Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #31
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Default Re: Not Sure Why Kobe Fans Even Get Mad About Bron Anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
Then why the **** were Laker fans shoving "kobe is better than MJ" down our throats for years?

Didn't post here around that time. 09 Kobe was pretty close to MJ and he had a great run, but his body of work falls short to Michael's in nearly every single category.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #32
IllegalD
Good college starter

LeBron already has the same amount of Finals losses in half the time. Explain that one?

Pretty pathetic considering Kobe has no athletic advantage over LeBron or Jordan, yes has achieved comparable success.

Also LeBron is doing it going through a historically shit Eastern Conference, and in maybe the weakest era of competition since the 60's.

Also, LeBron has the same amount of HOFs on his "regular team" that Kobe did in his "super duper stacked HOF superteams".

Kobe won 5 rings with the same total amount of HOF players (2: Shaq, Gasol) than LeBron had just for his first ring (2: Wade and Bosh)

Not to mention that Kobe dominated in an decade where these same dynasty Spurs in their prime where at their best with a prime Tim Duncan, not this geriatric version that LeBron is making his "legend" on.

Insecure LeBron stans.

If it was true that LeBron was that much better than Kobe and it wasn't even a discussion you guys wouldn't be making threads about Kobe while LeBron is in the middle of his "legendary run"
IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #33
Leftimage
I dunk in Crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalD
LeBron already has the same amount of Finals losses in half the time. Explain that one?

Pretty pathetic considering Kobe has no athletic advantage over LeBron or Jordan, yes has achieved comparable success.

Also LeBron is doing it going through a historically shit Eastern Conference, and in maybe the weakest era of competition since the 60's.

Also, LeBron has the same amount of HOFs on his "regular team" that Kobe did in his "super duper stacked HOF superteams".

Kobe won 5 rings with the same total amount of HOF players (2: Shaq, Gasol) than LeBron had just for his first ring (2: Wade and Bosh)

Not to mention that Kobe dominated in an decade where these same dynasty Spurs in their prime where at their best with a prime Tim Duncan, not this geriatric version that LeBron is making his "legend" on.

Insecure LeBron stans.

If it was true that LeBron was that much better than Kobe and it wasn't even a discussion you guys wouldn't be making threads about Kobe while LeBron is in the middle of his "legendary run"

And you're calling LeBron stans insecure ??

Leftimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #34
IllegalD
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftimage
And you're calling LeBron stans insecure ??

70's: The Golden Era of league parity. 8 different teams managed to win the championship during this era.

80's: You had 4 Top 10 players (Kareem, Magic, Bird, young Jordan) in the league at the same time. You had 2 GOAT dynasties, with both players in their peaks (Magic Lakers and Bird Celtics) dominating the era and keeping each other from winning more in the finals. You had no less than 4 GOAT teams in the era (Magic/Kareem Lakers, Celtic Big 3, Bad Boy Pistons, and the Moses/Dr. J 76ers). 1 GOAT defensive team (Bad Boy Pistons)

90's: Jordan dominated the golden era of Centers (Hakeem, Admiral, Ewing, Mourning, Shaq, Mutombo, Mourning) in a league which historically favors teams with a dominant big-man to win. The level of superstar was superior (The "Dream Team" Era: Stockton, Malone, Drexler, Ewing, Barkley, Robinson, etc.) 2 GOAT defensive team (90's Knicks, 90's Bulls)

2000's: Eerily similar to the 80's you have the overlapping of 4 Top 10 players (Shaq, Duncan, Kobe in their primes, a young LeBron). 2 GOAT dynasties matching each other tit-for-tat in finals appearances/titles (2000's Spurs and 2000's Lakers). The crop of "Next Jordan" swingman clones was the strongest its ever been with prime Kobe, prime Wade, young LeBron, prime TMac, prime Carter, prime Pierce. Even the "non Top 10" superstars of the era managed to go to multiple finals and win a rings (Dirk, KG, Wade, Kidd, Pierce). 3 GOAT defensive teams (2000's Spurs, 2004 Pistons, Big 3/Thibs Celts)

2010's: Golden era of PG's (who historically do not lead championship teams as the best player, with the rare exceptions of Magic [who's a 6'9 freak with PG skills] and Isiah). LeBron's biggest "shadow adversary" is Durant (who might not even be the best player on his own team), and his biggest challenge is an aging Spurs team with a past their peak big 3 from the previous era who's transcendent player is 38. Only GOAT defensive team is the Heat themselves.

