Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Gotta get this. Can't believe I didn't preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Did anyone pick up at midnight last night? I'm getting mine on the way home tonight.
    I did, game is sick so far. Think im on Chp. 8.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I just paused starting Chapter 5.

A lot of tutorial / backstory so far. All well worth it.

This isn't a knock, because I consider Uncharted a shooter / platformer (not a brawler), but doing that opening fight scene after playing Batman for the past few weeks felt weird. That combat system in Batman is rediculously smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I just paused starting Chapter 5.

A lot of tutorial / backstory so far. All well worth it.

This isn't a knock, because I consider Uncharted a shooter / platformer (not a brawler), but doing that opening fight scene after playing Batman for the past few weeks felt weird. That combat system in Batman is rediculously smooth.
    Well yeah you could say that, the hand combat in this game is definitely more polished than the 2nd one though.

SPOILERS FOR SOME-

Also I Enjoyed the part where your getting chased on top of houses as teen Drake.
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 11-01-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Got a notice of delivery in my mail-box today.
    Going to go pick it up from the post-office before going into work, will probably only have a couple of hours tomorrow after work to play it though.

Will finish it by the end of the weekend and will post my own personal review following the game-through.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

i picked the game at the midnight release, but didn't play until this afternoon. Im up to Chapter 9.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Well yeah you could say that, the hand combat in this game is definitely more polished than the 2nd one though.

SPOILERS FOR SOME-

Also I Enjoyed the part where your getting chased on top of houses as teen Drake.

I agree, and again, it's not a criticism exactly. And this game has a lot of things that are much better than Batman. It's just that I just finished Batman literally the night before, then jumped into this, which opened with an extended hand to hand sequence.

The Teen Drake stuff was awesome. I think this story is gonna be even better than the previous two.

played for about an hour and half-two hours last night and apparently i'm blazing through this game as i'm already about 25% done on normal...

pretty awesome though.

Im on chapter 15, the game seems like its gonna be shorter than the previous ones.

After the first five chapters, I can seriously say this game isn't even better then Drake's Fortune let alone Among Thieves. Of course, it's just my early critique. I did hear that the game picks up considerably after Chapter 10. So I will write my full review once I completed the entire campaign.

The graphics are flawless however; most definitely the best this generation has to offer to date. The melee system is a nice addition, but is quite tedious. It would have been much better if ND didn't force it upon us.

Cons: Aiming, Mechanical Movement, Camera View, AI, Aiming Stance (omitted) and Enemies lack of response to getting shot.

As you can see, the game-play suffers. Hopefully my early negative opinion can be off-set by the later chapters, because right now I wouldn't give this game more then 7/10.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

I'm a little further than you. I just finished chapter 15 I believe.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and the last game is on my short list for favorite all time.

Right now I'd say I'm mildly disappointed. I'm not digging the hand to hand. Once you get into it, you sort of get stuck in it when you may have someone shooting at you.

And again, that's not what this game is about. But it is an issue. And then on top of that, the things this game is about, the major set pieces, and exploring things you otherwise wouldn't ever see, were a little bit in short supply early on. Although I just did the whole boat yard, inverted boat level which really has been the high point so far.

Also, I'd say the puzzling has been better so far in this one. A little more complex and thoughtfull.

I have liked the backstory playing out.

I've enjoyed it immensely, but I have been a touch disappointed. It's not as good as Batman was if I had to pick a GOTY at this point.

And again, I may change my mind as I finish it, but I'm more than half way there, so I'm pretty comfortable in my opinion.

My impressions are changing rapidly. I just finished Chapter 13; and the game definitely gets better starting at Chapter 6. The chapters are a lot longer, puzzles are intricate and the set-pieces are incredible. I can not believe how much better the graphics are compared to Uncharted 2. The story is more mature and therefore better. I like the villains a lot more; especially Talbot, who seems very ambigious. That scene where he disappears (just after shooting Charlie with his tranquilizer gun) was really awesome.

It seems like the shooting somehow became a non-issue when I started the graveyard level (Chapter 12), but maybe I am just used to it now. The chapter where you're chasing Talbot was probably my favorite part of the game so far; that was just an andrenaline ride. I can not believe how long the chase lasted. Heck, Chapters 8-13 were incredible and easily rival anything Uncharted 2 had to offer; however, as I've alreay said, the game-play suffers. I am looking forward to playing the last nine chapters. I am on the cruise ship chapter, and from what I've heard; all the best parts of the game are still to come.

Game has definitely changed my preliminary impressions.

Great game, great presentation, great story.

But it seemed too short for me. Also it seemed like there were less puzzles and thinking involved compared to #2. More shootouts. At the same time, all of the chases and the scenes of young Nate were amazing.

Still a good experience and worth the money. I just wished the game was a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloMike
    Great game, great presentation, great story.

But it seemed too short for me. Also it seemed like there were less puzzles and thinking involved compared to #2. More shootouts. At the same time, all of the chases and the scenes of young Nate were amazing.

Still a good experience and worth the money. I just wished the game was a bit longer.

I kind of felt like the puzzling was better in this than two so far. Particularly the shadow puzzle and the gear puzzle.