Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default do air jordan releases still draw a long line?

I would have posted this in Sneaker forum, but it's dead and this is more of a sociological question. Are people still flocking to shoe stores for these things, or has the hype died down?

I haven't ever owned a pair, but I kind of want to buy the fire red 5's when they drop in late August.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: do air jordan releases still draw a long line?

I think it depends upon the release. My little brother tried to snag a popular pair on release day a few months ago. He woke up at like, 5am, and they had the whole system set up where he was given a number and all of that. Then when it was his turn they were out of his size.

Personally, I've never lined up for any Jordans. The ones I've wanted, I've actually been able to purchase at 12:00:01 on Eastbay on day of its release.

On the topic of the shoes you desire, I love V's. They were my first pair of Jordans and I've purchased three additional V's since.

Yes dude. I rather wake up at 7 am and wait for the online release at 8 am. Unless you plan on buying a tent

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I would have posted this in Sneaker forum, but it's dead and this is more of a sociological question. Are people still flocking to shoe stores for these things, or has the hype died down?

I haven't ever owned a pair, but I kind of want to buy the fire red 5's when they drop in late August.

Bro i got those from like 2004 release the bottom turns piss yellow and now they make the bottom with this blue tint doesn't look good with the red they are nick named fire reds 5s for a reason.

and to answer your question yes people camp out still for retros like crazy so make sure u buy in the release date or you will be sorry when they sell out.

EDIT: 2006 release i meant. Oh and by the way they look better with black laces for an alternative look. Your welcome.
    Last edited by KB8tHeGrEaT; 05-18-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Yeah they draw huge lines. One time I went to Lloyd Mall here in Portland and people had broken into the mall. They were running around hiding from security just so they could get a head start when the outside doors open.

One stupid thing I did was leave when they ran out of my size. I should have bought the last pair in size 13 and sold it on Ebay.

I've never waited in a line for J's but they have been my everyday sneaker for like the last 10 years. I love em, they never go out of style. I've seen some dope fvckin pairs of shoes that people have waited in lines for, but i'm just not about that. There have been so many released that you can always find a new pair you like

This kid in one of my classes waited in line for the latest "Air Yeezys", which I thought were some nice lookin shoes, for like 2 days. Then he hardly ever wears them cause he's worried something will happen to em God forbid he ever played ball in em. I don't do that though i'm not shoe cleanliness conscious

Quote Originally Posted by KB8tHeGrEaT
    Bro i got those from like 2004 release the bottom turns piss yellow and now they make the bottom with this blue tint doesn't look good with the red they are nick named fire reds 5s for a reason.

and to answer your question yes people camp out still for retros like crazy so make sure u buy in the release date or you will be sorry when they sell out.

EDIT: 2006 release i meant. Oh and by the way they look better with black laces for an alternative look. Your welcome.
    Ah, that sucks. Good lookin out. I'll probably either get the Cement 3's coming out next week or the Grape 5's coming out in mid June.

Probably end up getting the Grape's since I'm not keen on spending $200 on a pair of white shoes that get dirtier sooner.

I don't know why the Jordan Flight Luminaries aren't more popular though. They look better than most of the Air Jordan retro designs, imo.

Price dropped to $99 too.

Last edited by HardwoodLegend; 05-18-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    There have been so many released that you can always find a new pair you like
    How do you know the sellers are legit and not pushing fakes though?

This kid in one of my classes waited in line for the latest "Air Yeezys", which I thought were some nice lookin shoes, for like 2 days. Then he hardly ever wears them cause he's worried something will happen to em God forbid he ever played ball in em. I don't do that though i'm not shoe cleanliness conscious
    LOL, sounds like me.

I'm obsessive about keeping shoes clean.

How much were those Air Yeezy's he copped?

If you press "Add to Cart" the second it releases on an online retailer, does it automatically belong to you if it goes in the cart? Or, do you have to check-out faster than someone else who may also have it in the cart?

I've never had to do this trigger-finger purchasing until now that I'm interested in Air Jordan's, lol.

NBA Superstar

If you press "Add to Cart" the second it releases on an online retailer, does it automatically belong to you if it goes in the cart? Or, do you have to check-out faster than someone else who may also have it in the cart?

I've never had to do this trigger-finger purchasing until now that I'm interested in Air Jordan's, lol.
    I've only done it twice and I wasn't exactly sure of the science/technology behind it. Both times, I clicked the minute the countdown expired and was placed in a "line", where I had to wait several minutes for my request to be processed (a website window explained as such). It worked each time, but I imagine it does not work for everyone.

No, In foot locker/eastbay its not until you actually go through the check out, same with finishline. Nike.com though holds it for you when you actually in the checking out process unlike finishline.

Been picking up Jordans since I was 9 years old, back in '94. Never waited it line. Before you didn't have to, you could go the next day and you could pick up. Hypebeast and resellers make it so hard to get shoes now. These days, ill either try my luck with raffles or I just try online at the comfort of my own home.

Some tips, follow Nike, Finishline and Eastbay on twitter. Once Saturday, 7AM comes along, they will tweet out links to the shoes. Be fast. You should already be logged into those sites and have your cc info ready if its not stored. I usually go Nike first because I like their checkout better. At the end of the day, it's all about luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Been picking up Jordans since I was 9 years old, back in '94. Never waited it line. Before you didn't have to, you could go the next day and you could pick up. Hypebeast and resellers make it so hard to get shoes now. These days, ill either try my luck with raffles or I just try online at the comfort of my own home.

Some tips, follow Nike, Finishline and Eastbay on twitter. Once Saturday, 7AM comes along, they will tweet out links to the shoes. Be fast. You should already be logged into those sites and have your cc info ready if its not stored. I usually go Nike first because I like their checkout better. At the end of the day, it's all about luck.
    Around 7AM, I will be on the sites searching for the shoes anyway, so the pages should be up by then.

I really wish they did this at 8AM PT though to make it fair for the West Coast.

Best J's ever. Can't wait for June 15th.

You ever own those, Screwston?

NBA Superstar

Best J's ever. Can't wait for June 15th.

You ever own those, Screwston?
    The three I've had over the years. I'm currently wearing the ones on top.