Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Default Just a thought...

Ok, now that it's final and we have traded T.J, essentially ending the Pg debate surounding the team, pronouncing Jose as our starter...

I would still like to discuss the fact it really doesn't add up. I mean why trade the guy who's value is really at the lowest value of his career, when the other guy is at the highest? YET the production from the two players was pretty even, and were both were always given equal minutes.

I'm just sayin...they both have pretty much equal value to the Raps(I guess not actually...) but have a HUGE value difference to the rest of the league.

Hell, with the right set up for the trade, maybe we coulda pried Granger from the Pacers if we had Calderon in. Atleast get alot more than just JO...
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Re: Just a thought...

JO is a 6 time all star. I think we got pretty good value. He's also a big and we dealt a redundant, small PG, who isn't a good outside shooter and has his own injury risks. We also shaved a year off a large contract. TJ also had some attitude issue. BC obviously didn't think the Raptors were going to be winning anything substantial with TJ Ford.

And we wouldn't have gotten Granger....
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 AM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Like i said many times... it's ONLY Me-J Ford here! I am sure BC weighted his options and there were no better ones...

think of all the possibilities we mentioned this last couple months... there isn't a better candidate than JO

or, name me a potential deal that we could have done, that is better than JO.. gimme a name now
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
Like i said many times... it's ONLY Me-J Ford here! I am sure BC weighted his options and there were no better ones...

think of all the possibilities we mentioned this last couple months... there isn't a better candidate than JO

or, name me a potential deal that we could have done, that is better than JO.. gimme a name now

T.J Ford is not about himself he is a very good point guard and will be very good for the indiana pacers.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #5
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
T.J Ford is not about himself he is a very good point guard and will be very good for the indiana pacers.

I agree that he will be much better in indy... same with JO.. i think he will be much better at T-dot.

with Me-J.. i can't agree that he is a "team" guy... his 2007/2008 goal, during an interview, was "to play in the allstar game" I was expecting something like winning the division, or 2nd round of playoffs.. etc.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: