Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Cousins kicked out of practice

Quote Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
    The point is though that Evans should be the leader of that team and try to humble Cousins.
    Oh, right, then....true....knowing what Tyreke went thru himself, he should be the grown man and father cousins out of this type of behavior....and cousins, being the Fugazi-wannabe-tough-guy Bamma that he is, should have utmost respect for Tyreke on that level.....it's just up to Tyreke to step up and excercise that authority.

To continue, not everyone can be treated the same. This isn't the army, you know. If you start treating everyone the same and one person doesn't accept it, why is it the common reaction to say well, everyone else accepts it so therefore you are being a baby. And then to continue to try to treat them the same or, even, be more harsh on them.

Even if you do succeed in breaking them, you have changed them and they don't like you. It's kind of like all of those people who get kidnapped and locked in someone's basement for 10 years. They might not talk back, but they have a very skewed perception of you.

People say he shouldn't be treated differently. Why not? He was a top pick. As an investment, he deserves more than any other player on the team other than Tyreke. Obviously, you don't worship him, but it makes a lot more sense to try to cater to his needs and see what he's trying to do.

Like I said, though... not everyone is the same. People are motivated differently and some people hate being told what to do and, generally, resent authority. Do you really think that means they can't play in the NBA? That's bullshit. In another career, those people would become leaders or own their own company but in the NBA, apparently, everyone has to be a soldier or a slave to the coach.

There are other ways to motivate people, and it's really pathetic that some of you guys see other forms of motivation as bending to his will. I guess they'd rather him hate the coach and jack up 3s. heh. It's not about winning against your own players... it's about winning the game. And you need to get your best players out on the court and ready to play as hard as they can.

But it's really up to them because eventually he will end up somewhere and be handled correctly and will succeed. People mention players like Rasheed or Iverson as guys who had their career influenced by their attitude but really, those guys were studs. I don't think that's a bad thing.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    But the point is that if someone is misbehaving you don't tell them to get out. That is, in a way, conceding. That doesn't help growth. I'm not comparing school to the NBA, I'm comparing the idea of getting a free day because you misbehave.

-Smak
    You're not getting a free day. To the student/player who thinks they get a free day are totally missing the point. Especially the player. Getting thrown out of practice should make you ask yourself what did I do wrong? What do I need to do so I dont get thrown out again. Celebrating a day off is assbackwards. The player should be thinking about talkin to the coach about the issues at hand. Not enjoying the rest of the day off. Getting thrown out of practice in front of your peers should be embarrassing. Shouldnt be something you giggle and laugh "haha yall gotta practice, I got the day off".

This is professional basketball. Its not a good look to get tossed out no matter how you spin it. And we dont even know if Cousins has been a repeated offender from whatever he is doin to make the coach react in that manner. Maybe his manuerisms, attitude was annoying, negative and the coach was fed up with it. If you dont want to be here, there is the door. See ya. I dont know what happened/what was said. Just saying thinking getting tossed out of practice isnt a good method I dont buy at all. He may have been a distraction, a downer. Maybe the coach didnt want his attitude on other guys who wanted to practice and work.

The coach is not a babysitter. Before anything he needs to command respect and instill discipline in the players he coaches. If someone isnt on the same page as that. Coach doesnt have to put up with it. See ya, hit the shower and hopefully you reflect on what happened today and adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    To continue, not everyone can be treated the same. This isn't the army, you know. If you start treating everyone the same and one person doesn't accept it, why is it the common reaction to say well, everyone else accepts it so therefore you are being a baby. And then to continue to try to treat them the same or, even, be more harsh on them.
    Huh? You think the successful teams in the NBA, everyone isnt on the same page? What is this rebellious attitude you're promoting? Everyone is going right, you go left and thats ok. Because i'm different so everyone adjust to you going left. Get out of here. I dont get that.

People say he shouldn't be treated differently. Why not? He was a top pick. As an investment, he deserves more than any other player on the team other than Tyreke. Obviously, you don't worship him, but it makes a lot more sense to try to cater to his needs and see what he's trying to do.
    He's proven nothing. He's a rookie. He's never been successful at the professional level. To think you have to cater to his needs is beyond hilarious and not dealing with reality. Go back to school and finish the rest of your college career. This is one argument why kids making the jump as "not ready" becomes somewhat valid. Pay your dues.

Like I said, though... not everyone is the same. People are motivated differently and some people hate being told what to do and, generally, resent authority. Do you really think that means they can't play in the NBA? That's bullshit.
    Are you serious?

Demarcus Cousins is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    Tyreke Evans sucks
    He's dealing with sprained ankles + Plantar fasciitis.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

20 and 8 in 23 minutes tonight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    He's dealing with sprained ankles + Plantar fasciitis.
    He must be a huge ***** if he's 21 years old and already faking injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    20 and 8 in 23 minutes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    He must be a huge ***** if he's 21 years old and already faking injuries.
    Can you please shut the hell up? Thank you.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I still feel Cousin's "headcase" are overblown instances of an immature man with a major ego. Still Paul Westphal was not the right coach to put with Cosuins. Cousins needs a strong personality that can be almost fatherly to him. That's why he worked so well at Kentucky with John Calipari.