Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #16
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Default Re: Not Another FIBA Thread:

Obviously you didn't read my posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Quote first, comment afterwards.

You're Optimus Primus, not Jesus; you can't just destroy the order of things.

The reason we wanted applenader to own you is because you said that the USA could send out another "dream team" and expect to win. Obviously, you haven't been watching any international competitions in the last few years.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
For 1 Marion sucks in FIBA....the post defense and defense in general sucks against some of the better teams especially against the top teams... your team could win but it is far from the best we could send...The post defense and rebounding would get abused by the best teams...Odom is good but starting him with Amare against teams like Spain Argentina and Brazil is gonna be trouble...

If Brazil plays well they beat that team and same with Argentina and Spain an it wouldnt be a fluke.... One off jumpshooting game against the three and they are done...the defense sucks....
Post defense will not be nearly as big a problem as you make it out to be. The defense I spoke about using is a total team defense. It calls for heavy ball pressure, a post front, and a help defender sagging into the lane. That heavy pressure and post front force the passer to either not enter it into the post or lob it with enough air that the help defender can get over and double the post.

The rebounding won't be terrible either. The Laker break is designed in a way that due to the athleticism of all the players on the team you can have all five players crash the boards and still get out and run.

The biggest flaw in my idea is that it would take far more time to get guys up to speed than Team USA is actually given.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Post defense will not be nearly as big a problem as you make it out to be. The defense I spoke about using is a total team defense. It calls for heavy ball pressure, a post front, and a help defender sagging into the lane. That heavy pressure and psot front force the passer to either not enter it into the post or lob it with enough air that the help defender can get over and double the post.

The rebounding won't be terrible either. The Laker break is designed in a way that due to the athleticism of all the players on the team you can have all five players crash the boards and still get out and run.

The biggest flaw in my idea is that it would take far more time to get guys up to speed than Team USA is actually given.

i understand what your saying and it could work...But what if plan A doesnt work...what is plan B...is there one????

Even if they get out and run that can be stopped and slowed down by Euro teams...They have seen it before and would adjust...But in the half court when it isnt a blowout what do you do...No one can stop the top players on the top teams...We cant keep top teams off the boards with those lineups either.... Plus you are gonna rely way to much on primarily jumpshooters...at least bring either wade or kobe
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #19
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Hasn't Team USA been pretty much forming up since they got embarrassed at the 2004 Olympics? I remember the head of it, Colangelo I think, requiring players to make a long term commitment to Team USA. Unless they really aren't spending much time practicing, shouldn't 4 years be plenty of time? Getting better along the way?

I really like your ideas, and I think Team USA can be the best. But they have to play as a team and play with intensity. No longer can the USA throw a bunch of super stars together and roll the competition. Those days are long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Post defense will not be nearly as big a problem as you make it out to be. The defense I spoke about using is a total team defense. It calls for heavy ball pressure, a post front, and a help defender sagging into the lane. That heavy pressure and post front force the passer to either not enter it into the post or lob it with enough air that the help defender can get over and double the post.

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
i understand what your saying and it could work...But what if plan A doesnt work...what is plan B...is there one????

Even if they get out and run that can be stopped and slowed down by Euro teams...They have seen it before and would adjust...But in the half court when it isnt a blowout what do you do...No one can stop the top players on the top teams...We cant keep top teams off the boards with those lineups either.... Plus you are gonna rely way to much on primarily jumpshooters...at least bring either wade or kobe
What makes you think the team would be a jumpshooting team?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: