Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

The Spurs nearly made the NBA finals last season so I don't see why anyone would be surprised if they won the championship this season. They were close last season and have improved a bit this season so its certainly reasonable to suggest. Furthermore, one of their main competitors is weaker this season in the west.

I understand the Spurs are held to a higher standard then most NBA teams because they have won championships with the core of this roster in the past but its foolish to dismiss them outright simply because they haven't matched that success in a while. It's not like they have missed the playoffs the past few years or even done poorly in them. They are threat to win it all, even if they aren't outright favorites.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ak47buffalo
    The Spurs nearly made the NBA finals last season so I don't see why anyone would be surprised if they won the championship this season. They were close last season and have improved a bit this season so its certainly reasonable to suggest. Furthermore, one of their main competitors is weaker this season in the west.

I understand the Spurs are held to a higher standard then most NBA teams because they have won championships with the core of this roster in the past but its foolish to dismiss them outright simply because they haven't matched that success in a while. It's not like they have missed the playoffs the past few years or even done poorly in them. They are threat to win it all, even if they aren't outright favorites.
    Hi, you seem new. This kind of post isn't acceptable in ISH. Making good, rational points without overreacting is forbidden here. Go take that shit to realgm.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ak47buffalo

Umm... The Spurs outside of last season were knocked out of the first round my Memphis and swept by the Suns in the second round. Your statement is not entirely accurate. There were factors that lead to the losses (injuries, RJ sucking), but they were clearly not good series by SA.

But that was then and this is now. If the Spurs make it to the Finals they have a good chance, because, well, the Spurs have never lost in the Finals and I don't think they'd squander it... Unless Lebron goes all Lebron on everybody.

I agree that every contender has a "puncher's chance".

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease obonpaxis's Avatar

Easy to sleep on (again) because they didn't make any big roster changes, their aging core is one year older, and they got waxed by OKC last year after reeling off that streak. Their team defense, while not where it was during their chip seasons, is much improved from last year.

Other than the Spurs, every real contender in the West is slightly weaker than last year, including the team that took them out in the playoffs. Whoever comes out of the West is going to be underdog facing the Heat, but Spurs are second-best team in the league right now.

SAS is a reg season team. They playing their balls off while actual contenders coasting to the playoffs.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    SAS is a reg season team. They playing their balls off while actual contenders coasting to the playoffs.
    Duncan has missed about ten games. Parker has missed games. Manu has been out. They rest players whenever they want. I don't think that is a team that is playing their balls off. They win games by playing team ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

I love to see the Heat beat Spurs in the finals, but I think the Thunder or the Grizzlies will beat this team again in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I love to see the Heat beat Spurs in the finals, but I think the Thunder or the Grizzlies will beat this team again in the playoffs.
    Do you have any reason to support this claim, other than the fact that it happened in 2011 and 2012? If not...

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    11 Straight 50 win seasons
    15 straight 50 win seasons

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Lad

I fall asleep every time i watch Miami and their ugly ISO style tbh.