Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Wavves's 2014 NBA Drafts Winners and Losers

With a loaded draft, a lot of the NBA teams won today, it was hard to lose. Cleveland and Milwaukee got what they hope to be the next big things, and other teams picked up nice solid pieces. Here is a list of a couple of teams who I believe were some of the biggest winners today.

Winners:

Philadelphia 76ers - You may be thinking "wait a second, how can a team whose two draft picks won't even play next season be winners?". You are right in thinking that, but to exit the draft with a potential GREAT bigman in Joel Embiid, be able to stash a great international prospect in Dario Saric and finally get another future first.... The 76ers are sure to be one of the worst teams in the league again next season, but pair next years expected high lottery pick with this years stash of prospects and the future looks extremely bright in Philadelphia. (Don't forget about the ROY in MCW and Nerlens Noel as well)

Miami Heat -The Heat went into the draft wanting one player. They didn't draft him, but they got him. Shabazz Napier lands in Miami and could be the Heat starter at PG from day one. Shabazz won't be the final straw that makes Lebron decide to stay, but it helps. Shabazz will give Lebron some relief while on the floor as he is able to take over ball handling duties. Selecting a leader and a winner makes Miami a winner.

San Antonio Spurs - To pick up a player the quality of Kyle Anderson whom I had mocked at #15 is a major steal for the Spurs. Anderson is a very unique talent, who is a terrific ball handler and passer of the rock. I cannot wait until next season to see how the Spurs use him in offense. It sure will be fun and creative.

Losers:

Orlando Magic - Giving up a future first and a second just to move up two spots? Elfrid Payton is one of my favourite players in the draft and he could potentially be worth it, but to also somewhat reach on Gordon a player who may just be a defense and energy guy in the league. Oh, and don't forget they gave up the should of been an all-star last season Aaron Afflalo earlier for not much at all. The Magic are the big losers of the draft. Something we didn't expect for a team whose management seemed to be on fire lately.

Toronto Raptors - Bruno Caboclo would have been avaliable in the 2nd round. I don't know how good this kid could be, and I actually respect the Raptors organization for identifying their guy and taking him, but at least try to trade down? Why not give Miami a call at least, we all knew they were looking to trade up. We'll see with this pick, but for now... eh.
    http://wavvey.wordpress.com/2014/06/...rs-and-losers/
    Last edited by Wavves; 06-26-2014 at 11:11 PM.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Wavves's 2014 NBA Drafts Winners and Losers

That Bruno kid is reportedly 6'9 with a 7'7 wingspan. I don't see what is so bad with that pick. His potential is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    That Bruno kid is reportedly 6'9 with a 7'7 wingspan. I don't see what is so bad with that pick. His potential is insane.
    Because he won't be here for FOUR years, and they could have gotten him 20 picks later.

He sounds like a good prospect, but it is considered a 'bad pick' because it was a big reach. Could of gotten him much later.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Because he won't be here for FOUR years, and they could have gotten him 20 picks later.
    That four year shit is overstated. So some ESPN analyst made that comment about 2 years until 2 years and then Bill Simmons tried to make a joke out of it. Doesn't mean shit.

He'll now be training in an NBA development system and probably progressing much faster than he ever would have without NBA trainers working with him. Who knows how long it will take him to be ready.

And regardless you don't try and predict where a player will or won't go and risk losing him. You take the man at the top of your board. Period.

Banned

in before gordon and payton turn into super stars.

I hope.

Please happen.

Please.....

That four year shit is overstated. So some ESPN analyst made that comment about 2 years until 2 years and then Bill Simmons tried to make a joke out of it. Doesn't mean shit.

He'll now be training in an NBA development system and probably progressing much faster than he ever would have without NBA trainers working with him. Who knows how long it will take him to be ready.

And regardless you don't try and predict where a player will or won't go and risk losing him. You take the man at the top of your board. Period.
    Ok then by your logic no player could ever be a reach. In fact, by your logic, there's no such THING as a reach. You could pick Mitch McGary number one overall and if he's at the top of your board, it was a good pick.

who do u think the magic should have picked at 4 then?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    exum, randle, vonleh or even smart would have be a better choices. Hell even trade the pick if we don't like any of those players.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    exum, randle, vonleh or even smart would have be a better choices. Hell even trade the pick if we don't like any of those players.
    meh. we don't know this yet. the only thing i don't like is that we gave up a future first for payton. what the fvck was henni thinking...

I thought Exum was the way to go. Even though I like Payton giving up another 1st hurts and if your banking on Gordon to be a star then that is a big risk. He may never be that big of a danger on the offensive end.

I just like Exum's potential much more.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

meh. we don't know this yet. the only thing i don't like is that we gave up a future first for payton. what the fvck was henni thinking...
    Wait, this afternoon you said Henni was a genius, and he had a plan. I guess his plan was to have a horrible draft and give away the future with a #1 pick? Good luck with that mastermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    I thought Exum was the way to go. Even though I like Payton giving up another 1st hurts and if your banking on Gordon to be a star then that is a big risk. He may never be that big of a danger on the offensive end.

I just like Exum's potential much more.
    I 100% agree on Payton. But how much of Exum have you watched? Do you know anything about him other than he's really hyped by some and dissed by some and he's big with slightly above average athleticism? People keep saying "You guys should have picked Exum." Based on what? The Magic scouted him more than any other team in the draft. They saw Gordon over him. Most people haven't even watched one game that Exum has played.

only thing we won is more lottery picks for the next 5 years
    i gurantee the magic will be better than us every year for the next 5 years book it............

Not removing until: Created 6/24/14
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    [] 76ers make the playoffs
    [] Michael Carter-Williams makes a All-Star Game
    [] Nerlens Noel plays a game in the NBA regular season

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Wait, this afternoon you said Henni was a genius, and he had a plan. I guess his plan was to have a horrible draft and give away the future with a #1 pick? Good luck with that mastermind...
    We have another pick that year. How is picking up Gordon and Payton a horrible draft? People are saying Exum>Gordon and I'm like "wtf". No one knows that.