Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Kerr

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Steve Kerr

This guy has the potential to transform Golden State into true title contenders, just by listening to this guy on TNT for years it's obvious he knows his basketball and he did a solid job as a GM for Phoenix (excluding that awful Shaq for Marion trade), there is a reason why Phil Jackson wanted this guy so bad. A guy who routinely yells "Hand down, man down. Mama there goes that man" like a mad man got this team to the playoffs back to back years, now imagine what Kerr can do.

Default Re: Steve Kerr

This team is Mark Jackson's baby.

The young Warriors are gonna naturally get better as they're growing and maturing. Not sure how much credit you can give to Steve Kerr.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Are you telling me that if Lakers hired Kerr instead maybe they would be 5-0 by now?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

The young Warriors are gonna naturally get better as they're growing and maturing. Not sure how much credit you can give to Steve Kerr.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Mark Jackson was screwed.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Kerr is pretty smart. I would do the same if I was him. Wait for the right opportunity to coach an "already" playoffs team then jump ship.

19-2

Serious playground baller

You forgot to Mention Steve Kerr has now become, a rookie coach with the best start to an NBA season. 19-2 Go Dubs!!!

No, it's a quality collection of talent. With a more mature, intelligent coach now at the helm.

LMAO @ your oversensitivity to defend a dumb "brother" head coach.

You say how can you give much credit to Kerr, then call this Mark Jackson's baby when the team performed well ... never THIS well for him. They probably won IN SPITE of Mark Jackson. Now they're headed to another level. He's not even there, so how is it his baby?

You and your black agenda all the time. Kerr is a smarter man. Clearly.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Yes.

“I don’t think it’s so much a physical thing, for me it’s a big mental thing,” Bogut said on Tuesday. “Having a coach that has the confidence in me, even with the scorers in Steph (Curry) and Klay (Thompson), to say, ‘We want you to be aggressive and look for your own shot’, it does wonders for my game. […] It’s huge, I’m a huge confidence player and I think Steve Kerr’s been unbelievable so far.”

“They’re running me in the high post a lot more and utilising my passing and it’s been great so far. Steve Kerr’s turned around my career and getting me back involved offensively, too, helps.

“He’s adapted (multiple championship-winning coaches) Gregg Popovich and Phil Jackson and taken the best of all those guys and he continues to learn,” the 30-year-old said of Kerr. […] I think guys are starting to feed off that, he’s a very fair coach, he’s not a negative guy, he’s just got a positive vibe about him to be around every day and I’ve really enjoyed working with him so far and I think it will only get better.” - Andrew Bogut

Suddenly got reminded of Rick Carlisle's Pistons and how much praise Larry Brown gave Rick after the Pistons won the championship with him at the helm. He thanked him for putting the Pistons together.

Steve Kerr: the Jon Gruden to Mark Jackson's Tony Dungy?

NBA Superstar

you could tell from the get go that kerr wanted to be popovich 2.0. I wish OKC would have pulled the trigger on firing brooks and just got kerr.

you gotta take risks to win championships god dammit. sitting with brooks as the HC sucks dick.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Steve Kerr: the Jon Gruden to Mark Jackson's Tony Dungy?
    Lmao thats a good analogy.