Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Philip Rivers is quietly having an "elite" season ...

1200 yards (300 avg per game)
11 TDs only 2 picks (this stat is noticeable, because common opinion was Rivers had been slowly transforming into an INT machine)
118 QBR (only Peyton Manning is better after 4 games; the next in line is Rodgers, and he's only holding steady at 105)

These stats are pretty impressive. San Diego is 2-2, but they're playing in the same division as Denver and KC, so the post season seems only accessible via a wild-card spot. Rivers has been carrying the load, because quite honestly their defense doesn't seem to be doing much, and he's putting up these stats with no real offensive threats minus Gates.

PR was always one of those QBs right on the outside looking in when it came to that "elite" tag, but the past few years it seemed he was quietly sinking into mediocrity when compared to how great he had been playing when he first hit the scene and was tearing shit up. Now, thus far this year, he's quietly showing everyone he's still got it.

Last edited by Hoodlum Science : 09-30-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philip Rivers is quietly having an "elite" season ...

I wouldn't say "quietly." A primetime game, a game against the Cowboys which I'm sure brought in more viewers, and a spotlight segment on NFL Network last night. People are definitely noticing.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I've been following his situation pretty closely since I took a flier on him late in my fantasy football draft, and he's been unreal. I've been hesitant to play him over Wilson, but his performance against Dallas completely won me over. For people who follow SD football, what's the biggest difference you've seen this year over last? I've noticed when he has a passing option out of the backfield, that's when he's been at his best in his career...and he and Woodhead have been a pretty nice duo for them this season.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I've been following his situation pretty closely since I took a flier on him late in my fantasy football draft, and he's been unreal. I've been hesitant to play him over Wilson, but his performance against Dallas completely won me over. For people who follow SD football, what's the biggest difference you've seen this year over last? I've noticed when he has a passing option out of the backfield, that's when he's been at his best in his career...and he and Woodhead have been a pretty nice duo for them this season.
Pass protection/trusts the oline again
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: