Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #16
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Argentina won the Olympics, this is the World Championship. More teams and supposebly it's more competetive, so it's a new ballgame now.

Wouldn't it be more competitive in the olympics since it's the teams that qualified? We got teams like Nigeria and NZ(No offense Ced) participating that are below mediocre.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #17
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Havent been paying too much attention to the games.....Playing times are strange.....

Highlights look good tho.....Carmelo seems to be taking the lead....

keep up the good work...

Yup, fans need to give him more props. He is playing some damn good basketball being on the same team as Bron/Wade, two players many say are clearly better then him. He's showing they may be better but the margin aint that great. Looks like he lost a few pounds also.

You gotta catch a game...peep how this team just toys with competition.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #18
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Argentina won the Olympics, this is the World Championship. More teams and supposebly it's more competetive, so it's a new ballgame now.

Olympics >>>>>> World Championships Basketball

World Cup >>>>>> Olympics Soccer


Clear enough for you?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Wouldn't it be more competitive in the olympics since it's the teams that qualified? We got teams like Nigeria and NZ(No offense Ced) participating that are below mediocre.

No. the World Championships are considered much more prestigious of a basketball competition than the Olympics. Also, the WC has 24 teams while the Olympics only have 12. Also, good international teams like Argentina, Spain, etc tend to put much more emphasis on the WC. So basically, even though there are some lousy teams, the competition is much longer and single-elimination rounds are very competitive.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #20
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
No. the World Championships are considered much more prestigious of a basketball competition than the Olympics. Also, the WC has 24 teams while the Olympics only have 12. Also, good international teams like Argentina, Spain, etc tend to put much more emphasis on the WC. So basically, even though there are some lousy teams, the competition is much longer and single-elimination rounds are very competitive.

Oh,alright. Got it.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #21
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Jsub read AppleNaders post and then delete your recent posts. You're all wrong but getting you to see it and admit to it? Will be a great task.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #22
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Jsub read AppleNaders post and then delete your recent posts. You're all wrong but getting you to see it and admit to it? Will be a great task.

If we're going to consider the World Championships more prestigious that the Olympics, that still doesnt make Team USA the best. Serbia would be the defending champion then. You have to validate your self-proclaimed status by bringing the goods. Until they win it again, you cannot make statements like that. Thus I will not change a thing I wrote.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #23
sixty
Good High School Starter
 
sixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Slovenia, Europe
Posts: 484
sixty has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
we're dominating teams and we are the best

Calm down.

USA won against China, Slovenia and Puerto Rico.

There is a long road ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Wade's dunk and salute was amazing.

Yup, one of the best dunks I have ever seen.

BTW: Why are you using (at least) two nicknames at the same time? Do you have a splitted personality?
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #24
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
BTW: Why are you using (at least) two nicknames at the same time? Do you have a splitted personality?


Other user name got banned. So i created a new one and wanted to see if i typed the same way on a new username without people know it was GoBB what would the replies be. People (mostly the idiots) acted different. Then when i let the cat out of the bag they switched like a biiitch in high heels and started reacting differently to the things i post. It went from "Yeah voice of reason true. I understand you.", "I disagree but you made great points" to "No ne likes you!", "Your stupid shut up", "Who cares leave", "No your argument is crap!". But I'm gonna switch back to GOBB if its unbanned.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #25
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.
 
305Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 6,316
305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default

"if you look at somebody watching tv, they look like a Zombie!"
If you stared at a painting youd look like a zombie too....but I know what you mean.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #26
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Other user name got banned. So i created a new one and wanted to see if i typed the same way on a new username without people know it was GoBB what would the replies be. People (mostly the idiots) acted different. Then when i let the cat out of the bag they switched like a biiitch in high heels and started reacting differently to the things i post. It went from "Yeah voice of reason true. I understand you.", "I disagree but you made great points" to "No ne likes you!", "Your stupid shut up", "Who cares leave", "No your argument is crap!". But I'm gonna switch back to GOBB if its unbanned.

No GoBB, you didnt make a new username to get a reaction out of people. You made it because you cant LIVE without posting on ISH. If you were banned for life from ISH, you'd dunk your head and drown yourself in a toilet. 10 minutes without ISH for you is like 10 minutes for a fish out of water. Just admit it, we all know its true.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy