Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Top 10 video games of all time..

last of us and uncharted lol and no mass effect. naughty dog is cool, but i never understood why uncharted gets soo much hype. playstation fans really needed something to grasp on

1. majoras mask

2. mass effect

3. san andreas

4. mario kart

5. street fighter

6. castlevania

7. turtles in time

8. donkey kong country

9. heavy rain

10. mario 64
    Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz; 08-01-2013 at 07:00 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    I really like that list actually, though I never did get into Gran Turismo.
    When GT1 came out it was so far ahead of any other racing game it was ridiculous. I think the series has taken a step back in the current generation - with Forza stepping up. Gran Turismo 5 still beats it as a simulator, but I found the game itself kind of awkward and half finished feeling - most of the cars are just models taken from Gran Turismo 4 on PS2.. Forza 3 and 4 are as slick a game as you can find.

It's hard for me to make a definite list. All I'll say is The Last of Us will likely (and hopefully) turn out to be influential in future video games. The cinematic feel is beyond what any other game has offered & the storytelling is superb.

I think the most influential game honor should go to GTA III. It opened Pandora's box & showed the gaming industry just how big and bad ass a game can be. Open world? Check. Action packed? Check. Play-at-your-own-pace experience? Check. Side missions/hidden objects? Check. I can't even count how many hours I spent playing that game.

my number one is chrono trigger. I don't really play RPG's either, but this game was just such a classic.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    last of us and uncharted lol and no mass effect. naughty dog is cool, but i never understood why uncharted gets soo much hype. playstation fans really needed something to grasp on

1. majoras mask

2. mass effect

3. san andreas

4. mario kart

5. street fighter

6. castlevania

7. turtles in time

8. donkey kong country

9. heavy rain

10. mario 64
    Yeah lets diss TLoU & Uncharted yet rank Heavy Rain as the 9th best game ever. A game that is far more interactive then either of those games you dismissed.

I love Heavy Rain, and I'm surprised you have it on your list considering you can't stand Uncharted or TLoU. The two best games I have ever played in my life.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

heroes 3

My favorites in no order...

Fallout: New Vegas
    Fallout 3
    Red Dead Redemption
    GTA: San Andreas
    GTA IV
    Uncharted 2
    Dishonored
    Hitman: Blood Money
    NBA 2k13
    Max Payne 3
    Last edited by Goliath Uterus; 08-04-2013 at 05:03 PM.

1. Ninja Gaiden (NES) - I've yet to find another game that gives me the adrenaline rush and utter NEED to beat the game the way Ninja Gaiden did. And when I finally beat it, I kept playing it over and over until I could beat it without getting one game over. The music, the story, the action...epic.

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - I'm a huge Zelda fan, and this one is my favorite out of all the titles in the series. I really enjoy the 3D versions, and two of them show up further down on my list, but they don't have the same gameplay and ease of use the way LttP did.

3. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) - Probably the first game I've ever beaten, it's still my favorite Mario game of all time. Great powerups, great difficulty curve and fun levels made this my favorite game as a kid.

4. Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (GCN) - Lots of people hated on the cell shaded graphics for Wind Waker, but I loved it. It gave us the chance to really get some "emotion" out of Link, as opposed to the stonefaced, boring hero we had before. The music was great (I use the music when you're sailing as my alarm every morning), puzzles even greater, and it had a nice satisfying ending where you stab Gannon in the face and end his shit.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - My first 16 bit game, and probably among the first 5 games I've ever beaten. I've played this game many times I've beaten it without getting hit once. Ended up with something like 46 lives and a bunch of continues. Sonic 2 also has damn good music...love the Chemical Plant Zone theme the most.

6. Pokemon Yellow (GBC) - I hated Pokemon when it was in its heyday...I was probably 13 or 14 and thought it was too kiddy for my liking, especially with the TV shows and everything. I picked it up at 17 and instantly changed my mind about it. I tapped out after 496 Pokemon, but I've played so many of them and studied types/weaknesses/movesets/teams to the point where it's pretty sad.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - Three Zelda games and no Ocarina of Time? Yeah, well....I really liked this entry in the series because I felt the biggest connection to Link out of any other Zelda game I've played. I hated the fact that Skyloft replaced Hyrule at first, but the characters made it a lot more intimate. We finally got a relationship between Link and Zelda that was much more dynamic than "Go save the princess." Plus the controls (and the stamina bar) where fantastic on the Wii Motion Plus Remote.

8. Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door (GCN) - The 2nd entry to the Paper Mario series, and the third console RPG that starred Mario. The gameplay was addictive, although it could get repetitive (but what RPG doesn't?). It had some legit LOL moments, and I remember being really disappointed after beating the game because I wanted more. If that's not a sign of a great game, I don't know what is.

9. Mortal Kombat (2011) (PS3) - I've owned every Mortal Kombat game since they started coming out. MK's my favorite fighting series and MK2001 is my favorite out of all of them. The kharacter list is impressive (would've liked Shinnok to make an appearance though), and the fighting mechanic is smooth and fluid. I loved the addition of the challenge tower, and how the story mode doesn't feel like a tacked-on afterthought like every other fighting game I've played in my life. Oh, how can i forget the fatalities? Lots and lots of gems here....Quan Chi's Leg Beatdown and Kung Lao's Buzzsaw are my favorites.

10. NBA 2k13 (PS3) - I've owned copies of NBA Live/2k every year since 1997, and this is my favorite. I think it's the best basketball simulation I've seen in a video game, and fell in love with the MyCareer mode as soon as I started playing it.

HMs: Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii), Mega Man 2 (NES), Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3), Turtles in Time (SNES), Castlevania (NES)
    Last edited by code green; 08-17-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Halo 2 needs to be on here. It was basically the catalyst for the modern day competitive online/multiplayer gaming.

some of you guys seem very young. No Zelda Ocarina of time?

Banned

Off the top of my head for me I'd have

baldurs gate 2
    knights of the old republic 1
    counter strike 1.6 and source
    mortal kombat 2
    elder scrolls oblivion
    age of empires
    simcity
    resident evil 1 and 2
    some of the fifa's from the psone
    the first bioshock
    the first assassins creed
    time crisis
    house of the dead 1 and 2
    diablo

Listed games more current, I'm big into emulation and arcade machines there's way too many older games I like too, metroid, alex kid (one of my favourites of all time), wonderboy (play the shit out of the first one and monster world still), gun fight, metal slug, tmnt, x-men arcade, gauntlet, golden axe etc

most of these old ones hold more replay value for me though because you don't need to invest as much time to get a quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    some of you guys seem very young. No Zelda Ocarina of time?
    This, i find it disturbing that there have been this many responses and no OoT yet.

Anyways, this is my personal list.

1- The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. (won't really get into it, but the feeling you get when playing through this game is unlike any other i've experienced)

2- Final Fantasy X. (the story is just on another level)

3- Kingdom Hearts 1. (Story, enjoyment factor, characters.. it all clicked)

4- Resident Evil 4. (replay factor is extremely high because of the amazing pace of the game.. first playthrough was just magical)

5- Metroid Prime. (Atmosphere was top notch. Setting, story.. just awesome)

6- Dragon Quest VIII. (This is the most enjoyable RPG i've played.. i have beaten it countless times because of how enjoying the game is. The world is extremely immersive, and the monster sidequest is one of the best ever)

7- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. (winning)

8- God of War 1. (must-play, the first one was the best and the story/setting was excellent)

9- Final Fantasy XII. (Game-play is extremelly well done, two amazing characters, but story is keeping it from being historic)

10- Dark Souls. (Play it, be amazed)

Now, i haven't beaten The Last of Us, so i can't include it.

Other games that missed the cut were:

Final Fantasy 5.

Resident Evil. (game cube remake)

Uncharted 2.

The Last of Us. (At friends, didn't finish it.. probably would have been included)

Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox is the greatest game of all time for me. Most fluid combat system ever and perfect difficulty.

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

Games I've spent the most time playing, in no order:

Super Metroid
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night
    Ninja Gaiden Black
    Final Fantasy X
    Mass Effect 1-2
    Killer Instinct
    Skyrim
    DOTA
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Halo 2

Super Mario Bros 3
    World of Warcraft
    Megaman X
    Biker Mice from Mars
    Contra
    Chrono Trigger
    Secret of Evermore
    Super Mario Kart

I logged in so many hours playing video games that after skyrim I just decided to not have video games as a main pastime. I might play here an there once every month maybe. Fun memories though.