Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far
Default Dolan can't be serious; can he??

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...sogAJJ49XDyG9M
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dolan can't be serious; can he??

I don't believe anything the Post says.Me and my dad have boycotted them since I could read newpapers.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dolan is a rich dumbass.

He could care less about basketball.

He only cares about the money he generates.

Which seems odd considering Walsh has probably saved Dolan probably over 100 mil, just shedding contracts and luxury tax.

But I guess when you are stupid rich, what's 100mil?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't worry.

I will buy Knicks when I become rich

Then I will open a thread on ISH:

Quote:
Suggestions and questions for Knicks GM
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Next time I go to a Wizards game I'm gonna try and link up with Grunfield again.I'm going to seriously ask him if it's possible for a guy who isn't a former player to become a GM.That was always my life long dream.If I were GM we'd have Melo,a center and a backup PG by now lol
Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Dolan got where he is from Papa Dolan right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
This guy got EVERYTHING handed to him. His brain is probably so filled with bong resin and coke he just doesn't get how to do what Papa D did to get where he got. It just seems this guy is a total tool to me.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Yeah, his dad's a billionaire. Cablevision, HBO. James has been riding his dad's coattails his whole life.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I admit Dolan does leave a lot to be desired but what exactly has Walsh done that makes not bringing him back such a travesty?

Walsh was handed a team that would have had the room to sign one max guy last off-season and another this summer. So the idea he had to totally revamp the roster to do so is bogus.

Walsh has done a good job for the Knicks but he certainly hasn't done a "OMG, we gotta keep this guy" job. I don't want them to bring Isiah Thomas back. Thomas brings too much negativity to this team. Still, I'm not totally opposed to bringing in a replacement for Walsh.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree.I think he gets alot of credit for basically doing math.Truth be told,some of the contracts he got rid of,were going to expire anyway.Not ALL of our cap room came from him.Some of the ridiculous contracts would have ended as of last year and this year.

I don't want Isaiah back,I'm still in limbo about Walsh but I wouldnt mind a replacement.I like Kevin Pritchard personally.I think my verdict will be determined by what he does with this Melo situation and how he handles the upcoming offseason.Let's face it,if Denver does this trade,it isn't because of any great negotiating tactics.It's because they got desperate.I can't begin to think why either team,Minnesota included,would do this (not that I'm mad at them lol).If Walsh gets Melo and addresses our center + backup point guard needs,I'm good.If not

They don't even have to be gr8 players btw.Just a decent center and a decent backup pg who can run a pick and roll and a fastbreak.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

I gotta stick up for Mr. Walsh ( ) here. He gets respect from other teams and he hasn't screwed for the next 10 years. Him being older than us, (I think), he doesn't do a trade just to do a trade (Isiah). This guy goes for high b ball IQ players (Fields) I don't know why Dolan's acting so messed up towards him, but I'm sure Mr. Walsh ( ) knows what he is doing. It seems we're not going to give up too much to acquire Melo and that bodes well for us. Dolan hired him for his own reasons, gave him full "autonomy", so it will be all on Dolan if this thing blows up in our face.

But I respect your guys opinions.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
I gotta stick up for Mr. Walsh ( ) here. He gets respect from other teams and he hasn't screwed for the next 10 years. Him being older than us, (I think), he doesn't do a trade just to do a trade (Isiah). This guy goes for high b ball IQ players (Fields) I don't know why Dolan's acting so messed up towards him, but I'm sure Mr. Walsh ( ) knows what he is doing. It seems we're not going to give up too much to acquire Melo and that bodes well for us. Dolan hired him for his own reasons, gave him full "autonomy", so it will be all on Dolan if this thing blows up in our face.

But I respect your guys opinions.

Mr.Walsh
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: