Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Charlotte @ Chicago

If Felton keeps shooting like this I could definately put up with one of his 4-19 stink bombs every now and then. He has played well 5 out of the last 6 games.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Charlotte @ Chicago

i really want this game. we deserve that playoff spot and we need to let that be known.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The way we've been playing, we deserve the lottery pick we'll be getting.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

I was reading someone elses suggestion on another board. He said that if we somehow land the #1 pick than the Bell/Diaw trade was a total wash. Suggesting that a Felton/Richardson/Wallace/Griffin/Okafor combination would be much better than our current starting 5.

I would agree on that of course, but I still like the trade regardless even if we do luck up since we added depth that we needed badly.

Either way we will only have like a 2% chance of getting the first pick, but hey Chicago got it last year so..
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know, call me a conspiracy nut but we will never get the right ping pong ball. It will always go to a bigger market. The league always regretted the Hornets getting LJ, preferring him to play in NY. Look at last year's draft, it was a total joke that we fell to 8th. Not saying it's fixed, but IT'S FIXED!!!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
I was reading someone elses suggestion on another board. He said that if we somehow land the #1 pick than the Bell/Diaw trade was a total wash. Suggesting that a Felton/Richardson/Wallace/Griffin/Okafor combination would be much better than our current starting 5.

I would agree on that of course, but I still like the trade regardless even if we do luck up since we added depth that we needed badly.

Either way we will only have like a 2% chance of getting the first pick, but hey Chicago got it last year so..

Probability is a long run thing. Chicago got it doesn't mean Charlotte will. Say NBA draft lasts another century with no change, we should see a pattern of draft picks won according to the odds.

Assuming we're dead last or one of the last 5 teams in terms of winning reconrd in the entire NBA this season, the fan base will dissolve. You and I will throw eggs at that newly built stadium. See Vancouver Grizzlies record for reference. God (yeah today's Easter, maybe I shouldn't say that word?), I hate that team, err. I heard someone said the Grizzles and Clippers are the worst sports franchises ever, and didn't mention Charlotte. I was satisfied.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I don't know, call me a conspiracy nut but we will never get the right ping pong ball. It will always go to a bigger market. The league always regretted the Hornets getting LJ, preferring him to play in NY. Look at last year's draft, it was a total joke that we fell to 8th. Not saying it's fixed, but IT'S FIXED!!!

I've felt this way for a long time...
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

If you mean last year, 2008 NBA Draft, we had 9th.
But if you mean two years ago, we did have 8th, but traded that player.
So far from 2006 to 2007, Charlotte totally killed itself. The pick in 06 is currently not playing, and the pick in 07 is not playing much as well. Don't believe Jordan will make any spectacular pick in his lifetime, as he had already wasted Washington's 1st overall pick years ago.

Remember back in 2005 where Milwaukee won the 1st overall pick,
perhaps that somewhat rejects your argument.
However I believe Milwaukee wasted that pick...chose Bogut...OUCH...
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Don't believe Jordan will make any spectacular pick in his lifetime
DJ Augustin has been pretty good.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
If you mean last year, 2008 NBA Draft, we had 9th.
But if you mean two years ago, we did have 8th, but traded that player.
So far from 2006 to 2007, Charlotte totally killed itself. The pick in 06 is currently not playing, and the pick in 07 is not playing much as well. Don't believe Jordan will make any spectacular pick in his lifetime, as he had already wasted Washington's 1st overall pick years ago.

Remember back in 2005 where Milwaukee won the 1st overall pick,
perhaps that somewhat rejects your argument.
However I believe Milwaukee wasted that pick...chose Bogut...OUCH...

9th, sorry. I just remember we couldn't have done any worse as far as the ping-pong balls go. All I hope for with this year's draft is some depth on the bench.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: