Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Jordan Hill

Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    ahh How do you define helluva talent, again?
    1.Your leader shoots 42%, contemplated on retiring after registering all time playoff lows, had to go to Germany to get that plasma thing last summer
    2. As you whined and cried for 4 years that Fisher is the WORST starting PG, backed up by your detailed stats.
    3. YOu also proclaimed that Pau is as soft as puppy crap who grew a female reproductive anatomy.
    4. You lose your BEST 6TH man, Lamar Odom to Dallas for nothing.
    5. YOu said Steve Blake is a SCRUB!!!
    6. You starting center is one of the most selfish players around, losing his cool, getting tossed in couple of games, suspended for 5 games or simply would not hustle when he doesn'tget the ball.
    7. YOur bench is arguably the weakest in the entire league, so much so you whined about the managements' inability to sign players like Jeremy Lin..
    8. Your starting SF, Metta shot like 18 % from the 3pt area, shot like 33% from the field the first 3 months.
    See how it all works out for your argument when you basically trashed everybody from the Lakers roster not named Kobe?
    Yeah, thats helluva talent, better than the Clips with thier talent? Memphis?
    What about Boston with their big 4 who had a lower record?
    Ok I get it, you hate Mike Brown.
    A bad coach will make any team worse while a great coach will elevate a bad team or mediocre players, this is a no-brainer.
    If we had a better coach we would've had a better result.....don't embarrass yourself trying to argue against this.

The Clippers have a bad coach and a ton of injuries, Memphis had a ton of injuries, for them to have been as close to us in the standings as they were is a complete embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    A bad coach will make any team worse while a great coach will elevate a bad team or mediocre players, this is a no-brainer.
    If we had a better coach we would've had a better result.....don't embarrass yourself trying to argue against this.

The Clippers have a bad coach and a ton of injuries, Memphis had a ton of injuries, for them to have been as close to us in the standings as they were is a complete embarrassment.
    So, Mike Brown made a team whose leader shot 42%,
    -having the worst starting PG for the majority of the season,
    -a very soft PF,
    - an incredibly selfish center,
    -No Lamar Odom,
    -a struggling SF
    -weakest bench etc etc made it worse by winning a paltry 62% win/loss record, better than Boston, Clips, Memphis etc, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    So, Mike Brown made a team whose leader shot 42%,
    -having the worst starting PG for the majority of the season,
    -a very soft PF,
    - an incredibly selfish center,
    -No Lamar Odom,
    -a struggling SF
    -weakest bench etc etc made it worse by winning a paltry 62% win/loss record, better than Boston, Clips, Memphis etc, okay.
    Apparently you don't understand what a coach does......if you don't get that there is no point to continue a discussion with you.

Just a hint of 1 thing........having a good offense helps the players respect you, gives the team easy baskets and gives your star players easier scoring opportunities.......YOU'RE WELCOME .

Apparently you don't understand what a coach does......if you don't get that there is no point to continue a discussion with you.

Just a hint of 1 thing........having a good offense helps the players respect you, gives the team easy baskets and gives your star players easier scoring opportunities.......YOU'RE WELCOME .
    I think having a good coach does make an offense easier for someone to shoot better than 42%.
    But with Tam's other points, I don't see how the coach could change these. For example, When Ron was struggling, he was wide open and still missing. It is probably due to his back issues he had this season so I can't blame Ron much. He did get better during mid season after all.

Pau Gasol was soft, is still soft, and will always be soft. I can't see any coach improving that. Not at this age.

Worst starting PG for most of the season. Even you agreed Fisher was terrible. Coach couldn't bring him back to his old days.

No Lamar Odom...Him + Management. That was it. Odom was a moron, and lakers called his bluff.

Phil Jackson couldn't even stop Bynum from being selfish. He had to work around it. A selfish Bynum didn't do that bad this season either. He just has to mature more.

But with player shooting percentages, I agree with you DK. That definitely is an offense issue. I never said Brown was amazing. I think he is average. There are worse coaches than Brown. At least his defensive schemes were good. Bring in Del Negro or Scott Brooks....Del Negro had a team arguably better than the lakers. Younger, more athletic, and better role players and bench. Im surprised LAC brought him back. Scott Brooks has a bunch of young talent. Two superstars, and great role players, and Harden. If he had a losing record, I'd laugh. In my opinion, which is humble, and is not fact, I believe if you put mike brown on those teams, they do significantly better than those two coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I think having a good coach does make an offense easier for someone to shoot better than 42%.
    But with Tam's other points, I don't see how the coach could change these. For example, When Ron was struggling, he was wide open and still missing. It is probably due to his back issues he had this season so I can't blame Ron much. He did get better during mid season after all.

Pau Gasol was soft, is still soft, and will always be soft. I can't see any coach improving that. Not at this age.

Worst starting PG for most of the season. Even you agreed Fisher was terrible. Coach couldn't bring him back to his old days.

No Lamar Odom...Him + Management. That was it. Odom was a moron, and lakers called his bluff.

Phil Jackson couldn't even stop Bynum from being selfish. He had to work around it. A selfish Bynum didn't do that bad this season either. He just has to mature more.

But with player shooting percentages, I agree with you DK. That definitely is an offense issue. I never said Brown was amazing. I think he is average. There are worse coaches than Brown. At least his defensive schemes were good. Bring in Del Negro or Scott Brooks....Del Negro had a team arguably better than the lakers. Younger, more athletic, and better role players and bench. Im surprised LAC brought him back. Scott Brooks has a bunch of young talent. Two superstars, and great role players, and Harden. If he had a losing record, I'd laugh. In my opinion, which is humble, and is not fact, I believe if you put mike brown on those teams, they do significantly better than those two coaches.

Wow.....I took SO MUCH HEAT for calling Pau soft last offseason and most of this season Now it is a proven fact

The team would've done better if the bench was used properly and bad players minutes were cut. ron Shouldn't have gotten as many minutes until he proved he could cut it.......this was the time to keep Ebanks in the mix to develop him. Same goes for DFish....shouldn't have been playing more than 10 minutes per game EVER.....start Blake and give Goudelock and even Morris a chance to develop and get comfortable......this is why San Antonio is as good as they are. Goudelock is the best pure shooter on the team and he was left to rot on the bench.....this is idiotic.

I would NEVER have Pau more than 15 feet away from the basket PERIOD!!! I'm old school, I like my PF's to rebound, Pau doesn't get any rebounds if he is 20 feet out and the shot goes up.....his shooting from distance sucks too.......this is what happens when you have a horrible coach. Pau needed to work in closer range with Bynum, opposite sides of the paint, better angles etc....

The Lakers acted almost as immature as Odom. Nuff Said.

Of course Bynum needs to mature more but when everyone knows the coach is clueless, that his plays are dumb and he really doesn't know how to relate to the team....do you actually expect him to mature under those conditions??? Obviously he was worse attitude wise than he was last year.

I guarantee you that this time next year you guys will be calling brown a moron, just like you all now admit Pau is soft and done........but don't worry, I always have room for my Lakers brothers on my bandwagon

Wow.....I took SO MUCH HEAT for calling Pau soft last offseason and most of this season Now it is a proven fact

The team would've done better if the bench was used properly and bad players minutes were cut. ron Shouldn't have gotten as many minutes until he proved he could cut it.......this was the time to keep Ebanks in the mix to develop him. Same goes for DFish....shouldn't have been playing more than 10 minutes per game EVER.....start Blake and give Goudelock and even Morris a chance to develop and get comfortable......this is why San Antonio is as good as they are. Goudelock is the best pure shooter on the team and he was left to rot on the bench.....this is idiotic.

I would NEVER have Pau more than 15 feet away from the basket PERIOD!!! I'm old school, I like my PF's to rebound, Pau doesn't get any rebounds if he is 20 feet out and the shot goes up.....his shooting from distance sucks too.......this is what happens when you have a horrible coach. Pau needed to work in closer range with Bynum, opposite sides of the paint, better angles etc....

Of course Bynum needs to mature more but when everyone knows the coach is clueless, that his plays are dumb and he really doesn't know how to relate to the team....do you actually expect him to mature under those conditions??? Obviously he was worse attitude wise than he was last year.

I guarantee you that this time next year you guys will be calling brown a moron, just like you all now admit Pau is soft and done........but don't worry, I always have room for my Lakers brothers on my bandwagon
    For the record, I said "you proclaimed, Pau is soft", In a way, losing his hunger and being contended with his 2 rings is somewhat "soft"...
    Pau's first 3 yrs here, the first 2, Bynum was hardly playing, battling the likes of Nene, Duncan, Howard, Perkins etc, I felt he did a pretty good job esp with his lean physique. Yes, I wish he had that fierce attitude of a Kenyon Martin or the hustle of Noah and the built of Nene etc but he did REALLY helped the team the first 3 years and I am grateful for that.

Easy now last season I was against pau too .

I made comments that if you're getting paid 19 million, you should play well regardless of girl problems.

True professionals separate their personal life from their work. If they can't do that, they take a leave of absence.

NBA lottery pick

Easy now last season I was against pau too .

I made comments that if you're getting paid 19 million, you should play well regardless of girl problems.

True professionals separate their personal life from their work. If they can't do that, they take a leave of absence.
    As Colin Cowherd has always said (and I believe this to be true to a certain extent) there's two things in life that drive men crazy..... sports and beautiful women. Since Pau plays sports I think he suffers more from the latter. As we've all mentioned at some point, we really appreciate him for his part in two championships here. I just don't see it as a fit anymore. It's not even that he can't be productive.... it's more that this is the Lakers! He's an asset. He needs to be turned into another one. I think more from a business/winning (maybe a bit more winning, lol) perspective. Shed that contract for another player who will bring the team more equity long term. It's certainly possible since the Lakers have more profilts to do so.

NBA sixth man of the year

You guys realize that this thread is about Jordan Hill right? The last 4 pages have gone off on a tangent, I don't even think Hill's name was mentioned even once. Don't overrate Hill by adding pages to this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    You guys realize that this thread is about Jordan Hill right? The last 4 pages have gone off on a tangent, I don't even think Hill's name was mentioned even once. Don't overrate Hill by adding pages to this thread!!
    lol stuff like this happens all the time. You comment on something, it goes in a different direction. I love basketball.

lol stuff like this happens all the time. You comment on something, it goes in a different direction. I love basketball.

And does this really matter if we went off track in this thread not to me

And does this really matter if we went off track in this thread not to me
    As long as we're posting, and its interesting, we're happy, Jeff is happy, everyone is happy!