Last edited by IllegalD : 06-09-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #35
IllegalD
Good college starter

Funny. Like a typical LeBron-nobslobber you ignored all my other valid points and just focused in on the one thing you could "counter". Like someone trying to win an internet argument by focusing on misspellings.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #36
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Kobe's better because of his cojones that led to more rings and NEVER leaving bullets in his gun. Alphas unload their clips like it's a damn western movie.

Bron's stats are padded and meaningless when it comes to GOAT discussion.

That's why Russell > Wilt.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #37
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

He's a quitter. He quit before he even left. He's a beta underneath it all. He will never be better than Kobe and that is a fact.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #38
GODbe
Banned

So basically what you guys are saying is

1.5* > 5?

Why do you guys insist on beginning the same debate when you know you've already lost?
GODbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODbe

1.5* > 5?

Why do you guys insist on beginning the same debate when you know you've already lost?

Insecure over the collusion, quitting, and cowardice.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #40
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODbe

1.5* > 5?

No, we're saying 2 > 2*
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #41
MVBallin2K
Dunking on everybody in the park

You know, this whole discussion along with Kobe and MJ and even Lebron and MJ is so played out by now. I fully believe that some stans simply want attention so they go back to the default playbook of comparing them so they can continue to stay relevant.

Hey, not saying it doesn't work but there is no answer to who's better. It's all subjective and opinion. There is no clear cut answer as to who the GOAT is. Don't blame anyone for thinking it's MJ, Lebron, Kobe, Bill Russell, you name it. If you think they're foolish for it, great but that's their opinion. You can make arguments for a lot of the best players from the various era but I don't watch basketball to trash one player so I can further the agenda of my own favorite. I watch basketball for the love of the game and whether I'm watching Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Durant, Melo, the list goes on...I watch to appreciate their game not so I can rush on ISH and make a thread whenever they fail. All players fail at some point, true elites are able to come back from that. It's too bad that there are stans from EVERY fanbase who will never see this post or will not care enough to learn from it.
MVBallin2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #42
Real14
2Willd & 2Fresh est.86

Kobe stay living rent free in Silkkthacocker's head. Kobe fans aint mad cuz they know historically that LeShortcut will never be better than kobe. Silkk living in his own world again
Real14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #43
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real14
Kobe stay living rent free in Silkkthacocker's head. Kobe fans aint mad cuz they know historically that LeShortcut will never be better than kobe. Silkk living in his own world again

Ether.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #44
Byobob
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Silk, you mah boy but don't blow your loads too early. As a fellow stan, you must resist making threads like this and wait for our King to get his third.

IF LeGod gets his third, then fire away. Heck, I might join you make countless LeBron>Kobe thread.
Byobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #45
nba_55
Kevin Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
You know, this whole discussion along with Kobe and MJ and even Lebron and MJ is so played out by now. I fully believe that some stans simply want attention so they go back to the default playbook of comparing them so they can continue to stay relevant.

Hey, not saying it doesn't work but there is no answer to who's better. It's all subjective and opinion. There is no clear cut answer as to who the GOAT is. Don't blame anyone for thinking it's MJ, Lebron, Kobe, Bill Russell, you name it. If you think they're foolish for it, great but that's their opinion. You can make arguments for a lot of the best players from the various era but I don't watch basketball to trash one player so I can further the agenda of my own favorite. I watch basketball for the love of the game and whether I'm watching Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Durant, Melo, the list goes on...I watch to appreciate their game not so I can rush on ISH and make a thread whenever they fail. All players fail at some point, true elites are able to come back from that. It's too bad that there are stans from EVERY fanbase who will never see this post or will not care enough to learn from it.

Great post!
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: