Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Are Dirk Nowitzki highlights 'impressive' to watch? How about Kevin Love?

If so, what makes them impressive? Dirk's fade away? Kevin Love's jump shot?

raep tiem

Default Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki highlights 'impressive' to watch? How about Kevin Love?

I personally love the way Dirk operates on offense.. Especially the fade away

Default Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki highlights 'impressive' to watch? How about Kevin Love?

Nowitzki was certainly impressive to watch during his championship run. He fearlessly takes and makes a lot of tough shots, and I, personally find that exciting to watch. Love is more complicated. I don't like his game (well, his offensive game), but that has a lot to do with my own disdain of the 3-point shot. I do like his aggressive rebounding style, but when do you ever see rebounds on sports center? You know who else should be mentioned in this thread? Zach Randolph. He does nothing fancy and can't jump any higher than I can, but he gets the job done. He reminds me of Paul Silas but with more offensive skills.

Will & skill. Dirk is the man

Please don't put Kevin Love and Dirk Nowitzki in the same phrasing

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Dirk yes Love no.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Please don't put Kevin Love and Dirk Nowitzki in the same phrasing
    Thank you! Do his supporters realize he had a .352 FG% last year? That was even worse than Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    Thank you! Do his supporters realize he had a .352 FG% last year? That was even worse than Rubio.
    Damn, that's bad.

wahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? just looked that up because I thought it was impossible but it's true, he did only play 18 games though but still

Watching Dirk highlights is a thing of beauty. Just because he's not doing flashy passes or big slams doesn't mean they're boring. His shots are so clean, he's taking these tough contested fadeaways that swish clean through the basket. You can appreciate his ability when it's slowed down.

Can't comment on K-Love highlights

NBA lottery pick

Kevin Love is the very definition of empty stats. So far he has had almost no positive impact on his teammates and therefore team performances. Minnesota should realize that they are in a great and unique situation that their real star/draw is Ricky Rubio, which allows them to trade their best player Love without the usual backlash. Love has acted poorly toward the Wolves before. If they are a 0.500 team at the all-star break I

NBA rookie of the year

The only similarity between dirk and love is their race

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Dirk yes Love no.
    Kblaze I'm trying to figure who most-visually resembles the game of Bob Pettit today, you've seen some of him cause I know you made a mix about him a while back, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Dirk yes Love no.
    This (which doesn't mean Love isn't a fine player, since that's clearly the larger point of this thread. Nowhere near Dirk, of course, but it doesn't have to do with being spectacular)

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

The guy was playing with a freaking broken hand and you talk about FG% ?

His career FG% is 45 and that's including that season.

It remains to be seen if he EVER gets his stroke back after returning way too soon, and learned bad mechanics to compensate.