Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: FACT CHECK: EUROLEAGUE courts are SMALLER than NCAA and WNBA courts?

Whats the difference between double rim and single rim?

Default Re: FACT CHECK: EUROLEAGUE courts are SMALLER than NCAA and WNBA courts?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

That's a double rim.
    Eurloleague courts are the same size as NBA now. 3pt lines still short though.
    lol it's funny how many people posted pix of puns.

Double rims suck. They bounce way too high off a miss.

Edit: @ Nash, they are way more firm if you ask me.

-Smak

They're probably stronger..

But no one can dunk in the euroleague anyway Unless some nba scrub gets bored and goes over to play there..

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I don't even know exactly what "EuroLeague" is.

Who gives a F?

Is that the league Deron Will played in?

Or Josh Childress?

Or Steph Marbury?

There's too many damn leagues over there. All I know is the NBA has all of the world's best players except for 2 or 3 players on a Josh Childress level or older star has- beens like Stephon Marbury.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    They're probably stronger..

But no one can dunk in the euroleague anyway Unless some nba scrub gets bored and goes over to play there..
    lol you guys love to troll old dude huh?

-Smak

you get 3 steps in the nba says euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    more bounce to it...so on a single rim when you get those lucky bounces, it sless likely to happen on a double rim because the ball is bouncing a little harder...I've played on both...and believe me, playing on a double rim isnt good for self esteem

but, they did make me a better shooter...I have more arch now and use the back board more efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    lol you guys love to troll old dude huh?

-Smak
    jokes getting old though. OP is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    The NBA gets three steps, and the Euros get two? I think you have that backwards (although some might argue that NBA stars get 4 or more.)
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    and sometimes more. Travelling is rampant in the NBA ever since Stern wanted to be more entertaining in late 80's or so.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    more bounce to it...so on a single rim when you get those lucky bounces, it sless likely to happen on a double rim because the ball is bouncing a little harder...I've played on both...and believe me, playing on a double rim isnt good for self esteem

Of course, breakaway double rims are not to be confused with the non-breakaway double rims seen on most playgrounds these days. The non-breakaways are the ones that will not welcome many favorable bounces. The ones in Euroleague still appear to provide some solid cushion.

When players see double rims in the USA (again, out on concrete) they associate horrible bounces with them because instead of containing a spring, the entire structure is bolted into the backboard. And, unlike the single non-breakaway rims of the previous generation, they cannot be bent by force and broken in or loosened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Basically, they make it harder to score.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I don't even know exactly what "EuroLeague" is.

Who gives a F?

Is that the league Deron Will played in?

Or Josh Childress?

Or Steph Marbury?

There's too many damn leagues over there. All I know is the NBA has all of the world's best players except for 2 or 3 players on a Josh Childress level or older star has- beens like Stephon Marbury.

EuroLeague is Europe's version of the WNBA.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    You do. Look it up in the NBA rule book.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-08-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Of course, breakaway double rims are not to be confused with the non-breakaway double rims seen on most playgrounds these days. The non-breakaways are the ones that will not welcome many favorable bounces. The ones in Euroleague still appear to provide some solid cushion.

When players see double rims in the USA (again, out on concrete) they associate horrible bounces with them because instead of containing a spring, the entire structure is bolted into the backboard. And, unlike the single non-breakaway rims of the previous generation, they cannot be bent by force and broken in or loosened up.
    Yeah. The ones Euroleague uses are softer than the typical playground ones. They still make it a bit harder to score though. I remember seeing some study test they did, and it lowered shooting percentages by like 4 percentage points. It's not as bad as the ones at the playground though.