Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Re: Andre Drummond to play for uconn this upcoming season

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
And? That means nothing for this upcoming season after they lost the heart and soul of their team. We're not talking about last year.

college basketball is about building a program

everyone slept on them at the beginning of last year saying they weren't deep enough but Jeremy Lamb improved all season long and Kemba Walker stepped it up a notch from the previous years. They said they weren't big enough to win a national championship but they outrebounded many teams down the stretch of games regardless. Maybe talent wise i would agree with you, but as a squad I would rate UCONN higher than Kentucky any day and just below UNC in 2011/2012

Losing one player most often doesn't decimate your entire program. Even without Drummond (or Walker for that matter) I still would have expected them to in that top tier because UCONN players usually always come back better the next year. Lamb and Napier got huge minutes and were never fazed down the stretch of big games and roscoe smith despite injuries was an amazing defender and rebounder at the 3. I would expect these guys to step up big time, and with drummond, it's just more bad news for the big east
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
hoopsfan3333
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hoopsfan3333 has an OK reputation so far

Good article on this topic. Even with Drummond, the Huskies will not be the favorites to win the national championship as they have too many question marks without Kemba:

LINK
hoopsfan3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #18
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
And? That means nothing for this upcoming season after they lost the heart and soul of their team. We're not talking about last year.
The consensus of us UConn fans last year at this time was that last year's championship team would be lucky to sniff the NCAA tourney as a bubble team, after seeing the losses from the NIT team. The under performing NIT team lost more than half of its points production with the exodus of Dyson, Edwards, Majok, and Robinson than last year's team. Not going to discredit THE GREATEST UCONN HUSKY OF ALL TIME but without Jeremy Lamb this team wouldn't have won it all. They were both equally vital to the success in the tournament.

I'm very confident in saying this is the most talent team Jim Calhoun has ever had at UConn, even better than that '06 team. Lamb, Daniels, and Drummond could be and should be big time NBA players. Oriakhi and Smith could possibly slip into the first round when they decide to go, but I believe they definitely have the NBA in their future.

Finally, UConn was such a successful team last year because of their defense. Only 14 times out of 41 games last year a team scored more than 70 points, and 4 of those teams needed overtime to do it. In the NCAA tournament, no team scored above 70 points. Arizona and San Diego State were the only teams able to score 60+ against UConn. Then out of Kentucky, Butler, Cincy, and Bucknell, none were able to muster more than 58 points. On average, teams in the NCAA tournament against UConn were only able to score 56 PPG. That's why UConn won the championship.

Last edited by UConnCeltics : 09-04-2011 at 05:47 PM.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: