Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #31
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: Redskins now officially Deadskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
The person with whom I was talking felt that Beck &/or Grossman were viable options. I disagreed. I'm in agreement with you; I would have thought anyone could see that. But obviously someone didn't.

Something that is abundantly clear to everyone on the planet isn't always clear to Godzuki.

Quote:
As for clearly on the way up, the Skins beat a Giants team that entered the season as decimated with injuries as Washington is now

Umm, no. Missing a couple starters on defense isn't the same thing at all. Our list of inactives was as long as theirs for that game anyways. Hell, their DEs who filled in that game played well (3 combined sacks). Who from their top 10 offense wasn't there for that game?

Quote:
We were specifically discussing the age of the starters on either side of the ball. It's a fact that's what the topic of discussion was. You continually screaming that it wasn't doesn't change that.

Where in this thread did it become solely about the starters and also ignoring all other players on the roster like they possibly couldn't contribute? I don't see anything in his posts that says he was talking solely about the starters since it's clear that he wasn't. Why are you trying to limit it to starters anyways? If you're discussing a team and its future, then who limits the conversation solely to the current starters (also neglecting the fact that others guys could become starters later on in the season)? What's with the talk about age without anything to back it up?

Quote:
It's kind of like your comment about the BCS; you seem to have either the difficulty or unwillingness to stay on topic.

I'm talking about the Redskins, which is the topic of this thread, but it's my fault because you're all over the place.

Quote:
I haven't "dumped" on this team.

Oh really? That's funny, the parts where you're dumping all the team is really something else. I get it, apparently, I'm reading something completely different than what you posted in here. You didn't talk about about how we only 1 have standout on offense? Considering the injures that 1 might be true. How the team is ancient? You still haven't supported that with anything. How Shanny doesn't know what he's doing? What is he forcing that was working, but isn't now? Don't be fooled about how they started? Convenient you say that after all the injuries. We're headed exactly in the wrong direction? Sounds like another convenient thing to dump on an injury-ravaged team. Oh, and you didn't say anything about how we basically have no potential on the roster?

Quote:
If you as a fervent fan see that as dumping, and can't step back far enough to understand that every conversation isn't an attack, there's nothing I can do about it.

Odd, I don't remember you criticizing the team when they were leading the division. When you have nothing but negative things to say and also go overboard with those negative things, then what do you expect? Hell, you were even negative about the defense that has looked a million times better than it was last year. You seem to be more about avoiding an argument than having one, which also gives the indication that you'd rather dump on a team instead of discuss it.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #32
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why are you trying to limit it to starters anyways? If you're discussing a team and its future, then who limits the conversation solely to the current starters (also neglecting the fact that others guys could become starters later on in the season)? What's with the talk about age without anything to back it up?

As you wish.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...all-graybeards

Redskins 5th oldest team in NFL according to this.

Missing a couple starters on defense isn't the same thing at all. Our list of inactives was as long as theirs for that game anyways. Hell, their DEs who filled in that game played well (3 combined sacks). Who from their top 10 offense wasn't there for that game?

Both teams had 7 inactive players. As far as I can tell, Landry was the only Washington starter inactive. The Giants went without their two starting DE. Some might say that their backups combining for 3 sacks against Washington's starting O-line indicates Washington's O-line isn't that good.

As for who was missing from their offense, why would that matter? It's not all about starters, as you've said over and over.

Last edited by JMT : 11-01-2011 at 06:41 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
As you wish.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...all-graybeards

Redskins 5th oldest team in NFL according to this.

I've seen the list. I'm asking what the relevance is.

Quote:
The Giants went without their two starting DE. Some might say that their backups combining for 3 sacks against Washington's starting O-line indicates Washington's O-line isn't that good.

Yeah, it's not like Jason Pierre-Paul is good or anything.

Quote:
As for who was missing from their offense, why would that matter? It's not all about starters, as you've said over and over.

Yeah, missing Travis Beckum in that game was what caused them to end with a meager 14 points and a loss. It's cool if you want to throw that in there even though we're talking about 2 different things.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #34
JMT
NBA lottery pick

LOL. The relevance? You couldn't get off the importance of looking at the age of the whole roster, not just the starters...until I provided the info.

Hamstrings get sore from all that backpedaling?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

LOL, where in the hell am I backpedaling? Until you provided the info? You posted about the Redskins being one of the oldest teams in the league before I even responded to you in this thread. I keep asking you questions and to back up anything you say while all you do is avoid, but I'm the one backpedaling? Where are you going with this age thing? What's all the concern with the age of the players on the team? Are you trying to act like that means they couldn't possibly have young talent on there when it's clear they do? RBs tend to 'age' quicker than any other position, but look at the age of our RBs: 22, 25, 25, and 26. My God, ancient. Nearly 2/3rds of the roster is 27 or younger.

I forgot to add some things to my post. Jason Pierre-Paul isn't the starter when they're healthy, but you want to say someone like him doesn't matter simply because he's not the starter. And, the Giants became a top 10 offense without those guys. Beckum returning to the lineup as a back up didn't spring them up there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: