Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Mediterranean Basketball Association (MBA) Being Formed

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0
    Adriatic league is legally based in Ljubljana, Slovenia not Serbia. The league’s owner is company named SIDRO whose owners are clubs competing in Adriatic league (Olimpia, Cibona, Bosna...)

If there is any truth in that article I doubt that Serbian clubs would compete in it. They already have Adriatic league, one of the best leagues in Europe.

Partizan is definitely behind the MBA league and wants to join it as soon as it starts.

AEK is also interested in joining the league and investing in it. The rumor is that they will be sold and the new owners (who are extremely wealthy) will help in making the new league also.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 08-11-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Why would this be a rival to the NBA? Americans historically don't like foreign leagues, the only one that gets any play comparable to the local league is the EPL ratings adn that league is leagues beyond the MSL whereas this would be nowhere near NBA quality.

that makes zero sesne.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why would this be a rival to the NBA? Americans historically don't like foreign leagues, the only one that gets any play comparable to the local league is the EPL ratings adn that league is leagues beyond the MSL whereas this would be nowhere near NBA quality.

that makes zero sesne.
    Stop being xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by niko

that makes zero sesne.
    He means rival worldwide I guess. As in two big leagues trying to steal fans from the other.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

I saw the proposal and it's a big deal if it happens. These teams are of major markets that can pay more than the sacramento's, utah's, portland's, even the seattle's of the nba. At one point these teams having more resources available is going to make the euroleague bigger, it's only a matter of time. NBA is a mess, owners were borrowing to pay salaries and could lose less money in a walk-out
    Last edited by b.jerk; 08-20-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Saw a basketball once Nikanorchik's Avatar

Default Safe Money on Licensed Software