Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #16
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Argentina won the Olympics, this is the World Championship. More teams and supposebly it's more competetive, so it's a new ballgame now.

Wouldn't it be more competitive in the olympics since it's the teams that qualified? We got teams like Nigeria and NZ(No offense Ced) participating that are below mediocre.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #17
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Havent been paying too much attention to the games.....Playing times are strange.....

Highlights look good tho.....Carmelo seems to be taking the lead....

keep up the good work...

Yup, fans need to give him more props. He is playing some damn good basketball being on the same team as Bron/Wade, two players many say are clearly better then him. He's showing they may be better but the margin aint that great. Looks like he lost a few pounds also.

You gotta catch a game...peep how this team just toys with competition.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #18
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Argentina won the Olympics, this is the World Championship. More teams and supposebly it's more competetive, so it's a new ballgame now.

Olympics >>>>>> World Championships Basketball

World Cup >>>>>> Olympics Soccer

Clear enough for you?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Wouldn't it be more competitive in the olympics since it's the teams that qualified? We got teams like Nigeria and NZ(No offense Ced) participating that are below mediocre.

No. the World Championships are considered much more prestigious of a basketball competition than the Olympics. Also, the WC has 24 teams while the Olympics only have 12. Also, good international teams like Argentina, Spain, etc tend to put much more emphasis on the WC. So basically, even though there are some lousy teams, the competition is much longer and single-elimination rounds are very competitive.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #20
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
No. the World Championships are considered much more prestigious of a basketball competition than the Olympics. Also, the WC has 24 teams while the Olympics only have 12. Also, good international teams like Argentina, Spain, etc tend to put much more emphasis on the WC. So basically, even though there are some lousy teams, the competition is much longer and single-elimination rounds are very competitive.

Oh,alright. Got it.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #21
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Jsub read AppleNaders post and then delete your recent posts. You're all wrong but getting you to see it and admit to it? Will be a great task.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #22
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Jsub read AppleNaders post and then delete your recent posts. You're all wrong but getting you to see it and admit to it? Will be a great task.

If we're going to consider the World Championships more prestigious that the Olympics, that still doesnt make Team USA the best. Serbia would be the defending champion then. You have to validate your self-proclaimed status by bringing the goods. Until they win it again, you cannot make statements like that. Thus I will not change a thing I wrote.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #23
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
we're dominating teams and we are the best

Calm down.

USA won against China, Slovenia and Puerto Rico.

There is a long road ahead.

Quote:
Wade's dunk and salute was amazing.

Yup, one of the best dunks I have ever seen.

BTW: Why are you using (at least) two nicknames at the same time? Do you have a splitted personality?
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #24
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
BTW: Why are you using (at least) two nicknames at the same time? Do you have a splitted personality?

Other user name got banned. So i created a new one and wanted to see if i typed the same way on a new username without people know it was GoBB what would the replies be. People (mostly the idiots) acted different. Then when i let the cat out of the bag they switched like a biiitch in high heels and started reacting differently to the things i post. It went from "Yeah voice of reason true. I understand you.", "I disagree but you made great points" to "No ne likes you!", "Your stupid shut up", "Who cares leave", "No your argument is crap!". But I'm gonna switch back to GOBB if its unbanned.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #25
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

"if you look at somebody watching tv, they look like a Zombie!"
If you stared at a painting youd look like a zombie too....but I know what you mean.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #26
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Other user name got banned. So i created a new one and wanted to see if i typed the same way on a new username without people know it was GoBB what would the replies be. People (mostly the idiots) acted different. Then when i let the cat out of the bag they switched like a biiitch in high heels and started reacting differently to the things i post. It went from "Yeah voice of reason true. I understand you.", "I disagree but you made great points" to "No ne likes you!", "Your stupid shut up", "Who cares leave", "No your argument is crap!". But I'm gonna switch back to GOBB if its unbanned.

No GoBB, you didnt make a new username to get a reaction out of people. You made it because you cant LIVE without posting on ISH. If you were banned for life from ISH, you'd dunk your head and drown yourself in a toilet. 10 minutes without ISH for you is like 10 minutes for a fish out of water. Just admit it, we all know its true.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: