Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

Default Re: Suns trade for Aaron Brooks

nash is gone in the summer. i'm sure of it.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Have they even watched Aaron Brooks this year? He's really not that good, the draft pick alone should have been enough to get him, especially since it could very well be a lottery pick. Guys like that are nice spark plugs off the bench if you're going to go deep into the playoffs against veteran teams with slow, aging point guards like Fisher, but he's not worth it for a young team, especially one that should in theory be building a defensive identity. Hell, even as an offensive player, he's not that good for them - he's not a distributor, so the shots he takes will be coming from guys like Dudley and Hill who are pretty good shooters. Brooks is also a very poor defender, although that's probably less of an issue now that the West lost two elite point guards in the last two days.

This draft is gonna be garbage. We have two picks, ours and Orlando's so I don't mind giving one up.

I agree that dragic is all about his confidence levels. I wanted to keep him but I don't mind this trade. Suns need to give Nash his rest or he'll fizzle out. Dragic (and the bench) have been blowing leads, I think and hope that Brooks will cure that. Also I'll be glad that Brooks isn't lighting the Suns up anymore.

If Dragic goes beast mode in Houston then we've lost this trade but I think Suns have the edge in this deal.

Suns still need to address getting another solid big man, they tried for Milsap but failed. I'm kind of glad they did. I like Pietrus.

Nash is gone, that doesn't mean he'll get traded he might just play out next year w/ the Suns. This will be a few years for the Suns to try and rebuild and retool. I'm not for trading Nash unless it's a good deal. None of this nonsense where we get bad players w/ bad contracts.

Brooks can fill the role as our pg if Nash does leave but I hope we get some much much (2 muches) better players. I don't want him to be our best player, we'll be screwed.

Overall good trade for the Suns, I don't have them winning the Championship this year anyway. and I know in 2 years time this will be a completely different team. It's already started. Piet, Gortat and Brooks all brought in this year. In two years Nash and Hill will be gone. Suns need a legit PF.

Banned

rockets are retarded. Dragic is crap compared to brooks. Another panic trade that doesnt make much sense for one side.

128 time NBA All Star Run&Gun=Fun's Avatar

I just checked....Dragic leads the league in TO's per 48 minutes.

In +/- He is -211. For a team that is above .500 that is bad, very bad.To put it in comparison Nash is + 262.
    He is the worst Sun in that category the next worse is Warrick at -103 more than half of Dragics.

Those are very damning stats, cant blame the Suns for deciding to part ways.

From all reports he has zero leadership...Hence the teams struggles when he is on the court at the point.
    Last edited by Run&Gun=Fun; 02-25-2011 at 12:28 AM.

WTF

All I can say to the Suns is WTF!

They never even gave Dragic legit minutes. He' showed in the past he can be a very capable PG....

No way in hell is Brooks gonna resign with Phoenix after this season. Hell Phoenix 1. wouldn't even have the cap space barring a house cleaning 2. wouldn't pay what other teams will.

They've just given away a solid young pg and a pick for afew months rental.

Pure stupidity, yet another STUPID trade by Phoenix. I thought things might change with Kerr out of the picture, apparently not.

I hope Dragic torches them every time they play

Banned

Well, looks like both Dragic and Brooks were having a shitty season. Lets see how things play out from now on, hopefully this trade works out for both teams.

Banned

I think the Suns made this trade because Brooks is capable of playing the two-guard position. It is not like Brooks is a set up, pass first point guard anyways. He is a scoring guard, very much like what Leandro Barbosa was when he was with Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    WTF

All I can say to the Suns is WTF!

They never even gave Dragic legit minutes. He' showed in the past he can be a very capable PG....

No way in hell is Brooks gonna resign with Phoenix after this season. Hell Phoenix 1. wouldn't even have the cap space barring a house cleaning 2. wouldn't pay what other teams will.

They've just given away a solid young pg and a pick for afew months rental.

Pure stupidity, yet another STUPID trade by Phoenix. I thought things might change with Kerr out of the picture, apparently not.

I hope Dragic torches them every time they play
    AB is a restricted FA, and Vince will be gone next year (buyout or trade) we'll be able to keep him, if they intend to keep him.

I liked GD too, but this isn't a bad deal. Radio (local) today talked about how the team had lost confidence in him not just the gm and head of basketball ops. Nash was getting pissed with the second unit and Goran for giving up leads.

like the link I posted said, it's a good fresh start for both players

I love Dragic but he is one of the main reasons the Suns are a 10th seed atm...
    He single-handedly had blown an astronomical amount of leads.

Pissed Suns fans probably forgot how our best and most stable stretch came when we had a D-League call-up PG coming off the bench.

His play imploded the Suns in so many ways that I couldn't see him getting that confidence back.

I hope he'll be as good as he can in HOU, freed from the shadow of Steve Nash.

Brooks is a stud and is gonna thrive in Phoenix. I'd love to see he and Stevie out there at the same time.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    So the Suns ARE trading Nashty Nash in the summer?
    Nope. Brooks will spell Nash, lengthening his career, which will end in a Suns uniform.

In Brooks they get a guy that has a lot of post-injury upside. If they can't or won't keep both, a healthy, full-speed Brooks, is a very marketable commodity.

Dragic has been awful this season, and the weakest link on a 2nd unit that is really very strong. I haven't seen a bit of improvement in his game; if anything, he's more indecisive and a poorer defender than he was a year ago. In pro sports, that's usually an indicator that it's time for a change of scenery.

Banned

fact is aaron brook isnt that good, and that dragic is even worse.

idiotic move for both teams.

Brooks has been pretty bad this year for Houston. Not just his on court play, but he was bitching off the court as well. Cried about not getting an extension and cried about losing his starting job to Lowry. Not a PG, a scoring guard. Probably the opposite of Nash. But maybe a change of scenery is all this kid needs to get back on the right track.