Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation
Default [ Suns + Trade = Possible? ]

well i read on a few sites that the Suns have decided to 'stand pat, keep the roster as is, and not make any trades' all i can say is what a crock... we all know the real reason they will not make trades is because who wants Diaw? Marion will just opt out where they send him, Banks is overpaid, Amare's trade value is not as high as one might think, so the Suns find themself a rock in a hard spot, then they got that whole 'lux tax' issue.

honestly i dont see anyone on any team that will just help the Suns with what they would have to give up in return. they are to close to blow up the roster, but at the same time they need to get some post play/defense like a mutha! i just, like i said who out there is even worth making a trade for? what would it require the Suns to give up? the only people the Suns would wanna dump salaries of would be Diaw, Banks, possibly Marion if the right situation presented its self but teams are not going to call interested in a Diaw, or a Banks deal... Marion, maybe, that whole 'opt out' thing makes him hard to move. other then that your looking at Amare, and Barbosa as the cornerstones that teams are interesed in if a deal is to come about. and if your the Suns do you trade either of them? i can't see a positive in doing so
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #2
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Default Re: [ Suns + Trade = Possible? ]

here are some 'free agents' that are still available, but honestly can any of them actually help the Suns? are they worth even offering a contract? see what you think, here is the list from nba.com:

Michael Olowokandi
Kelvin Cato
Alan Henderson
Pape Sow
P.J. Brown
Michael Sweetney
Dale Davis
Chris Webber
Ruben Patterson
Danny Fortson
Rafael Araujo
Pat Burke
Jalen Rose

i dont really see anything that stands out on the 'free agent' side of things, possibly Webber, but can he honestly run with the Suns? and none of the rest even seem like they are as much of a help as a headache would come about trying to get them mins on the rotation. so the only thing i really see the Suns have in way of getting better is to work a trade, but then we are back to trade for who? what?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

i proposed this in the houston forum, but while i do like raja and barbosa i would give them and our draft pick up for tmac. but somethin tells me theyd want a little more like marion or somethin, id throw in diaw too if i could.
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
i proposed this in the houston forum, but while i do like raja and barbosa i would give them and our draft pick up for tmac. but somethin tells me theyd want a little more like marion or somethin, id throw in diaw too if i could.
that is a terrible idea, matter a fact it is horrible even! why give up Bell, Barbosa, and or anyone else for an always injured McGrady? c'mon! we need to get better not worse, T-Mac makes us worse, plus the Suns got all the offense they need, what they need now is defense and rebounding. i posted the below in the Rockets forum please read
Quote:
hey i'm just kicking around ideas here but one thing for sure, the Rockets have got to trade McGrady. i mean look at this guys track record, he is always injured, and has never lead his team out of the 1st round of the playoffs even thou his team has been up 3 - 1 in a series before. i have no idea why the Rockets traded for him in the first place. i never thought it was going to work out or be a good idea, and i am beyond glad that my Phoenix Suns never made that ridiclous Marion/Barbosa deal to Orlando for a crippled T-Mac. i vote (not that it counts or matters) that Houston trade McGrady while they still can and while he still has trade value before he flat demands a trade and kinda forces the Rockets hand if you will. we all seen him do this in Orlando and trust me he will do the same in Houston

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 01-14-2008 at 04:00 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: