Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tryeke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

1. Reke
    2. Mayo

3. DeRozan

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tryeke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

tyreke is better than both

but i am thinking oj mayo will have a better career in dallas.. its just quite sad because jkidd is not there anymore but if dallas will try to make oj their point guard it might be a mistake :)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    but if dallas will try to make oj their point guard it might be a mistake :)
    Darren Collison is their starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    When rotating between taking turns handling the rock ala a mini version of LeBron / Wade? Sure. But neither player can work off the ball. It's a lost art among guards and wings in the league. I really wanted the Bulls to pick him up this summer. He'd be perfect dominating the ball, and playmaking in the absence of Rose. They were rivals in HS, played for the same coach in college ... they might make each other better in practice. I don't know however how great they would be on the floor at the same time. If Reke had a legit jumper and off the ball game, catch and shoot, given his more SG caliber size ... they could be real special together.

Agreed on the shooting. His jumpshot is broke and that's bad, as he's already difficult to play with. A jumpshot would make things easier. At least some semblance of one.

But I think people are really underrated Mayo. He's got star potential. I don't really see it in DeRozan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    He doesn't really have to play off the ball to be a 2guard.

I think he and Rose would be good together.

No. No they wouldn't. It would be LBJ and wade all over again.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

O.J a 6'4mamba

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    IMO Evans has this thing exceptional about him, which is his drives... He could put it to work. I'm hoping.
    qft

The thing is, Tyreke is probably the most naturally talented player of the 3. But, as others have pointed out, his mental state and inconsistent position placement will only hinder him. Especially on a team like the Kings where structure is needed so bad. They want him at the 3, but he's undersized (even though solid as a rock). He has the skillset of a 1, but not the mindset. Ultimately, if he plays 3, he has to stick to just driving and creating. If he starts chucking up J's and 3's, then it'll be a long season for the Kings...

Back to the thread question, if we're talking statistically, I'm going w/ OJ. If we're talking biggest impact, I'm going w/ Derozen, as I got Toronto making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    qft

The thing is, Tyreke is probably the most naturally talented player of the 3. But, as others have pointed out, his mental state and inconsistent position placement will only hinder him. Especially on a team like the Kings where structure is needed so bad. They want him at the 3, but he's undersized (even though solid as a rock). He has the skillset of a 1, but not the mindset. Ultimately, if he plays 3, he has to stick to just driving and creating. If he starts chucking up J's and 3's, then it'll be a long season for the Kings...

Back to the thread question, if we're talking statistically, I'm going w/ OJ. If we're talking biggest impact, I'm going w/ Derozen, as I got Toronto making the playoffs.
    i agree. Evans is just a 3 with a great handle. in the right situation he's a star

Oh how the mighty have fallen. I wanted all these dudes to succeed very well in the league. Honestly, it was pretty shocking to see Mayo become such a bust (compared to what he was projected to be). One of the biggest IMO. Tyreke looked so great his rookie year and we saw glimpses of what he could become, but the guy just doesn't get it. He really hasn't gotten much better than when he started. This dude had potential to dominate backcourts and be a great passer. What happened?

DeRozan doesn't really belong as far as skill level is concerned, and yet I think he might have the best year. There is something seriously wrong with this. Mayo's game just didn't translate (like Telfair) but Reke! Step up yo game!!
    Last edited by Dbrog; 10-17-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Fire Dwane Casey

I will make an avatar bet that DeRozan has the best year out of these guys. Who's in?

My order:

OJ Mayo
    Reke

Derozan

DD really hasn't improved all that much since his rookie year. Maybe he'll be better than the other two, but I doubt it.

I think OJ will have the best one. I still think he can be a star.

One player who I finally think is in the right place to shine though, is Jerryd Bayless. Watch out for him. I hope to god they don't keep playing Wayne Ellington ahead of him in the starting line up... That'll be some sad shit otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Oh how the mighty have fallen. I wanted all these dudes to succeed very well in the league. Honestly, it was pretty shocking to see Mayo become such a bust (compared to what he was projected to be). One of the biggest IMO. Tyreke looked so great his rookie year and we saw glimpses of what he could become, but the guy just doesn't get it. He really hasn't gotten much better than when he started. This dude had potential to dominate backcourts and be a great passer. What happened?

DeRozan doesn't really belong as far as skill level is concerned, and yet I think he might have the best year. There is something seriously wrong with this. Mayo's game just didn't translate (like Telfair) but Reke! Step up yo game!!
    I think you answered your own question. I honestly think his rookie year got to his head and he began to think he could become some type of dominating scoring machine or something.

He just needs to stop thinking he can drain NBA J's/3's like he can drain And1 J's/3's (he can drain those ones though...). Honestly, if he was just a drive and disher...it's scary how good he could be. But now that's Isaiah's job. My main preference would be to bring Tyreke off the bench and be the creator for the 2nd team. Kings played well when he did come off the bench last season. But...oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    I think you answered your own question. I honestly think his rookie year got to his head and he began to think he could become some type of dominating scoring machine or something.

He just needs to stop thinking he can drain NBA J's/3's like he can drain And1 J's/3's (he can drain those ones though...). Honestly, if he was just a drive and disher...it's scary how good he could be. But now that's Isaiah's job. My main preference would be to bring Tyreke off the bench and be the creator for the 2nd team. Kings played well when he did come off the bench last season. But...oh well.

He's not coming off the bench and it's not a good idea either. If they wanna do that, then they want to trade him and may as well do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    He's not coming off the bench and it's not a good idea either. If they wanna do that, then they want to trade him and may as well do so.
    How is it not a good idea? It was Tyreke's idea to come off the bench b/c he saw how well the team was doing when he was out injured and the team was better those couple of games he did come off the bench. Even he performed better.

...but I will say, I actually would prefer them to trade him than keep him.