Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Sons Of Anarchy Season 6 (Spoiler Alert)

Can't believe this hasn't been discussed, but Clay is finally dead

Simultaneously satisfying and disappointing. I feel like he should have been killed when he was trying to get back at Jax/the club or something, rather than when he was easing a transition for them. Also, they should have saved his death for some climatic season finale.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Can't believe this hasn't been discussed, but Clay is finally dead

Simultaneously satisfying and disappointing. I feel like he should have been killed when he was trying to get back at Jax/the club or something, rather than when he was easing a transition for them. Also, they should have saved his death for some climatic season finale.
    Holy shit! pretty crazy episode. I knew Galen was dead as soon as he reached out to shake Jax's hands. I think they got rid of Clay because they didn't know what to do with him. He was just hanging around in jail not really part of the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Holy shit! pretty crazy episode. I knew Galen was dead as soon as he reached out to shake Jax's hands. I think they got rid of Clay because they didn't know what to do with him. He was just hanging around in jail not really part of the main story.
    Yeah, he kind of became the new Otto. Still, they could have done the break out, had him become the gun runner, but have him still have a vendetta with Jax. There is only one more season, so I think the final season should have come down to them being in rival clubs with a game of cat and mouse. They could have ended the series with Jax sacrificing himself to take out Clay for the benefit of his family and the club getting out of illegal guns. That still may happen, but not against Clay who was kind of the main villain of the series. I also don't like that Clay went out when he was actually starting to redeem himself rather than being out for vengeance.

shhhhhhh

I like how things have unfolded didn't see Clay's death coming, like Myth above I thought he'd evolve in to the new "Otto" in prison. I had some mental picture of Clay sitting in a cell with an eye patch as the scene fades to black as the season ended

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I like how things have unfolded didn't see Clay's death coming, like Myth above I thought he'd evolve in to the new "Otto" in prison. I had some mental picture of Clay sitting in a cell with an eye patch as the scene fades to black as the season ended
    I thought he had already become the new Otto. He received some torture while he was able to do stuff from the inside. I didn't think that would continue though.

shhhhhhh

I thought he had already become the new Otto. He received some torture while he was able to do stuff from the inside. I didn't think that would continue though.
    I still felt he had a way to go to becoming Otto. Otto was a fu*king mess...lol Oh well not gonna happen now

All we got now to work out is Tara and the guns.

Very good NBA starter

Yeah, he kind of became the new Otto. Still, they could have done the break out, had him become the gun runner, but have him still have a vendetta with Jax. There is only one more season, so I think the final season should have come down to them being in rival clubs with a game of cat and mouse. They could have ended the series with Jax sacrificing himself to take out Clay for the benefit of his family and the club getting out of illegal guns. That still may happen, but not against Clay who was kind of the main villain of the series. I also don't like that Clay went out when he was actually starting to redeem himself rather than being out for vengeance.
    Interesting that you saw him as the new Otto. I never really saw him as that I know Clay was always on borrowed time, considering the only reason he was alive was because of Augustus Marks. I just don't see how they could have kept him in the story without being more involved in the club. You think they'd be a bigger build up but I guess they were going for the surprise factor like Opie's death which was more of a WTF. Clay had his coming for the longest time. I think the fact that the guy who plays Toric had to bail on the part screwed up everything the writers had been planning.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The timing of it even in the episode was weird. They did it and I thought it was over and looked up and there was a half hour left.

I get the idea that his story had stalled, but it's a shame the character died effectively as a means of resolving yet another elaborate and wtf-ish plot mechanism. I like the show, but man does it sometimes feel like all they do is paint into corners then pull a magic trick to write out of it. Clay deserved more of an emotional send off. Even the slow way they explained everyone knowing it was coming, and it being used as a "play", sacking all the heinous emotion out that shoulda been there for Piney and Opie and everything else.

Honestly all the plotting and scheming and deal making has gotten too much.

I do think with Clay out of the picture they've set up the final season to really dive into Gamma vs. Jax and really dig into her sins.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I think the fact that the guy who plays Toric had to bail on the part screwed up everything the writers had been planning.
    I was fine with that. He was the worst character the show has ever had IMO. He was SOA's Governor.

Holy f*cking shit. Now that is how you end a season.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

That was what, like a 20 hour season in "13" episodes? That's an entire West Wing season. Jesus Christ, there's nobody in the writer's room that has the authority to say HEY ENOUGH MONTAGES TO SHITTY COVERS?

But hey, we killed a main character, so you gotta come back! Promise to give you Jax with his shirt off every other episode you housewives out there! This is the sloppiest shit ever. Keep slapping shit together that is massively incongruent with everything in the season prior in the last two episodes Sutter.

This show is not any good anymore and hasn't been for a longwhile. I gotta get an old lady so I don't have so much free time. A hobby, take up woodworking or something. Garbage like this gets great ratings while no one knows what Masters of Sex even is.

Talking Re: Sons Of Anarchy Season 6 (Spoiler Alert)

That was brutal

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Sutter is a ****ing idiot and he does it on purpose cause he's a prick in real life. Killing Tara means what?? Means that Jax is now going to kill his Mom? So while he rots in jail or is possibly killed himself, his poor kids no longer have a mother, a father, a grandmother, and then will be stuck with that junkie bitch as their foster mom. Great story.

Not all stories have happy endings, Jax has done a lot of dirt himself, and karma was coming. Even Nero hinted at it... Tara dying was horrible, even though she asked for it I felt bad, it was shocking, but I can't say I was surprised. I had a feeling that she would go out at the hands of Gemma. Couldn't see Jax being in jail for the for the final season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Sutter is a ****ing idiot and he does it on purpose cause he's a prick in real life. Killing Tara means what?? Means that Jax is now going to kill his Mom? So while he rots in jail or is possibly killed himself, his poor kids no longer have a mother, a father, a grandmother, and then will be stuck with that junkie bitch as their foster mom. Great story.
    Maybe he'll disown his mother, but choose to not kill her with that being the true sign that he is leaving the life of violence. Though I hope he kills her. She now killed his wife and was partially responsible for the death of his father.