Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

I've been impressed with his first step. As a matter of fact, that is the thing that has stuck out to me more than anything about his game, at least from what I've seen in the tournament (hadn't seen much of him prior). I was expecting a JJ Redick type of range shooter with limited athleticism.

He is really absolutely nothing like Redick and he is pretty damned athletic. I sort of find the Ben Gordon comparison interesting. He could be a modern day Vinnie Johnson on the next level... It wouldn't shock me.

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I've been impressed with his first step. As a matter of fact, that is the thing that has stuck out to me more than anything about his game, at least from what I've seen in the tournament (hadn't seen much of him prior). I was expecting a JJ Redick type of range shooter with limited athleticism.

He is really absolutely nothing like Redick and he is pretty damned athletic. I sort of find the Ben Gordon comparison interesting. He could be a modern day Vinnie Johnson on the next level... It wouldn't shock me.
    Ben Gordon was a much better player in college.

Jimmer is not going to have four guys getting him shots all game in the pros.

The competition in the tourney is getting better and it shows in the way he has to shoot more and more to put up numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

IMO, he is a 6"2 shooter who can't finish at the rim against NBA level bigs. He has bad shot selection and has not shown the ability to run an offense. He also shows no inclination to play defense. Doesn't sound like starter potential. Maybe he turns out to be a good 6th man but there are 9 prospects I would take over him.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    IMO, he is a 6"2 shooter who can't finish at the rim against NBA level bigs. He has bad shot selection and has not shown the ability to run an offense. He also shows no inclination to play defense. Doesn't sound like starter potential. Maybe he turns out to be a good 6th man but there are 9 prospects I would take over him.

he can play in Miami and just spot up for 3's., thats if he falls in the 2nd round.

Jimmer wont fall into the second round.
    In fact he won't fall out of the lottery.
    Not in this draft.

Yakkity Yak

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    he can play in Miami and just spot up for 3's., thats if he falls in the 2nd round.
    he can't play defense...They would still have the same problems they have with Bibby starting. When they play Rondo, Rose, Nelso he would have a field day.

Banned

honestly this reminds me of when jameer nelson was coming out of college, how good he was in the college game and all the national player of the year awards and everything

as a player he's different but i can see the same scenario where he's projected to go lottery or mid 1st round and slides into the 20s

not a strong draft though so it might just come down to team needs, ill wait for the lottery to make any predictions

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

I haven

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I don't disagree... Which is why I chose Vinnie Johnson, who was known as a great energy guy off of the bench. I don't think he is quite as dominant as Gordon was in college, but I do think they have some similarities in style of play.

And, no... I don't want my team taking him in the lottery, regardless of where our two picks fall. I am surprised by his style of play, though... It just wasn't what I expected. To be completely honest, when I hear about a white volume scorer from BYU, I am thinking a JJ Redick style player...

Jimmer relies a lot on his athleticism, which was a surprise... To me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    Miami needs guys to deliver jump shots when Wayne and LeBron are double teamed.

That would be a good fit, if they can't find a center.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    honestly this reminds me of when jameer nelson was coming out of college, how good he was in the college game and all the national player of the year awards and everything

as a player he's different but i can see the same scenario where he's projected to go lottery or mid 1st round and slides into the 20s

not a strong draft though so it might just come down to team needs, ill wait for the lottery to make any predictions
    Jameer is much more of a natural point guard. I really don't see Fredette being a starting point guard in the NBA. In fact, I think the closer comparison on that St. Joes team would be Delonte West. Jimmer is sort of a shorter Delonte with a little better jumper and worse shot selection.

Banned

I hope the Cavs don't waste a lottery pick on this dude

Magic Johnson

Jimmer seems destined to be the type of guy whose NBA career will ultimately be defined by who drafts him. On the right team, he'd be an exceptional asset... on a bad team he might look like a bust.

Banned

I haven't watched him a lot, but what NBA player has a build like him? He doesn't seem like he's long at all (maybe it's just because he's pretty wide) and he's not going to be getting past any NBA point guards with his athleticism. Not that he's unathletic exactly, but compared to the NBA point guard position which is completely stacked with insane athletes he's just not going to compete. If he could play 2 guard, then maybe I could see him getting a chance, but like I said, he's doesn't seem very long and he's only 6-2. You just don't see guys built like him in the NBA. He's definitely got real NBA 3 pt range though, so maybe he could make it in a derek Fisher type role.

Banned

rich mans stephen curry with iversons scoring ability, perennial allstar and all-nbaer for years to come, easily #1 pick in this draft and im very picky with white players