Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation
Default Would the Bobcats

... have made the playoffs if they would be allowed to field 6 players???

... have won home court in playoff first round if they could add prime Michael Jordan to their roster???

... have been any better had they drafted differently???

... have been any better had they had Tom Thibodeau or Frank Vogel as coach???

... will they ever become a good franchise or are they simply the slum of the NBA???
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Would the Bobcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude

... have won home court in playoff first round if they could add prime Michael Jordan to their roster???

... will they ever become a good franchise or are they simply the slum of the NBA???

-yes
-yes
-yes
-no
-yes
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Great thread
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Great thread
holy shit a bobcats fan
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
holy shit a bobcats fan
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:

2006 Draft Rudy Gay instead of Adam Morrison
2007 Draft Joakim Noah instead of Brandon Wright
2007 Draft Marc Gasol instead of Jared Dudley
2008 Draft Nicolas Batum rather than DJ Augustin
2011 Draft Kemba Walker

Walker/Gay/Batum/Gasol/Noah. That's got to at least make playoffs next few years.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't understand this notion that the Bobcats are now the worst franchise in the league. They were a respectable 34-48 last season and they made the playoffs at 44-38 the year before that.

This is the first time in the last six seasons that they didn't win at least 32 games. Not that winning over 30 games means they are a great franchise, but that is mediocre... ie not terrible.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Owl
Local High School Star

Owl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this board

Quote:
Yes of course. There's a reason that there's no sending offs (a la soccer) or even sin bins for players in basketball. A man advantage (or 20% extra) would be huge at the pro level.

Quote:
No. If MJ is worth 30 games (based on an 82 game season) he's still struggling to make them a .500 team. He'd have to be significantly better than this.

Quote:
This year, or going way back. Going back yes they would be better (although a lot of times they have drafted in positions where there weren't a lot of great picks who were taken in in the picks immediately after, i.e. the best players were off the board, so unless they reached for the likes of Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum etc they weren't getting anyone great).
This year they drafted reasonably well.

Quote:
Any better, yes. But not significantly. I suspect (good) coaching has more of and affect on good teams than bad ones, because when the talent isn't there, there isn't much you can do.

Quote:
Despite some bad circumstance (questionable management, questionable market, trading away picks etc) I think because they've finally turned a corner by being willing to tank rather than being consistently a 30-odd win team they have a decent chance to become good. It depends on how good (and to perhaps a greater degree, lucky) they are in the draft.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

They blew up their roster on purpose so that they'd have the worst record in the league and get a top pick in the lottery. It's smarter than what the Raptors are doing.

Hell they're so bad that even with a top pick they'll be in the lottery for a couple more years and may get even more top picks. If they don't luck into a superstar in the lottery a la Rose or Durant they'll never be relevant anyway, so this is really the only thing they can do.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:

No.

Yes.

Probably but Biyombo and Walker have been fine (not the problem)

A little better.

As long as Michael Jordan is running that team they'll be an embarrassment.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LMFAO at you people who think this roster + MJ gets home court in the playoffs.. seriously?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Prime MJ on that team would be similar to the '06 & '07 Lakers. Playoff team, but an easy 1st round exit.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I still get a kick out of people who think Jordan won those titles single-handed.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: