Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone here playing Sleeping Dogs?

I have a couple of mission questions.

1. There's an orange icon mission where you go to a dojo and wail on 4 different types of enemies....is this mission always open? It always seems to stay active even after I've beaten everybody up.

2. I'm doing a side mission where I have to take pictures of nature and landmarks for a t-shirt shop. I'm at the part where it asks for pictures of a sunset. I drive up to the spot and snap some pics but it never marks it as complete and I can't proceed to the next spot. Huh?

Just downloaded it last night and I'll give it a shot this evening when I get home.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22

1. There's an orange icon mission where you go to a dojo and wail on 4 different types of enemies....is this mission always open? It always seems to stay active even after I've beaten everybody up.

2. I'm doing a side mission where I have to take pictures of nature and landmarks for a t-shirt shop. I'm at the part where it asks for pictures of a sunset. I drive up to the spot and snap some pics but it never marks it as complete and I can't proceed to the next spot. Huh?

Those orange fighting missions are like fighting pits where you really just fight to win money I think. I don't think they're gonna go away. I've done a couple and they're not going anywhere, and the other orange stuff also marks things that appear to be going anywhere that I think are there to earn money, they're the Cockfighting thing, which was horribly boring, and there are a couple of Gambling Dens out on the water, which I've been unable to access at this point, but I have been out to one of them. So I think that's why they're color coded that way.
    I will say I haven't seen one in a dojo yet though. There is one right next to a dojo however, and I wonder if you went into the dojo instead of the fight pit. The first fight pit I did had 6 levels where they just kept throwing more guys at you. I beat that, then lost one, and then beat a third one so far.

I did that picture mission. Make sure you're standing in the spot marked by light is the only thing I can think of. There were only two spots that I can recall. The temple first, then the sunset. Maybe you're parked on the light shaft where you should be standing?

just grabbed it, will post impressions later

just started. so far so good.

was trying to chase down this nice car and I think i held A and back on the joystick (on a motorcycle) and a prompt came up to press Y, dude jumps OFF THE BIKE and ON TO THE OTHER CAR. insane.

fighting is a bit clunky, reminds me of arkham city fighting but you have to be careful not to get into any long combos or it's impossible to counter other attackers

not much else to say right now, will update later

1 - Orange items are events (fight club, racing, stealing cars, jacking armored trucks). They are always open but I think you get a costume from each of the 4 and an achievement/trophy when you clear them all. You can always go back though.

2 - That mission was pretty straightforward to me so I dunno

PS: I am this close to getting face lvl 6 and I can finally rock that nice white suit

i'll try go back and do that mission but im pretty sure you take a pic of the sunset and then some drunk guy poses and you have to beat him up so you can get a good pic. after that you take the pic and go back to the woman

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Beat it yesterday. It's a really good game, even though it's a blatant GTA clone, some aspects were actually better. Good thrilling story, well-balanced gameplay, great fighting system, easy and fun driving handles. This is like the missing link between GTA and Saints Row (SR is way more over the top, and although it's fun, it's just such a fugly game overall). Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

I think it's MUCH better than GTA. Wei is a much better main character and the basic game mechanics are actually FUN

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I like it better than GTA because it presents a fresh environment. That

Damn you people must have entered the video game world a few years ago, why is GTA synonymous with GTA 4? When I think of GTA I don't even think of GTA 4, it's either vanilla GTA III or Vice City or San Andreas.
    When I say it's a mash up of GTA and Yakuza (the game) it is what it is no need to get defensive tell me how it is not? They borrowed from Max Payne and Puisher (the game) too to make shit more interesting but its still an average game that aint worth paying for.
    Seriously it's been made for teenagers, look at the size of every mobster in the game, its like everyone has been working out their whole life all ripped and toned they look more like Jersey Shore cast than gangsters

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Damn you people must have entered the video game world a few years ago, why is GTA synonymous with GTA 4? When I think of GTA I don't even think of GTA 4, it's either vanilla GTA III or Vice City or San Andreas.
    When I say it's a mash up of GTA and Yakuza (the game) it is what it is no need to get defensive tell me how it is not? They borrowed from Max Payne and Puisher (the game) too to make shit more interesting but its still an average game that aint worth paying for.
    Seriously it's been made for teenagers, look at the size of every mobster in the game, its like everyone has been working out their whole life all ripped and toned they look more like Jersey Shore cast than gangsters
    No one has told you it's not. Everyone says its like GTA. You just don't like it. We get it. Note everyone else does and that your opinion has been noted. Should we all return it?

Your last comment is totally asinine btw. That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    i dont even get what you're mad at? are you mad that they ripped off other games or that dudes are more ripped than you in Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    i dont even get what you're mad at? are you mad that they ripped off other games or that dudes are more ripped than you in Hong Kong?
    I wonder if when he watches a movie and all the girls are hotter than real life if he gets mad too or is it just video games which irk him.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

This is how you're supposed to rip off video games. Take the good parts of a bunch of games. The Batman combat system. The GTA story telling and open map layout, and frankly everything else. Pick a little of the bullet time element for your shooting mechanism. Throw in a couple good ideas of your own, like the action carjackings which are great.

It's certainly the best of the GTA knock offs. Mafia was awfull for example. Just a dead world.