Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    An Icon Forever

Default Habits and Mores Necessary for Success

What do you feel are the most important habits and mores you need to implement in your life to be financially successful in life?

My life is not going well at all when it comes to that and I feel like a failure in general most times.

Default Re: Habits and Mores Necessary for Success

There are a lot of whiny losers on this site.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    There are a lot of whiny losers on this site.

How am I being whiny? I said I feel like a failure. I'm being honest.

NBA Legend

First of all, you need to humble yourself before the one and only athletic savior, Lebron James. Accept his gift unto thee, which is an eternally thick package, and let it be a part of your life on a daily basis.

Then things will begin to make sense.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    First of all, you need to humble yourself before the one and only athletic savior, Lebron James. Accept his gift unto thee, which is an eternally thick package, and let it be a part of your life on a daily basis.

Then things will begin to make sense.

Come on man, serious. What habits/mores do you feel are most important to achieving economic/financial success?

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    What do you feel are the most important habits and mores you need to implement in your life to be financially successful in life?

My life is not going well at all when it comes to that and I feel like a failure in general most times.
    In the case that you are serious, I'm always willing to help out...

Let me tell you the one thing you need to know to be a success. Without recanting my life story, I can tell you that at one point, I was lower than anyone on this board has probably ever been.

But the one thing you need to know, the ONE single thing, is...

APPRECIATE AND BE THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE

When you stop looking at what others have, and appreciate what you have, you'll see life in a totally different light. You think your life sucks? You just logged onto the internet to post on a message board, it obviously isn't sucking too bad.

Be appreciative of everything. I have a lot of nice things (now) but you know what the best feeling in the world is? It's not when I bought my truck, or my house. Its when I walk out of my office at the end of the day, get in my ride, roll down the windows, and breathe in that spring air. That's addicting.

You are alive, which is a lot more than thousands of others can say. You have a roof over your head, a computer to dick around on the internet with... What because you don't have a $500k house, you think your life sucks? I know (knew) people with monster houses who have declared bankruptcy and lost everything.

If you are bringing in more each month then you are spending, you are winning at life. That's the bottom line. If you aren't then you need to make more money. If you can't make more money, you need to spend less. That sounds like a terrible time, but once you make the jump into a life of freedom (not enveloped in the consumerism idea), you'll be a lot better off.

I thought you were being sarcastic OP, sorry. Give some more insight into your situation though. Are you in major debt? A lot of people aren't doing very well these days, even though the media tries to make it seem like the economy has rebounded and there are plenty of jobs. Many good jobs are gone forever and being replaced with contract/part-time garbage doing the same work.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    In the case that you are serious, I'm always willing to help out...

Let me tell you the one thing you need to know to be a success. Without recanting my life story, I can tell you that at one point, I was lower than anyone on this board has probably ever been.

But the one thing you need to know, the ONE single thing, is...

APPRECIATE AND BE THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE

When you stop looking at what others have, and appreciate what you have, you'll see life in a totally different light. You think your life sucks? You just logged onto the internet to post on a message board, it obviously isn't sucking too bad.

Be appreciative of everything. I have a lot of nice things (now) but you know what the best feeling in the world is? It's not when I bought my truck, or my house. Its when I walk out of my office at the end of the day, get in my ride, roll down the windows, and breathe in that spring air. That's addicting.

You are alive, which is a lot more than thousands of others can say. You have a roof over your head, a computer to dick around on the internet with... What because you don't have a $500k house, you think your life sucks? I know (knew) people with monster houses who have declared bankruptcy and lost everything.

If you are bringing in more each month then you are spending, you are winning at life. That's the bottom line. If you aren't then you need to make more money. If you can't make more money, you need to spend less. That sounds like a terrible time, but once you make the jump into a life of freedom (not enveloped in the consumerism idea), you'll be a lot better off.
    Damn, first time I like one of Uk's post.

Perspective is everything. No material object will make you happy if you already aren't happy. Same principle applies to being an unhappy bachelor. If you aren't happy with yourself, no woman will magically make you happy.

