Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Re: Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

Griffin is improving. With such a stacked team he's no longer the #1 option. He played hurt during that Spurs series. He's playing hurt right now (elbow, bursitis) and that could be the reason he's tentative to start the season. He's really good. Better than most of the big men in the league. His mid range is improving and it will get there. His defense has improved. He has post moves. He's getting there. I agree that sometimes the team goes away from him and just starts shooting too much. He's an excellent passer most of the time and has a knack for finding the open man. So they should utilize him more. Not just at the beginning of the game and the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Griffin also spends too much time outside and that hurts his rebounding numbers.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    How come that team on paper is so dominant but isn't getting it done so far this season? I was actually pleasantly surprised by Deandre and Blake's moves in the post last game against the Cavs (ambidextrous hook shot anyone!?) - with those kind of weapons in the front court and CP3's backcourt + that teams 6th man... I mean damn, lots of potential but they don't even seem to be trying to gel wtf is wrong with them right now? A loss isn't a big deal but I just didn't see any effort, only frustration and disinterest. Maybe some internal lockerroom issues a-la Kobe/Shaq feud? I heard Blake does not like Cp3's playing style
    Where do I start? Coaching and rotations are still atrocious. Like others have said the team acts entitled like they have done something, crying to refs, not playing hard etc. No direction or identity with Vinny. Chris Paul seems to be allergic to shooting and feeding Blake and Blake seems to have the confidence of Kwame Brown. Still good enough to get to second round but I've had to drop my expectations a ton last few days.

The Clippers have zero shot at WCF for the forseeable future until they correct all of these things starting with firing Vinny. It's almost like I got caught up in all the hype myself and forgot that Vinny is still coach.

Superstar

He is good because he is a freak. In terms of actual basketball skill, he is really not that good.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Griffin is good, but he has potential to be greater if he improve on his skills. The Clippers would only get so far in the playoffs depending on Griffin and his level of play imo. We know what CP3 can do, and Griffin has to step up to the next level in order to get far in the playoffs.

Griffin is an athletic beast. He is good passer and great ball handling skills for a guy his size. Great on the fastbreak. His post moves needs polishing, and he gets by on his athletic ability with his awkwardness. He's off to a bad start by his standards, but we'll see where he ends up by the end of the year.