Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I'm not too worried about that. The important part is that he is being aggressive. That is the part I really hope translates when he comes back to the NBA.
    Absolutely good to see a Blazers fan who knows what they're looking for in Batum. Hell I couldn't care if he had 20 turnovers a games, he's being agressive and winning.

NIC=BEAST

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Absolutely good to see a Blazers fan who knows what they're looking for in Batum. Hell I couldn't care if he had 20 turnovers a games, he's being agressive and winning.

NIC=BEAST
    He's playing really well. He's led his team a 5-2 (4-0 French, 1-2 Euro) record so far this season and kept them close against a tough Fenerbahce team on the road without his team's 2nd best player and best big man. He was amazing in the last few minutes against Bilbao.

There's a really interesting game this weekend where Batum's team will play against Tony Parker's ASVEL team, most likely with Ronny Turiaf.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Is it really that hard to comprehend that NBA role player can average great numbers on a shitty team in France? I mean Batum has a horrible FG%, turns the ball over like a hot potatoe and his team is losing too. How is this a proof of NBA's superiority over Euroleague? The better case would be AK, who is a true Euroleague superstar and puts up great numbers WHILE his team is blowing out it's competition too...c'mon, are people really this dense in here?

his team aint losing,they got 1 win against ACB's runner up and 2 away losses, more than fine considering how weak their roster is.And lol at you comparing him to Kirilenko who is playin in a team whose worst player must be worth twice than Nancy's second best player.If anythin it says a lot about Batum that he's havin such great assists averages playing along those scrubs.

Batum is beasting,2nd scorer,2nd in assists,2nd in ranking,got an MVP award.

lol of course he is getting turnovers.

In the NBA, his skills are only good enough to be a catch and shoot role player.

In Europe his talent is overpowering enough to be a superstar and (clearly from the video) he is expanding his game to show it.

There is going to be an adjustment period as he alters his game, thus the turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak

his team aint losing,they got 1 win against ACB's runner up and 2 away losses, more than fine considering how weak their roster is.And lol at you comparing him to Kirilenko who is playin in a team whose worst player must be worth twice than Nancy's second best player.If anythin it says a lot about Batum that he's havin such great assists averages playing along those scrubs.

Batum is beasting,2nd scorer,2nd in assists,2nd in ranking,got an MVP award.
    so now shooting 34 % from the flield and turning the ball over like crazy means dominating LOL? Like I said, I could care less about his numbers in that shitty team of his, since he takes all the shots and still makes only 1/3 of them on average. He would be benched on any serious team with high aspirations playing like this...not like this board cares about such thing as "efficiency" anyway, since most of the teenage reetards here worship Kome Cryant and his brickfests, so why do i even bother

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

"He would be benched on any serious team with high aspirations playing like this..."

He wouldn't have to play like this on such a team. #logicfail

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

In his last two games, he's averaged 18 points/9 rebounds on 68% from the field in 26 mpg.
    Only in Europe do player routinely shoot 60%, 70%, etc. Ridiculous. They simply do not play any defense over there. Pathetic, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    lol of course he is getting turnovers.

In the NBA, his skills are only good enough to be a catch and shoot role player.

In Europe his talent is overpowering enough to be a superstar and (clearly from the video) he is expanding his game to show it.

There is going to be an adjustment period as he alters his game, thus the turnovers.
    I'd say the turnovers are more a product of him having to do EVERYTHING for his team to win. Every ball goes through him, and that usually means high numbers for every stat, turnovers included.
    I've only seen him play once with Nancy, against my home team, and you could see he was dominating, even though his shooting percentages were bad and had a lot of turnovers. Stats aren't everything.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    so now shooting 34 % from the flield and turning the ball over like crazy means dominating LOL? Like I said, I could care less about his numbers in that shitty team of his, since he takes all the shots and still makes only 1/3 of them on average. He would be benched on any serious team with high aspirations playing like this...not like this board cares about such thing as "efficiency" anyway, since most of the teenage reetards here worship Kome Cryant and his brickfests, so why do i even bother
    the bottom line is this.Is he helping his team or not?Would Nancy be better with lets say Lietuvos great Brad Newley in his place?All hypothetical but it's not hard to see that witout Batum they'd propalby challenge Zagreb for the title of euroleagues worst team.He's not Jordan but he's defeinitely havin a postitive impact on his team and despite his mediocre shootin percentages and turnovers he's still putiin up great numbers as proved by his ranking(averagin 26..)

the bottom line is this.Is he helping his team or not?
    Exactly.

Originally Posted by Euroleague
    This is false. Keep citing Wikipedia for your facts. Like the moron you are.
    ok, so he got ONE little thing wrong and that was that Parker was a EuroLeague champ in 2001 which he actually WAS technically. Yes it was really the SuproLeague BUT that was really just Euroleague minus some teams and the name b/c they foolishly never trademarked it and the 10 year old ULEB snaked it out from under them.

So you can be a jackass and say that its a lie (when its not) that Parker is not a 3 time Euroleague champion based on a technicality that can cut both ways or you can just STFU and admit that Paker is a 3 time European champion.

Regardless of your little punk ass cry fest, Parker is still listed with 2 season MVP awards (link, link), a EL Final Four MVP (link), two time EL 1st team (link, link), he is on their all decade team (link) and he did play for two teams that won it all (link, link) going by your self serving definition of what constitutes the EL.

Whats even funnier about this crap you try and pull is that the ULEB is the organization that has been pushing for more NBA like rules in European competition.
    Last edited by kentatm; 11-04-2011 at 01:30 PM.

the bottom line is this.Is he helping his team or not?Would Nancy be better with lets say Lietuvos great Brad Newley in his place?All hypothetical but it's not hard to see that witout Batum they'd propalby challenge Zagreb for the title of euroleagues worst team.He's not Jordan but he's defeinitely havin a postitive impact on his team and despite his mediocre shootin percentages and turnovers he's still putiin up great numbers as proved by his ranking(averagin 26..)
    OK, so according to you I should be majorly impressed by solid NBA player dragging a shitty team to 1-2 record in Euroleague...whatever brah, looks like we have a different definitions of "dominating". And isn't he supposed to shoot a bit better than 30 % against all the european "scrubs" anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    ok, so he got ONE little thing wrong and that was that Parker was a EuroLeague champ in 2001 which he actually WAS technically. Yes it was really the SuproLeague BUT that was really just Euroleague minus some teams and the name b/c they foolishly never trademarked their name.

So you can be a jackass and say that its a lie (when its not) that Parker is not a 3 time Euroleague champion based on a technicality that can cut both ways or you can just STFU and admit that Paker is a 3 time European champion.

Regardless of your little punk ass cry fest, Parker is still listed with 2 season MVP awards (link, link), a EL Final Four MVP (link), two time EL 1st team (link, link), he is on their all decade team (link) and he did play for two teams that won it all (link, link)
    I still don't get why anybody should be ashamed of Parker doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I still don't get why anybody should be ashamed of Parker doing great.

he is simply pissed that a middling NBA player went in and dominated Euro ball.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    he is simply pissed that a middling NBA player went in and dominated Euro ball.
    Well, the game is different. Superstars are gonna play well in either league, but "normal" players can fit in and produce better in an specific league.