Default Re: Lebron James first game: Throwback

who knew at the time one day this guy would be able to go 2 for 5

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I found LeBron so easy to root for when he first came into the league. A lot has changed since then.

Kings

NBA All-star

Might be the only SF who can also play the C position.

his skillset is so unique in how he transformed himself.

I don't see him playing the high post, although he can if he decided to spent 1 or 2 offseason working on it. But Pau can play the high post as it is.

I don't think there's really any Center that can guard him down low in terms of being a mobile big and not your traditional post up big.

He can get his buckets ala Bill Russell style, but he also has the ability to punish his opponent on any mismatch.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team beast up in defensive rating even with Lebron playing the Center position, as long as there are length around him.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

National High School Star

That's still better than 99% of the league Successful career

4 straight finals appearances, 1 in which he was part of the worst team to ever be in a NBA Finals, 2 championships/2 fmvps..... is only a compliment.... sorry, but 2-2 is not better than 2-5.... its not more prestigious to lose earlier than Finals and/or even miss the playoffs completely... you want to fight as hard as you can until the very end, no matter the odds... not quit/choke before Finals, just so you can keep your "X out of X in Finals" stat more nifty....

Anyways, it was a good debut game obviously, he started Point-Guard that game and i really thought he was gona stay there full-time, got those Penny Hardaway vibes watching him, it really was and it still is his natural position based on his offensive mindset/instincts and skillset, his vision/passing was the biggest thing talked about, scouts even then said that only 2-4 guys during that time had the same vision & passing.... but he is an all-time great scorer aswell, playing PG would limit that ability so point-forward was a good deal where he could choose to do whatever he wanted...
    Last edited by pauk; 07-06-2014 at 05:23 AM.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    4 straight finals appearances, 1 in which he was part of the worst team to ever be in a NBA Finals, 2 championships/2 fmvps..... is only a compliment.... sorry, but 2-2 is not better than 2-5....

Anyways, it was a good debut game obviously, he started Point-Guard that game and i really thought he was gona stay there full-time, got those Penny Hardaway vibes watching him, it really was and it still is his natural position based on his offensive mindset/instincts and skillset, his vision/passing was the biggest thing talked about, scouts even then said that only 2-4 guys during that time had the same vision & passing.... but he is an all-time great scorer aswell, playing PG would limit that ability so point-forward was a good deal where he could choose to do whatever he wanted...
    not many players in this league can ever get as strong as he does.

I mean, I think he can develope into a Malone type power-forward as he ages. But he's still got the athleticism to really be in control of the paint before he hands that role to a younger fella.

it's not easy winning championships.