Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-27-2017, 04:52 AM   #1
ROCSteady
One of One

Default RIP Sean Taylor...10 year Anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKuUH5TjJzk

Ten years to the date, in the early hours of Nov. 27th, Sean Taylor passed away from sustaining too much blood loss via the femoral artery from a gun shot during a home invasion.

He went out protecting his family; wielding a machete to a street cretin who did not know he was home recovering from an injury.

Look, I'm over it. Been over it, it was pretty upsetting to me personally at the time and although I didn't know the man on that level, I do have a fond memory of briefly chatting with him after a primetime Dallas game. But I still honor the dude within my own goals and passions.

Just wanted to pay homage to perhaps the most gifted safety to ever play football. I watched dude up close and personal all those years, lucky enough to be able to attend every home game that fateful 2007 season.

to a real man who went out protecting his family from the shit of this world.

No doubt he was a Hall of Famer and may have went down as the Best to ever play the position with Ed Reed. Earl Thomas is the best FS since, Eric Berry reminded me of him in college, Bob Sanders had a decent run but these guys simply could not compare to ST21.

Combine Earl's ball hawking instincts and Kam Chancellor's physical run stuffing and you get Sean Taylor.

Here's a piece I wrote a few years back, a way to cathartically purge that bad energy of my Redskins fandom.

http://freshcutroc.squarespace.com/new-page-2/

10 years, we still miss you in Redskins land despite most of us healing many years ago.

I was delighted to see his small daughter, Jackie, accept the University of Miami Ring of Fame induction in his honor.

Sean Taylor- never will another come along! Thanks for the brief but powerful memories.

ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: