Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Bruinlove
Banned

Default Tired of people who think Bynum is a Dwight/Amare like Dunker who can't create

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bimViNFfzIo

Watch that vid, yes he has lots of dunks, but look at his post moves. Those post moves aren't fluke moments he does those shots atleast 4 times a game and he is a 63% shooter too. So many people who obviously don't watch him play say all he is is a dunker finisher who would be nothing if he didn't get fed easy shots. He's not Dwight or Amare. He can create his own shot very well, I'd say better than about 80% of the bigmen in the league right now.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Default Re: Tired of people who think Bynum is a Dwight/Amare like Dunker who can't create

I don't really get what you're trying to prove. You know Bynum doesn't have the potential of Dwight or Amare so why are you offended that people group him with them?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Tired of people who think Bynum is a Dwight/Amare like Dunker who can't create

I see Bynum's game as different than those two players. And thats a good thing, IMO. He will develop his own shots over time and get better and better at it.

Thats one of the differences between he and Pau at the 5 right now. Pau can create shots all over the court. Good news is that Bynum is continuing to develop at an incredible pace and he could be better at the center position than either of those players at some point, but again, they have different games.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I agree with what you're saying but to say Amare can't create his own shot is a myth.

Bynum is his own player. I don't like making comparisons anymore because no player has the same exact playing style. They can be similar but Bynum will have moves that other centers cant do and visa versa.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:35 AM   #5
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Yes, very different games. Here's my take on Bynum vs. Amare:

Amare is face-up, Bynum is back-to-the-basket.

Amare wants to get a 3-point shot and hang out on the perimeter, Bynum wants to learn the sky hook and dominate down low.

Bynum has a much better defensive game than Amare. Amare pretty much only goes for weak-side blocks, and generally couldn't guard 1-on-1 or pick'n'roll to save his life. Bynum shows well on screens and gets back to the paint. He sometimes loses his man on box outs though, but generally boxes out better than Amare anyway.

Bynum is the better rebounder, but not by a ton, but he does have the length and the body that allows him to get to a lot of boards before other guys can. Amare may offensive-rebound a little better with his great timing, but Bynum cleans up on the defensive glass so against each other I have to go with Drew.

Should PHX meet LAL in the playoffs, the battle of the boards will say a lot, although I am aware PHX had more boards in that recent win. I don't think that's something you would be successfully maintainable over a 7 game series, you'd want to win the battle on the boards to give yourself a better chance at a win.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: