Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giannis

Default Re: Giannis

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Dude had his first legal drink last month. Are you seriously saying he doesn't have a ton of time to improve?
    I was clear with what I asked. How many seasons? Or will Giannis be the Greek Darius Miles where in season 7 we are still saying the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Dude had his first legal drink last month. Are you seriously saying he doesn't have a ton of time to improve?
    GOBB is just salty that Giannis > anyone on the Sixers.

Oh, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXy892notAY

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    GOBB is just salty that Giannis > anyone on the Sixers.

Oh, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXy892notAY
    Oak > Giannis, and thanks for defeating my Sixers. I would like to see them with a bottom 2 record like the Bucks 2 seasons ago.

A little did you know? If season ended today Bucks would pick 8. Not factoring in the lottery processs of course. See you there, the draft lottery that is.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Oak > Giannis, and thanks for defeating my Sixers. I would like to see them with a bottom 2 record like the Bucks 2 seasons ago.

A little did you know? If season ended today Bucks would pick 8. Not factoring in the lottery processs of course. See you there, the draft lottery that is.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill

Decent college freshman

A healthy Embiid is the only guy on the 76ers who has a higher ceiling than Giannis (and I guess arguably floor, too, if we don't factor in any injury risk). Okafor would not be drafted over Giannis if there an entire NBA re-draft. Hinkie and Colangelo would both trade Okafor for Giannis right now.

Also, it's only Giannis' third season. You expect a guy to take a leap in their 3rd or 4th season if they become a superstar. I don't think he can be the best player on a contender, but he can be the third best imo. His ceiling is a #2, though it's unclear if he gets to that level.

Agreed on the bottom 2 record thing though. 76ers badly need a top 2 pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    A healthy Embiid is the only guy on the 76ers who has a higher ceiling than Giannis (and I guess arguably floor, too, if we don't factor in any injury risk). Okafor would not be drafted over Giannis if there an entire NBA re-draft. Hinkie and Colangelo would both trade Okafor for Giannis right now.

Also, it's only Giannis' third season. You expect a guy to take a leap in their 3rd or 4th season if they become a superstar. I don't think he can be the best player on a contender, but he can be the third best imo. His ceiling is a #2, though it's unclear if he gets to that level.

Agreed on the bottom 2 record thing though. 76ers badly need a top 2 pick this year.
    I'm just trolling them.

He's the same age as the 2014 one and done guys, only 2 months older than Wiggins and younger than Randle, Embiid, etc. He's technically in his 3rd year but he's about as developed/experienced as a 2nd year player. Probably even less considering his late start and low level of competition overseas. His true breakout is gonna be next year imo.

20/11/6 tonight. The second Prunty benched our guards and ran Giannis at point forward we made a run. Idk man I think you're underselling his offensive potential. When he's playing aggressive like he has the past couple games I don't see a ceiling with him.

Decent college freshman

He's the same age as the 2014 one and done guys, only 2 months older than Wiggins and younger than Randle, Embiid, etc. He's technically in his 3rd year but he's about as developed/experienced as a 2nd year player. Probably even less considering his late start and low level of competition overseas. His true breakout is gonna be next year imo.

20/11/6 tonight. The second Prunty benched our guards and ran Giannis at point forward we made a run. Idk man I think you're underselling his offensive potential. When he's playing aggressive like he has the past couple games I don't see a ceiling with him.
    I'm not saying his age is bad thing as in I'm knocking him- I was more saying that he's 2.5 years in basically and he's already really, really good. I only directly know of one more person who's been more bullish on Giannis since pre-2013 draft than me, so I'm def high on his potential still (maybe you have been more bullish too lol but I would have taken him *really* high that draft). Even if this isn't a breakout year, which is totally might be, then like you said, he'll be even better next season. Dude's a gym rat.

If he shoots league average from 3, his ceiling is true top 5 player. I think it'll open up things even more for him if his outside shot is consistently good. He might not get there, so idk. I love it when he's aggressive- he looks totally different when he's empowered to run the show. Of course, if he's utilized correctly on a more frequent basis, everything I'm saying could be moot

Decent college freshman

I'm just trolling them.
    Ahhh ok lol. I was gonna say Giannis' trade value is sky high and he actually can produce.

I'm not saying his age is bad thing as in I'm knocking him- I was more saying that he's 2.5 years in basically and he's already really, really good. I only directly know of one more person who's been more bullish on Giannis since pre-2013 draft than me, so I'm def high on his potential still (maybe you have been more bullish too lol but I would have taken him *really* high that draft). Even if this isn't a breakout year, which is totally might be, then like you said, he'll be even better next season. Dude's a gym rat.

If he shoots league average from 3, his ceiling is true top 5 player. I think it'll open up things even more for him if his outside shot is consistently good. He might not get there, so idk. I love it when he's aggressive- he looks totally different when he's empowered to run the show. Of course, if he's utilized correctly on a more frequent basis, everything I'm saying could be moot
    The thing with Giannis that has me so excited is that he's shown the potential to do almost everything. Every move in the book, he's done it at some point and it's looked natural. Stepback, eurostep, crossover, spin move, jump hook off both wings, up and under, turnaround fadeaway, pull up, floater, etc. His ball handling and fluidity/body control at his size is crazy, his footwork in the post is really nice and he's deceptively strong down there (watch the Bulls highlights in my first post in this thread, he backs down Taj in the post like he's a little kid), and he has all the moves to get off his jumper off the dribble...just doesn't show it because the jumper isn't falling right now so he takes everything into the paint.

I don't know about top 5 player but if that jumper comes around he will be a force. That is the only thing that is holding him back right now and I'm positive it'll come around eventually. He's just kinda in a funk mentally from distance right now.

Also, don't ever take what me or GOBB say to each other seriously lol.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 01-13-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Decent college freshman

The thing with Giannis that has me so excited is that he's shown the potential to do almost everything. Every move in the book, he's done it at some point and it's looked natural. Stepback, eurostep, crossover, spin move, jump hook off both wings, up and under, turnaround fadeaway, pull up, floater, etc. His ball handling and fluidity/body control at his size is crazy, his footwork in the post is really nice and he's deceptively strong down there (watch the Bulls highlights in my first post in this thread, he backs down Taj in the post like he's a little kid), and he has all the moves to get off his jumper off the dribble...just doesn't show it because the jumper isn't falling right now so he takes everything into the paint.

I don't know about top 5 player but if that jumper comes around he will be a force. That is the only thing that is holding him back right now and I'm positive it'll come around eventually. He's just kinda in a funk mentally from distance right now.

Haha yeah I keep thinking both you guys aren't trolling.

Is Kidd keeping him from shooting 3s, the same way he did last year? Even if he shoots C&S 3s similarly to 2014-2015 Draymond, that's a plus (assuming he plays majority of his mins alongside Middleton & Parker going forward with just 1 real big man).

He's one of my fav players in the NBA and has been since he got drafted. Dude can do a lot- he just needs to master a few things and the wins will come later.

One quick question- are you cool with being in that mid lotto area this year or do you want a big playoff push? If Giannis' destiny is point forward on this team, a guy like Wade Baldwin may be a good fit on this roster if his stock keeps rising.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Sometimes I have the thought process that a gifted young player as Giannis can also become a source of not having truly a relative career.
    "He does so many things well at a young age"
    But never becomes a master at any skill.

As coaches they want to develop a player to his full potential , but like role players their impact can be greater simply by the need in which they give to the team.
    Example : Durant is a great player, but is he really a great distributor ??
    Granted he can rebound , slash and take a jumper , but can we say all of his potential was fully developed on the defensive end as well as out let passing and setting up players on a regular bases

My point on is that his development might of been truly directed to being an offensive threat to make him an elite player.
    Would I prefer Giannis to be good at everything but not necessarily be an impact player as Durant ??
    My answer is "NO"
    I think Giannis needs to define his game , and players play around him as he were to play with them.
    Many games I see stats , where he is 10-15 points 5-7 boards and those same games he appears flat or not engaged.
    Bucks center has proved in Detroit as well as in Milwaukee he can not carry a team.
    Bucks point guard is not a defender (See Gobbs trade threads) and offensively is learning to shoot at the right times in the right spots.

So IMO Giannis game needs to mold sooner than later , and have elite special skills that makes the Bucks better as well as makes the players around him better.

Millbuck said next year ---> I hope you are right , so this team can be relevant