited to fill in a spot in practice for a national team, he was around his peak and he was so much better then everybody. I remember he played 1 on 1 with Vujanic who was Euroleague MVP and killed him 21-2, it was stupid. We had some shooting workouts together, he would just go and miss like every 20th or 30th shot he put up, stupid. That dude when he was younger was working his ass off to shoot like that, he was on court all day making shots and shots.

A lot of really good players I played agains, but I gotta say, the toughest man to guard for me was Tyrone Nesby, some of you may remember him from Clippers, he was averaging 13ppg one year, I was still young when he was on my team for three months, I was 20, there was nothing I could do against him. He was 6'7'', 240, jumping out of the gym, and knocking down every retarded MJ-like fadeaway. It was a good experience though.

Oh, and I kinda played against Kobe.

Haha, but seriously, when I was 15, in 1999., I was in Berlin working out with Alba junior team, and Kobe was there shooting an Adidas commercial,
    they had a shooting on the same court right after our practice, we were all mesmerized but me and one other dude asked them to let us stay and watch, it was unreal to see him live then, he was still young and he was all about flash and creativity, he was just messing around with the ball all the time, making circus shots, dunkin 360s from the spot with ease and just havin fun. When they had a break we went there for autographs and my dude took an autograph and I asked him to play me and he laughed so we did a little 1 on 1 back to the basket for like a minut and a half and he let me score once, missed a couple lefty fadeaways and dunked the shit out of that ball and left. I didnt even get him to sign my shirt.

So yeah I kinda played against Kobe.

Blu Ray

Pat Bradley. Set numerous Arkansas and NCAA three point shooting records. Averaged 46 ppg in high school. Guy was overweight and out of shape calling his shots from 30 feet out. Think of a chubby Jimmer.

Michael Beasley
    (u mad OIAD )

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Aussie Outcast's Avatar

Best would probably be George Hill when he came over here last year. Only in scrimmages though, still dude was just smooth as hell and a wicked defender.

Best in game would be Patty Mills. Under 18 nationals and coach tells me I've got him, I'm a little scared but I go out confident that I can hold me own against him... Was the most embarrassing game of my life. Think he scored 37 or something on me to go with 6 or 7 assists? Couldn't stay in front of him if my life depended on it. Would have had way more but his team mates kept missing open shots. I remember the first transition play I probably had a good 5-6 foot head start on him after a long rebound and he still ran straight by me (this is straight line speed not lateral) and scored an open lay up... knew I was in for a rough game after that. I think he got a call up for the boomers not even a year later against the kiwi's.

Played against alot of NBL players and a few boomers in practice / games / casual muck around stuff

Joe Mazzulla. He went to my high school, now he plays at WVU.