An Icon Forever

I thought you were being sarcastic OP, sorry. Give some more insight into your situation though. Are you in major debt? A lot of people aren't doing very well these days, even though the media tries to make it seem like the economy has rebounded and there are plenty of jobs. Many good jobs are gone forever and being replaced with contract/part-time garbage doing the same work.

I have a two year degree in Business Management but have 58,000 in student loan debt that I need to start paying back in June 2016.

The reason I have so much debt is because I used to go to a 4 year university but fukked around too much and accumulated all that debt.

I want to be financially successful one day but don't know how to go about it and get out of the hole I'm in. I'm also 30 years old as well and that just makes me feel worse off because there are many people younger than me who have their lives together.

Listening, persistence and calmness.

The student debt has to be your priority to pay off first. Can you live with family? I realize that at 30 years old this is frowned upon, but you need to think of the future. Times have changed, many 30+ year olds live at home because they are in massive debt and/or can't find a decent job.

If you're currently unemployed, find any job you can that is related to your field. Many jobs ask for experience these days as it is the only thing to differentiate between hundreds of applicants with identical education. However, if you cannot find a job in your field, take anything you can get and be very frugal. This is where living with family can help substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I have a two year degree in Business Management but have 58,000 in student loan debt that I need to start paying back in June 2016.

The reason I have so much debt is because I used to go to a 4 year university but fukked around too much and accumulated all that debt.

I want to be financially successful one day but don't know how to go about it and get out of the hole I'm in. I'm also 30 years old as well and that just makes me feel worse off because there are many people younger than me who have their lives together.
    Because they post pictures of them doing shit on Facebook does not mean their lives are together.

Like I said, I knew of a guy, a doctor who was friends with my aunt, who had a big ass house. Gambling addiction ****ed him right up the poop chute, and he ended up declaring bankruptcy and losing everything. Including his wife and kids.

Nobody has their shit together. Some are floating higher than others, but we are all floating just the same.

The student debt has to be your priority to pay off first. Can you live with family? I realize that at 30 years old this is frowned upon, but you need to think of the future. Times have changed, many 30+ year olds live at home because they are in massive debt and/or can't find a decent job.

If you're currently unemployed, find any job you can that is related to your field. Many jobs ask for experience these days as it is the only thing to differentiate between hundreds of applicants with identical education. However, if you cannot find a job in your field, take anything you can get and be very frugal. This is where living with family can help substantially.
    Go to a staffing agency. Not a temp agency.

Make that money, and stop spending. If you stop spending for a few months, and realize how much you have in your bank account, it will become a habit. I used to not save shit, but even at my shitty salary, I am still able to put away almost $1000 a month just because I don't spend my money on dumb shit like new clothes...

Last new piece of clothing I bought was from Wal-Mart. It was a pair of sweatpants on sale for $7, because the last pair of sweatpants I bought from Wal-Mart years ago finally had too many holes in them.

My girlfriend's father wears shirts in them all the time, and he's a millionaire. Kawhi Leonard drives a 97 Tahoe.

Thats why I say, be appreciative of what you have. Be comfortable with what you've got. You don't have a nice car? Who gives a ****. If it runs, you're doing better than 99.9% of the rest of the planet.

An Icon Forever

Yep, I'm currently unemployed. Gonna be very frugal because I want to turn my life around.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Go to a staffing agency. Not a temp agency.

Make that money, and stop spending. If you stop spending for a few months, and realize how much you have in your bank account, it will become a habit. I used to not save shit, but even at my shitty salary, I am still able to put away almost $1000 a month just because I don't spend my money on dumb shit like new clothes...

Last new piece of clothing I bought was from Wal-Mart. It was a pair of sweatpants on sale for $7, because the last pair of sweatpants I bought from Wal-Mart years ago finally had too many holes in them.

My girlfriend's father wears shirts in them all the time, and he's a millionaire. Kawhi Leonard drives a 97 Tahoe.

Thats why I say, be appreciative of what you have. Be comfortable with what you've got. You don't have a nice car? Who gives a ****. If it runs, you're doing better than 99.9% of the rest of the planet.

How did he become a millionaire?