Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chauncey Billups likely has torn achilles, may retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
    This is no way for any pro athlete to go out. Really hope for the best for Billups.

Who else think Randy Foye should start in order to keep Mo as that 6th man?
    Incorporate Bledsoe in the rotation and possibly play Butler at the 2 when needed.

Agree on all points. I think Billups will be back. Hope so.

And Mo Williams is too valuable as an almost clone of Jason Terry. Keep him there.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
    This is no way for any pro athlete to go out. Really hope for the best for Billups.

Who else think Randy Foye should start in order to keep Mo as that 6th man?
    Incorporate Bledsoe in the rotation and possibly play Butler at the 2 when needed.
    That is what's going to happen. Foye's been named starter. He put up like 16, 4 and 5 last year in about 20 games when Eric Gordon went down. So he should be adequate. The Clippers won't have trouble replacing his production with the glut of guards they have. The big problem is replacing his poise and leadership. I understand he can provide some of that from the bench but it's not the same.

Banned

A spot just opened up for JR Smith!

If Foye becomes a starter on this team we're not going to win anything.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    If Foye becomes a starter on this team we're not going to win anything.
    Yep. Foye put up decent numbers but on like 39 percent shooting as a starter on a losing team. I think its time to go after jr he has ice in his veins n when hot will help us blow teams away

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Yep. Foye put up decent numbers but on like 39 percent shooting as a starter on a losing team. I think its time to go after jr he has ice in his veins n when hot will help us blow teams away
    He's not the answer this season dude. At earliest he will likely be available in March. We can't count on him. The team needs to step up as if we AREN'T going to get help. If Foye, Bledsoe step up... we will be just fine. People act like Billups is the difference between contending and not contending .

The Clippers statistically get a lot better when Billups goes to the bench.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-07-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Best luck to Mr Bigshot, one of the greatest PGs in 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's not the answer this season dude. At earliest he will likely be available in March. We can't count on him. The team needs to step up as if we AREN'T going to get help. If Foye, Bledsoe step up... we will be just fine. People act like Billups is the difference between contending and not contending .

The Clippers statistically get a lot better when Billups goes to the bench.
    lol, yea we will see who you want more come playoff time. Billups or a couple of unproven role players. You are just trying to downplay losing him. Its a huge loss. You lose a proven vet and NBA champ. What he brings goes beyond the stat sheet. I think if Billups is trully out, this is a huge blow to the Clippers. You cant replace him with Foye and Bledsoe.

Terrible way to end.

I usually hit open layups

Terrible! I wish him the best. However, I hope the Clippers land a solid true SG.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    lol, yea we will see who you want more come playoff time. Billups or a couple of unproven role players. You are just trying to downplay losing him. Its a huge loss. You lose a proven vet and NBA champ. What he brings goes beyond the stat sheet. I think if Billups is trully out, this is a huge blow to the Clippers. You cant replace him with Foye and Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I already said it's a huge loss. It's the intangibles we lose. I just don't think people are being realistic when they say this is enough to dash a shot at deep playoff run or WCF. Without Billups this team still has a hell of a lot more than 90+ percent of the teams in the league.

We lost something that's VERY hard to replace. The poise, leadership and experience. Caron Butler was a part of a championship team, Mo Williams had a few deep playoff runs with Lebron, Kenyon was a part of deep playoff runs including finals for NJ and conference finals for Denver. CP3 has playoff experience.

We've added enough high experience guys to where the team will be able to make it without Billups. Will it be harder? Yes. Does it dash hopes? Hell no. Clippers still have a GREAT shot at a deep playoff run.

SG was actually the weak link this year. Billups is easier to replace with the bench than CP3, Butler, Griffin or DJ. When Billups go to the bench the Clippers offense skyrockets. The defense takes a small hit but nonetheless the numbers prove the team can at least survive without him.

Decent college freshman

One of my all time favorite players in sports. I would hate to see him go out like this.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

I'll never forget that spin move around halfcourt he did on CP3 when the Nuggets beat N.O. to death. That was so smooth. He just took what he wanted that game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He'll retire. He's too old to come back from that.